Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kellyoc519  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 5:56:56 AM(UTC)
kellyoc519

Groups: Registered

Does anybody know what kind of clearance this position requires (if any)? I think the Management and Program Analyst requires clearance but what about the M&P Assistant?

TIA

jhennessey  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:45:39 AM(UTC)
jhennessey

Hi kellyoc519,

we can only speculate here on the forum.

Check with the agency for specifics.

Best to you,     Jim H.
Jim Hennessey<br />Leesburg, VA<br />Federal Background Investigator (Ret.)<br />Security Clearance Consultant
Beagle1AD  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:28:39 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

kellyoc519 wrote:
Does anybody know what kind of clearance this position requires (if any)? I think the Management and Program Analyst requires clearance but what about the M&P Assistant?

TIA

Look at the announcement.
kellyoc519  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 4:27:54 AM(UTC)
kellyoc519

Thanks JHennessey and Beagle1Ad.

The announcement reads: 

Background Investigation including financial disclosure

I guess my question is, what level of security clearance would that be and what form would that require? I understand that it will all be revealed once they make a tentative offer, I just wanted to get a preview of the type of questions they might ask.

Thanks

kellyoc5192012-04-07 12:35:19
Beagle1AD  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 4:56:26 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

My "guess" would be a SF-85P.  So in my opinion I don't think a clearance is needed for an Assistant.

I read what an MPA key role and my guess would be that most won't need a clearance.

Management and Program Analyst

Key Role

The Federal Government is continually faced with new challenges. As a Management and Program Analyst, USCIS will rely on you to help the Agency confront current challenges and actively prepare for future challenges. Your primary role will be to analyze and propose ways to improve an organization’s structure, efficiency, and productivity in a variety of disciplines. Such disciplines may include, but are not limited to, areas such as budget, administration, human resources, or procurement. Your duties will be tailored to the specific discipline in which you are focusing.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed