Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Defense

The Department of Defense (DoD) is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the United States armed forces. The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country.

The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency -tracing its roots back to pre-Revolutionary times. Today, the Department is not only in charge of the military, but it also employs a civilian force of thousands. With over 1.4 million men and women on active duty, and 718,000 civilian personnel, DoD is the nation's largest employer. Another 1.1 million serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces. More than 2 million military retirees and their family members receive benefits.

Perhaps you are working for the DoD or interested in working for the DoD. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DoD.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Trey  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:35:06 AM(UTC)
Trey

Groups: Registered

Did anyone else interview for the IS position with DCMA in Grand Prairie Texas approximately two weeks ago? If so, have you received any feed back regarding the interview? Status is still showing that no selections have been made via the Resumix website. 

Trey2012-03-27 09:37:29
"Be the change you want to see in the world."<br />-Mahatma Gandhi <br /><br />
martyb  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:21:29 AM(UTC)
martyb

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Trey, first just wanted to say I'm sorry for not responding to your pm.  There are some azzholes that make a day job out of playing games on this site, and I'm a little wary of them getting my personal email address.  Anyhow, I can see you're serious, so I'm ok with pm-ing anytime you want.  Sorry about the earlier thing. 

Anyway, are they even still using Resumix?  I guess maybe you slid in under the wire before they swithched to USAJobs.  Personally, I much preferred the Resumix system for DCMA job postings.  I recently moved everything over to the USAJobs system and it's much more of a pain to navigate and use.  It does work, though, because I currently have 3 selections, and got a call yesterday from one of the selecting officials to see if I still wanted an interview. 

Seems that even though the vacancy was announced with a paid PCS, they now want to crawfish on that part of the deal.  I haven't interviewed yet, but may go ahead if they are willing to at least consider a hiring/moving incentive payement to offset my expenses.  I don't know how they can offer a paid move & then take it back after the announcement has closed. 

I hope you make it to Texas.  I've been to the DCMA offices in GP, and most likely, you'll be meeting some of the folks I work with & for.  I'm not in Grand Prairie, but am about 3 1/2 hrs from there.
martyb2012-03-27 11:27:52
Forum trolls to 0%
Trey  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:45:02 AM(UTC)
Trey

Martyb,

No problem about the pm, at first I figured you were one of "those" people that don't respond to pms. No big deal, and thank you for answering what I asked.  I really appreciate it! I applied for a whole round of DCMA jobs right before they switched to USAJOBS. I guess I got lucky, I definitely think Resumix is much easier to use than USAJOBS, but that is my personal opinion. 

I applied for an IS position in GP Texas and then interviewed about two weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything regarding the interview.  I felt I did really well, and the three hiring officials sounded as if they liked me. I've been checking the status via Resumix religiously, but still it continues to say I was referred and that is it. How long does it generally take the hiring officials to make an offer or send the declination letter after interviews are completed? Does DCMA interview the top 15 applicants like other agencies?  I’m really anxious to work for DCMA, I am ready for a move and a new career (currently work for the AF, and am ready for a change).

Also, I interviewed for a QA position in San Diego approximately a month ago, and I still haven’t heard anything, and the Resumix status still says I’m “referred.” Can you provide any insight into DCMA’s hiring process? Is it slow like the Air Force? They should send out a declination letter via email if I’m not offered the position right? Also, I’ve got an interview for a GS-12 IS position located in South Korea coming up, but I’m not sure how reluctant they will be to hire me with no previous IS experience? I was stationed in South Korea for two years when I was active duty in the United States Army.  Also I found out today I’ve got an interview for a QA job with DCMA in New Jersey on the 11th of next month.  I’m really excited to work for DCMA, I’ve heard a lot of good things about the agency. I guess I'm probably being a little impatient.

Any insight into the Agency’s hiring process would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Martyb, and everyone else that comments.

Trey2012-03-27 11:52:00
Broncoman13  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:24:24 AM(UTC)
Broncoman13

Your persistence will pay off.  Keep up the good fight and be patient. 

Marty, a lot of positions are advertised as PCS May be Authorized based on... 

There is not a lot of PCS funding available for anyone in the agency.  I don't know for fact, but I think with the realignment a lot of the funding has gone to the folks that are required to move to Ft. Lee.  So the funds are not available for PCS.  But, I think you can always request/negotiate a move incentive.  I've never dealt with it myself so I don't know how much that is or the likelihood of getting the incentitive, but I wouldn't turn down an interview b/c of the PCS.  Cross that bridge when you get there. 

I agree with you though, if PCS isn't available, they shouldn't show that it is available in the announcement. 
martyb  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:29:39 AM(UTC)
martyb

Thanks Broncoman13.  Yeah, I am familiiar with the incentives.  I requested and received a $5000 incentive when I moved for my present position.  After taxes, it came to $3500, which is just about what it cost me to make the move.  So...not as nice as a PCS, but it could have been worse....
Forum trolls to 0%
martyb  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 1:04:00 AM(UTC)
martyb

Trey, if you ever make it to Grand Prairie, look me up in the DCMA global directory & say hello.  I won't be hard to find on there.
Forum trolls to 0%
fdstewie  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 6:38:36 AM(UTC)
fdstewie

But, of course, no one told you...DCMA is the land of the drones....
Trey  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 7:42:44 AM(UTC)
Trey

Martyb and Broncoman13,

I would like to thank both of you for commenting, I really appreciate the information. I'm still waiting to hear something in regard to the interview I had for the Grand P area. I checked the position's status via Resumix, and Resumix says that its still pending. Actually, all of the DCMA interviews I've had within the last two months are still pending. Seems like they are waiting on budget to fill positions??? I've got an interview for a QA job with DCMA in New Jersey next Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to that.  I'm really excited at the idea of working for DCMA, but it seems like its taking the agency forever to fill vacancies! 
hgr333@msn.com  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 9:18:43 AM(UTC)
hgr333@msn.com

I have just been provided with a tenative job offer to work in the Contracting Section in Grand Prairie, Texas am wondering if you can assit me in locating some of the Contract Administrator at the DCMA? Thank for your assistance
martyb  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 9:42:11 AM(UTC)
martyb

Nope, sorry. You're not an employee,and therefore you have no need for that information. If you actually do go to work in Grand Prairie, you'll be provided with everything you need. Why would you think that someone with a tentative offer would be given access to that kind of information?

I know all of those folks, and I don't believe they'd be happy to know a prospective new employee was on the internet asking for insider information. Not a good sign.

You still have a security/background investigation to pass.martyb2012-11-23 17:49:00
Forum trolls to 0%
Enterprise  
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:00:30 AM(UTC)
Enterprise

martyb wrote:
Nope, sorry. You're not an employee,and therefore you have no need for that information. If you actually do go to work in Grand Prairie, you'll be provided with everything you need. Why would you think that someone with a tentative offer would be given access to that kind of information?

I know all of those folks, and I don't believe they'd be happy to know a prospective new employee was on the internet asking for insider information. Not a good sign.

You still have a security/background investigation to pass.

Good looking out! As for the position you applied for and was referred, you indicated that the JOA originally mentioned PCS would be offered.

Did it state "PCS may be authorized" or "PCS will be authorized"?
Trey  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:48:07 AM(UTC)
Trey

I believe it was "PCS may be authorized," but I'm not sure. This was several months ago.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed