Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
countrychick  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:49:28 AM(UTC)
countrychick

Groups: Registered

I applied for a position that closed 2/27 and they still haven't issued a cert list.  Is it normal for FS to wait a whole month or more to issue a cert?
mrob  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:38:40 AM(UTC)
mrob

I have applied to forest service jobs that have taken 3 months to issue a cert list and a year later still haven't conducted interviews or selected anyone (according to the avue dojo). I gave up on USFS for a while but applied to a job that closed 01/17/2012 and there has not been a cert issued for that one either. I am a biologist for DOI and see many forest service jobs I would like but I feel like I am just wasting time applying...
pissfir  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:31:51 AM(UTC)
pissfir

It takes months to get a temporary employee hired, so, It would not surprise me if it takes many months to hire a permanent employee.  Best of luck to you! If it were me, knowing what I know after 33 years with the outfit, I would run the other way.

countrychick  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:26:11 PM(UTC)
countrychick

LOL  thank you!  I could say the same thing about some of the organizations I have worked for!  It is good to know that this is the norm and that is isn't a problem with this particular announcement. 
Fed1969  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:46:05 AM(UTC)
Fed1969

countrychick wrote:
I applied for a position that closed 2/27 and they still haven't issued a cert list.  Is it normal for FS to wait a whole month or more to issue a cert?

Certs could take from a few days after closing to months.
Sneska  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:40:10 AM(UTC)
Sneska

I hear AVUE is gone. Thank God. several years ago my Forest reorganized and I had to apply for my own job (different title, same duties). AVUE would not save my work experience adn I could not make the cert so I did not get the job. It meant a grade increase too. They "gave " me a job the Forest did not even have on the org chart.
Another reason for retireing FAST!
countrychick  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:52:16 AM(UTC)
countrychick

Avue is not gone, possibly it is improved.  I have never had a problem with it and I especially like the Dojo chat when I have a question.  USA Jobs doesn't offer anything like that.  Avue rocks!Clap
Sneska  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:18:17 AM(UTC)
Sneska

I got an email on Monday saying AVUE was being replaced. Maybe it is still here but being replaced soon. When I get screwed out of my own job that I am qualified for and no one in Agency helps....
countrychick  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:44:42 PM(UTC)
countrychick

I had not heard that!  Here we go again then, setting up a profile and entering all the data!  I won't mind if it takes a while to replace Avue.  Hopefully I will get blessed with a position by that time!!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed