Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

48 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cur679  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:56:27 PM(UTC)
cur679

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/2/2011(UTC)
Posts: 361

 
Base pay seems low. Is this an entry-level job? I think the locations I chose were Richmond, VA, Atlanta, GA, Tampa, FL, Minneapolis, MN, and Norfolk, VA.
 
 
I await my fallen brothers from the PAQ Intel thread!
cur6792012-04-05 08:07:24
Ol Sarge  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 1:44:09 AM(UTC)
Ol Sarge

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 26

There is also an open announcement at the GS 11/12 levels.  See link below:

 

http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/313478600#qualifications

 

I have read some older threads about intelligence analyst positions with the FBI and they were not all glowing.  Are there any current IA on this board that can speak to their level of job satisfaction and sense of value add to an investigation or overall mission?  There doesn’t seem to be as much information out there (internet, message boards, etc.) as there is for the SA position.

flyers29  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 5:48:37 AM(UTC)
flyers29

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/2/2008(UTC)
Posts: 295

I just applied too. And cur679 guess I'm competing with you on two of those locations. Confused

flyers29  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 6:06:16 AM(UTC)
flyers29

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/2/2008(UTC)
Posts: 295

Ol Sarge wrote:

There is also an open announcement at the GS 11/12 levels.  See link below:

 

http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/313478600#qualifications

 

I have read some older threads about intelligence analyst positions with the FBI and they were not all glowing.  Are there any current IA on this board that can speak to their level of job satisfaction and sense of value add to an investigation or overall mission?  There doesn’t seem to be as much information out there (internet, message boards, etc.) as there is for the SA position.



Did you see this thread? Too much to go through the whole thing but you might be able to get some info from it: http://federalsoup.feder...=fbi-intel-analyst-dc-hq
Wolverine85  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 6:34:12 AM(UTC)
Wolverine85

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/15/2011(UTC)
Posts: 97

I applied as well. I doubt I will make it since the FBI really wants people with expertise in the Middle East and Asia. I specialized in Eastern Europe with my education. Also, I am not fluent in any critical need languages. I do have foreign experience since I studied abroad twice. So we will see what happens. Plus a lot of my research papers did deal with the Middle East.
Ol Sarge  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:14:18 AM(UTC)
Ol Sarge

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 26

flyers29 wrote:
Ol Sarge wrote:

There is also an open announcement at the GS 11/12 levels.  See link below:

 

http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/313478600#qualifications

 

I have read some older threads about intelligence analyst positions with the FBI and they were not all glowing.  Are there any current IA on this board that can speak to their level of job satisfaction and sense of value add to an investigation or overall mission?  There doesn’t seem to be as much information out there (internet, message boards, etc.) as there is for the SA position.



Did you see this thread? Too much to go through the whole thing but you might be able to get some info from it: http://federalsoup.feder...=fbi-intel-analyst-dc-hq
 

Yes – I read probably 40-50 pages of this thread and did get a bit of information, but a lot of the discussion is about people’s application status, etc., and not as much related to on the job activities, job satisfaction, work place culture, career advancement potential, etc.  The root of my question is I have read in other forums that IAs tend to get stuck with administrative type duties, whether clerical, secretarial, or the like.  So, I wanted to see if there were any current IAs out there that could speak to their personal experience..

 

-OS

flyers29  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:41:24 AM(UTC)
flyers29

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/2/2008(UTC)
Posts: 295

Wolverine85 wrote:
I applied as well. I doubt I will make it since the FBI really wants people with expertise in the Middle East and Asia. I specialized in Eastern Europe with my education. Also, I am not fluent in any critical need languages. I do have foreign experience since I studied abroad twice. So we will see what happens. Plus a lot of my research papers did deal with the Middle East.


Same here, though the whole selection process just seems like a dartboard sometimes. Heck half the interviews I've had with the IC before were related to areas that I didn't specialize in (probably why I didn't get those jobs...) so you never know.
BrandonK  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:12:17 AM(UTC)
BrandonK

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/5/2011(UTC)
Posts: 26

I just threw my hat in the ring. I decided it's a crap shoot anyway, so I picked fun locations, but also said I want to be informed if there aren't enough people for other locations. I picked DC, Norfolk, Honolulu, San Diego, and San Francisco.

flyers29  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:14:51 AM(UTC)
flyers29

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/2/2008(UTC)
Posts: 295

What do you guys think was a good strategy for picking locations? I threw DC and LA in there just because I thought there'd be more positions than other places.

brian76  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 3:09:05 PM(UTC)
brian76

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/17/2009(UTC)
Posts: 552

Just applied as well, good luck everybody!
cur679  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 1:19:47 AM(UTC)
cur679

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/2/2011(UTC)
Posts: 361

Any possible way of editing your resume for the job posting? I wanted to tailor my resume by supplementing knowledge in international law, middle eastern politics/government, and politics and religion under education.
MT3  
#12 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 4:56:12 AM(UTC)
MT3

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Posts: 37

Hey there.

I'm one of the washouts from the PAQ thing.  Referred but not interviewed.  Seems like that's the story of my federal employment history.  My background is a BA in political science with a MA in political science with an American Government and political theory focus.  I'm hoping the DoJ may find the American Government stuff more interesting than the DoD seems to find it.
 
With this job, it's sort of a shame.  I live near a an FBI center, but it's not recruiting for this position.
 
Still, I want to wish all of you luck with this program.  Down the line, I'll try to keep in touch with my status, and I'll be interested in following the rest of you too.
 
Interesting component to this program is the test.  I've looked at the material on the FBI site about it, and it doesn't seem too bad.  It reminds me somewhat of the FSOT.  But I'm not real happy about the biography self assessment stuff.  I hated that section on the FSOT and it seems to be on the FBI thing too.  Seems to me a section like that is really easy to fudge people over since there are no "right" or "wrong" answers.
MT3  
#13 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 4:57:26 AM(UTC)
MT3

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Posts: 37

Oh, I should have read the whole tread before posting.
 
I think you can edit your resume through USAjobs and then resend it.  It should update.  I think.
cur679  
#14 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 6:40:17 AM(UTC)
cur679

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/2/2011(UTC)
Posts: 361

With the IA job, you have to create a resume through USAjobs. You can't upload your resume. I tried going through the FBI/Monster application process, but there's nothing.

Poplou  
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 8:12:43 AM(UTC)
Poplou

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/22/2012(UTC)
Posts: 59

.

Poplou2012-04-09 21:01:05
internhopeful  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 12:19:06 AM(UTC)
internhopeful

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/11/2011(UTC)
Posts: 23

/

internhopeful2012-05-14 12:23:53
Wolverine85  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 2:49:16 AM(UTC)
Wolverine85

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/15/2011(UTC)
Posts: 97

Cover letter should only be a page. I made one just for the intelligence community. Just list what research you have done related to the intelligence field and what classes/jobs you have that would make you the ideal candidate.
FedSomeday  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 5:33:13 AM(UTC)
FedSomeday

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/27/2011(UTC)
Posts: 53

Yep, one page is standard.  Just submitted my application an hour ago! We'll see what happens...
 
Although the announcement mentioned that FBI is having this opening to create a "pool" of candidates, does anyone know if there are any actual vacancies they need to fill in the near-term?
flyers29  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 7:22:35 AM(UTC)
flyers29

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/2/2008(UTC)
Posts: 295


FedSomeday wrote:
Yep, one page is standard.  Just submitted my application an hour ago! We'll see what happens...
 
Although the announcement mentioned that FBI is having this opening to create a "pool" of candidates, does anyone know if there are any actual vacancies they need to fill in the near-term?


Didn't it say something about re-applying if you don't receive any notification after September 1? That would seem to imply that they're looking to fill vacancies in the coming months.
jacksonjosaf  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 3:44:51 PM(UTC)
jacksonjosaf

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/18/2012(UTC)
Posts: 19

I also applied for this job.can any one please tell me the preparation material for this job.I choose atlanta as location
Best of luck for every one   
<a href="http://www.lifeinsurancegroup.com/whole-life-insurance.php" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">whole life insurance</a> | <a href="http://www.lifeinsurancegroup.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">life insurance</a>
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
48 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 2.021 seconds.