Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Federal Employees Benefits Q &A

Do you have questions about your federal employee CSRS or FERS pension/annuity or federal employee retirement planning? Concerns about your Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) account or what about federal employee pay and leave issues?

Ask your question here.

The Q&A forum is moderated by Ed Zurndorfer -- an expert on federal employee benefits -- and a Certified Financial Planner, chartered life underwriter and chartered financial consultant in Maryland.

Zurndorfer is also the author of several federal employee benefits guides published by Federal Employees News Digest.

Your question will be put into a message queue and submitted for review. We cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered, however any answered questions will appear below, and some will also be featured in our daily Federal Daily e-newsletter (Subscribe here). Members of Federal Soup will not be able to submit replies to the questions posted, as we leave the replies for the moderator only.

Please do not submit employee benefits questions to the webmaster or the forum moderator.

Note: FederalSoup.com has attempted to compile information that is as accurate and current as possible for federal employees. Federal policies, laws, regulations, statistics and addresses continually change. Therefore, no warranties are made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information presented in this column. If additional clarification or information is needed, it is suggested that competent and professional assistance be sought. Mr. Zurndorfer does not moderate other forums on FederalSoup and will not reply to general FederalSoup inquiries submitted in this Q&A forum.

Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 4:56:25 AM(UTC)

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 64

After retirement, will I be able to rollover my Roth TSP contributions into my Vanguard Roth IRA, and will I be able to rollover my traditional TSP funds into my traditional IRA at another investment firm?
Ed Zurndorfer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:29:01 AM(UTC)
Ed Zurndorfer

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/10/2001(UTC)
Posts: 4,412

After you retire, you will be eligible to rollover some or all of your traditional TSP account to an existing traditional "rollover" IRA. You will also be eligible to rollover some or all of Roth TSP account to an existing Roth "rollover" IRA. Note that with Roth TSP, the funds must have been residing in the Roth TSP account for a minimum amount of time before you will be able to rollover the account. For more information, go to www.tsp.gov

Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.303 seconds.