Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Window Clerk  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 1:07:03 AM(UTC)
Window Clerk

Groups: Registered

From the former employee Ryan Bradford...

http://ryancbradford.com/2011/05/05/all-the-dogs-want-to-kill-me/

San Diego mailman behind “All the Dogs Want to Kill Me” is fired for “AtDWtKM”/talking about being a mailman.

How I Became an Injustice to the Postal Service

On Wednesday, June 29th, Frances Meana called me into her
office and told me to shut the door. She flipped a couple stapled pieces of paper to me and asked, “What can you tell me about this?”

I should have been more nervous: with more than 25 years of
postal-service duty under her belt, the Point Loma Post Office branch
manager possesses the intensity that comes from persevering in an
industry content on giving 59% at any given time. She talks fast, to the
point and doesn’t sugar-coat anything. Simply, she’s a force to be reckoned with.

So I should have been more nervous, but honestly, I had spent that day carrying 8 hours
of mail with no assistance, no lunch and one brief bathroom break. To
put that in perspective, most the routes at Point Loma are clocked at
around 5 hours, which carriers are expected to complete within the 8
hours they’re on the clock—the extra time allotted is for travel,
loading/unloading, lunch, breaks, etc. 8 hours of mail is a helluva lot
to carry in one day, and I was so tired that I could’ve faced the postmaster himself with the same resign.

And honestly, I wasn’t too surprised at what was on the papers in front of me.

10Flashback
to the beginning of May. I had taken some pictures of vicious dogs on my routes and threw them online under the title “All the Dogs Want to Kill Me.” It became somewhat of an internet sensation, featured on Gawker, NPR, and MSNBC.

When Kinsee Morlan of the San Diego CityBeat asked if she could also
do a write-up, like anyone who is at all interested in attention and
recognition, I jumped at the chance. Plus, it was going to be the first
time my story was IN PRINT—which, despite what you hear from Kindles and iPads, is still a big deal.

Apparently, the Postmaster also reads print.

=====================================

The rest of his story along with his termination letter.

http://ryancbradford.com/2011/07/28/how-i-became-an-injustice-to-the-usps/

TenshiMoe  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 1:00:33 AM(UTC)
TenshiMoe

dammit I wanted to do something like that. I live in San Antonio and I've already been bit 4 times. A documentation of the perils I face daily would have been nice for some people to see for themselves. Granted, my version wasn't going to be as snarky and sarcastic as this one. There are some Good Dogs and Bad dogs. Some are strays and it just makes you sad, other's belong to people and want to kill you. I'm not sure if I still want to do it now because I would rather not be fired. I guess I could do it for my own personal reasons...so I can show my friends and family not plaster it all over the internet.

oldschoolguy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 1:39:21 AM(UTC)
oldschoolguy

You wrote:
"There are some Good Dogs... (Sic) Some are strays other's belong to people and want to kill you."

My response:
It's important to remember that everyone must sing for their supper. 

That said, these dogs you point out, are just performing their guard dog duties, and perhaps at fully successful levels.
TenshiMoe  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 4:02:39 AM(UTC)
TenshiMoe

No "guard dog" should climb over a fence and chase me down a public road or come busting out of someone's partially open screen door. These people's dogs are not neutered and most likely not vaccinated and are allowed to roam the streets at their own free will impregnating every female stray they can find. Sure they are just being dogs, but they are *****ty dogs who the owners claim are "guard dogs" when in reality, they are just neglected dogs chained or put out in the yard. If 85% of South(ghetto) San Antonio's dog owners were more responsible we wouldn't have such a large bite percentage. I see these nasty looking dogs that people own and I just shake my head, it's abuse because they can't afford to have them. And they can't have just one they have to have like 5 and they only do the bare minimum.

I love it when they say "Oh he won't bite" when they get loose and you see this dog snarling and snapping at you. SERIOUSLY?! He won't bite? Yeah I'll disregard your "Beware of Dog" sign and the chow or pit bull...hell even seen some pretty vicious Golden Retrievers, sitting on your porch and I'll deliver this package right to your door, because I take your word for it that your "guard dog" is not going to bite me.

*Disclaimer: nothing against chow or pit bull. I've had a pit, wonderful dogs however, majority of the *****ty dogs I see are in fact some kind of chow or pit bull.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed