Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nickg1521  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 8:09:27 AM(UTC)
nickg1521

Groups: Registered

I just scheduled my interview for next week ,what should I expect? I would love to get the job. Any info you guys could give I would appreciate it.
trosas9  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:49:05 PM(UTC)
trosas9

There gonna ask the same questions they always ask. I'll name a few that I remember.

1. Is there warning shots in the BOP?
-Yes, give one warning shot, then shoot center mass.

2. What if you see an inmate choking to death in a holding cell and that holding cell has a 3 man hold. What do you do?
-Do not open the cell door! Notify your supervisor immediatley.

3. What do you do if an inmate gets in your face and becomes confrontational?
-Try to verbally talk him down, if that doesnt work hit your body alarm and request back up.

4. Your supervising inmates on a chain gang (Camp Inmates) cleaning on the side of the road. One inmate decides to make a run for it and runs away from the chain gang. What do you do?
-Tell all the other inmates to get in the vehicle you transported them in and immediatley call your supervisor notifying them of the inmates name, description and last known direction the inmate went.

5. During a riot you notice that your Captain is being stabbed repeatedly by several inmates. What do you do?
-Use your radio and notify control where the incident is taking place and render aid to your captain. Yes. You do have to fight the inmates off.

Thats all for now
JayhawkFan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:45:13 AM(UTC)
JayhawkFan

^^Those are basically the same questions I was asked. On the warning shot one though, I said hell no I wouldn't shoot a warning shot, I would shoot the inmate dead. the reason I said that was because I worked for a state prison before I worked for the BOP, and warning shots were strictly against policy (and stupid). Of course knowing what I know about the BOP now, it makes perfect sense that they have such an idiotic policy.

Anyway, even after that I was hired. I guess those interviewing me understood why I said what I said.
JayhawkFan2012-04-04 13:53:00
Talon3214  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:39:20 AM(UTC)
Talon3214

My interview is tomorrow at Williamsburg, where is yalls at?
JayhawkFan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:50:23 AM(UTC)
JayhawkFan

^^Employees of the BOP have been disciplined by higher ups due to posting on internet websites, so I doubt anyone here is going to say where they work. Since I no longer work for the BOP, I will gladly say that I used to work at USP Leavenworth in Kansas.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed