Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
docyou2  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 4:27:31 AM(UTC)
docyou2

Groups: Registered

Always firght for what you believe in. If you believe you have been wronged because of your race...fight!! Do not give up because of the process or the cost. Do some research, you can do it. I did and brought these racist to light. You worked hard for everything only to have it all taken away because someone does not like the color of your skin. You have kids...if you do not fight for what is right, someone will treat your kid the same. I am in the process of possibly reaching a settlement in my case. It was not easy but I was not going to let someone get away with ruining my life!!

rabbitdog99  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 5:18:01 AM(UTC)
rabbitdog99

I knew you could do it.  Hope you get everything they owe you.

ClapThumbs UpStarBig smileClap

wizard  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 9:56:38 PM(UTC)
wizard

Clap
SpankyFrost  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 11:05:57 PM(UTC)
SpankyFrost

Good on you!  Do you have links for details of your case so others can see?  I know that alot of these processes side with the agency, so it would be interesting to see resulting cases that did not have expensive attorneys and how you struggled through the process, although the agency is allowed to get away with many of the so-called time limit restrictions.  It sounds like you had a EEOC case.  What was it like getting to commission for your arguments.  Do you believe they were fair in listening to your arguments and presenting your case?
lotusleaves  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:24:57 AM(UTC)
lotusleaves

I looked at your case through your postings. And I can only applaud you for believing in yourself and doing the right thing. For many of us, EEO is not about the money but is actually a fight for equal opportunity, fight against the wrong. Wish one day there would be consequences attached for the bad managers who push people to file EEO by doing wrong to them and not just the tax payers money awarded to the complainant. The real cleaning of bad managers would only happen if they are stripped off their rights and position by the agencies.

ClapClapClapClap
docyou2  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:33:59 AM(UTC)
docyou2

Thanks for the acknowledgement. Hope folks understand that sometimes one have to fight for their rights.
docyou2  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:36:31 AM(UTC)
docyou2

I will post details once settlement is complete. I am going through pre hearing settlement talks.
mailwench  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:12:00 AM(UTC)
mailwench

docyou2 wrote:

Always firght for what you believe in. If you believe you have been wronged because of your race...fight!! Do not give up because of the process or the cost. Do some research, you can do it. I did and brought these racist to light. You worked hard for everything only to have it all taken away because someone does not like the color of your skin. You have kids...if you do not fight for what is right, someone will treat your kid the same. I am in the process of possibly reaching a settlement in my case. It was not easy but I was not going to let someone get away with ruining my life!!

I cannot agree more.  I have been in the EEOC process for 1 year and 1 week.  I am fighting for Honesty, Integrity, Ethics & Intelligence which certain managers prove daily that they have none of the above.  If you truly believe you have been wronged, let honesty guide your way!  I have no attorney, I was not allowed mediation, however, I have a court date now and the truth will set me free.  This is not a fun process but if you begin it, you should do everything in your power to complete it!  At a certain point, there is humor in watching those that willfully discriminate dig their hole so deep trying to dodge the legal system bullet with more discrimination in the form of retaliation.

Its a wonderful learning process.  I have never even been to traffic court but with honesty I grabbed the attention of the ADJ at EEOC and he will decide in July.  I can say that so far, the ADJ has brought the Postal Inspectors to my facility (twice), to see managers!  Clap

Good luck with your process docyou2, I know I won't let up on mine until there aren't any more corners to turn!  Fight when your life depends upon it!  If more people would fight, there wouldn't be so many problems!

docyou2  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:49:08 AM(UTC)
docyou2

@mailwench....I sincerely appreciate your desire to fight for what you believe in. I worked my case pro se up to the prehearing stage where I was able to get a lawyer on a contingency basis. I finally settled and can move on. If you have the evidence and the desire the truth will come to light. Clap

mailwench  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:28:25 AM(UTC)
mailwench

Thank you very much for the response docyou2.  This is a long fight but now that there is a judge involved, my stress levels are little lower.  It is a very difficult thing, and I am sure anyone who has fought this fight knows, it is extremely difficult to report to work every day under these conditions.   Unfortunately, it involves the duplicity of a manager that I considered a very best friend and to find out, through the ROI of her involvement was almost more than I thought I could handle.  Thankfully, where it appears that she was attempting to throw me under the bus (unknown reason for her actions) it eventually did more damage to all 3 upper management personnel and herself.  Their credibility is out the window and she may be facing certain charges herself for not reporting certain crimes that she was aware of, not including my charge of harassment she didn't do anything with.  Its all so insidious it isn't worth my agony any longer. 

I want to complete the process, not alone but with a non attorney representative.  Attorney's (no insult to anyone) use smoke and mirrors and I have literally 4' of documents and I want to keep it "Real".  It is what it is and I will never be put through this again once I am finished.

I'm glad you can move on now.  I can't wait for the day but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  How long from beginning to end did you have to deal with.  Did you go to a hearing or Settle after Pre Hearing?  I hated that telephone mess the day I had mine, back in early March.

hustonj  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:29:11 PM(UTC)
hustonj

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
docyou2 wrote:
Always firght for what you believe in.

I believe the EEO programs are little more thna forced discrimination against those who are not targeted beneficiaries of those same programs.

I believe that the best qualified person should be hired regardless of race, sex, religion, etc.

I believe that everyone in the USA EXCEPT non-Hispanic Caucasion males from middle income (or more) families have EEO programs designed to give them an advantage which encourages them to be selected/hired/promoted whether they are the most qualified candidate or not.

I believe full compliance with the EEO laws as written force discrimination against my children because of nothing they have done, no choice they have made, and without any opportunity for them to defend themselves against exactly the sort of behavior the EEO laws were intended to prevent.
oldschoolguy  
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:08:26 AM(UTC)
oldschoolguy

You wrote:
"Unfortunately, it involves the duplicity of a manager that I considered a very best friend and to find out, through the ROI of her involvement was almost more than I thought I could handle.  Thankfully, where it appears that she was attempting to throw me under the bus (unknown reason for her actions) "

I read your post, and feel badly for you.  What you must understand is this.  Most managers' hands are tied.  That's because Business Results come before labor relations issues.  That's the bottom line. 

So, we'll all just have to find ways to cope with bullies in the work place.
mailwench  
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 10:53:42 PM(UTC)
mailwench

Hi oldschoolguy,  Oh please, don't feel badly for me.  I am fine at the moment and greatful that some truth has come out of this mess...I do not believe in Unethical, Immoral and Unprofessional behavior.  I am no Saint by any means, however, I am very thankful my "rose colored glasses" have been shattered.  I will not agree with coping with bullies, if more people would fight for their rights instead of allowing the Managers to abuse them, I would guess that abuse would be lowered.  People, by nature, would rather ignore the problem.  That is sad and I feel bad for those that allow it. 

Managers hands are tied only because they allow it.  They too have employee rights and its their choice to cross the line.  They do not sign any paperwork that states they will do whatever they are told, legally or illegally, morally or immorally.  They chose to take the wrong path and knowing discriminate at will.  In my case, there are a few broken laws that have come to light.

Thankfully, there are still Managers who do the right thing and I can only respect them completely for it!

StellaMaris  
#14 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 5:23:05 AM(UTC)
StellaMaris

I agree with you completely about choices.  We can chose to do the right thing or chose to stand by and let bad things happen to good people.  The more I see transpire in the Federal workplace, the more depressed I get.  It makes me wonder about the human conscience.

In all honesty, it's beginning to scare me.  I too, am no saint.  I do try to live a spiritual life and depend on guidance from a Higher Power, whom I chose to call God.  I know the dishonesty has gone on since Adam and Eve.  Waking up to the reality is far more serious than I naively believed. 

I have no powerful thoughts.  I'm really drained after seeing and experienced what I have to this date.  I long for the day that I can leave and retire, leaving all this behind me.  In the meantime, I'll continue with my own EEO complaints and hope that someone will see and understand what we are experiencing.Cry
Great Spirit, let me not judge another until I have walked in his moccasins a moon or two.
mailwench  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:31:28 AM(UTC)
mailwench

Hi Stella,

You didn't say how long you have been in the process but here are a couple of powerful (if you allow yourself to believe them) thoughts:  "The truth will set you free". and it will!  When there is truth behind the statement, you stay consistent with your words and there is nothing to memorize....the Agency, on the other hand, don't remember what they say minute to minute because they are typically lies.

"What goes around comes back around" and at some point you will see the power of this one.  Its a fun thing to watch after 1 year and 3 weeks of hell!  I am finally seeing the truth work for me....if nothing else, I would hope that they will never mess with me again!  I actually just filed yet another EEO for Retaliation.  One would think after all this time these morons would realize that they can't back me down urghhh the stupidity of it all never ends!  Hang in there Stella!  It takes awhile but it will turn around for you at some point!  Be proud for fighting for your rights and never let anyone discriminate against you!  You have won already just by fighting for yourself!  Clap you go girl!

Rss Feed  Atom Feed