Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Soup 2.0

We encourage your suggestions and ideas for ways we can improve your experience, and welcome feedback. While we are unable to respond to every comment and/or email message, we are listening!

Our user-generated content is extremely valuable to us, but we also recognize the problems that can occur as a result and are steadily working toward improvements. This is the place to share!

Please ONLY post topics here that are related to the FederalSoup interface and user experience. Any topic posted that is not related to the forum interface will be moved to the appropriate forum.

(HINT: If you don't know exactly where your topic fits, post it in the General Conversations forum.)

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gonna b broke  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:24:49 PM(UTC)
gonna b broke

Groups: Registered

I received a 1105 election letter and elected to begin drawing OPM retirement not OWCP. About 2 weeks before I had sent them a form 50 that showed my salary should have been 69320 and not at the 54358 they comped me for. The letter read If I chose OPM retirement OWCP would go back to day 1 and figure out what I was owed. If I had recieved anything from OPM I would have to pay them ffirst and I would get what was left. Is this usual procedure? Or are they going back to recoup what should have been paid so to give it back to me. Any ideas? Still waiting on OWCP seemsom March they moved it from 1 drawer to another and that was it since then nothing. How far are these guys backed up I don't wish to lose my house.
gonna b broke  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:44:12 AM(UTC)
gonna b broke

Groups: Registered

OK update is OPM backed up yes, are they trying yes If your retirement has taken longer than 90 days and your disability was approved in Boyers PA. During initial process call OPM at one point they will have you talk to escalation team. But don't blame them they are up to their neks in cases and are doing the best they can. Yes you do run into rude people just wait a half hour recall and ask for a supervisor to report person was rude. right now I am code 089104 the last number is important it is how many escalations you have gotten. Right now I am 12 on list so keep plugging phone mumber 1-202-606-1800 when hear menus first menu hit 1 second 5 you will get a operator. they open at 0730 EST and remember be polite they are also frustrated folk.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed