Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ram134  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 6:50:41 AM(UTC)
ram134

Groups: Registered

I had a security interview in the past for a TS/SCI clearance; however, the job ended up being canceled right after it because of budgetary reasons.  Thankfully, I have a new opportunity that requires only a Secret clearance.  Just a couple questions:

1.  The TS/SCI security interview was obviously very detailed about almost all aspects of my life.  How less extensive is the Secret level security interview?  Just curious for my own edification.  A friend told me he thinks the Secret is less concerned with lifestyle questions.

2.  Will the BI be able to access my SF-86 that I completed for the previous position and answers from my TS/SCI security interview?  One reason I ask is that I erred and put down a few foreign contacts (professors) who I didn't realize hold dual American-foreign citizenship.  Plus, I put down someone who I thought I'd be doing some brief business with overseas but it did not work out as planned.  Presumably, I could just rectify any changes in the comments section?

3.  I know there are a lot of variables to consider, but does the Secret level BI usually conclude quicker than TS/SCI BI?  How long does a Secret level usually take?

Thanks.

chili.relleno  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 6:55:00 AM(UTC)
chili.relleno

Groups: Registered

In my Secret interview the BI just went over the questions on the SF-86 and that was that.  He didn't ask anything that wasn't on the SF-86.

Lifestyle questions are more in the realm of full scope poly examinations.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed