Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coderunner  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 2:14:52 PM(UTC)
coderunner

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/7/2012(UTC)
Posts: 115


This is for Honorable Veterans and Honorable Veterans only.  I will share with you tips that helped me get highered on with the Federal Government.  First is to pick up Katheryine Troutman or Lily Whitemen books.  Very good for resume formats.  I read within a month and got my first federal job right away.  Very helpful material espeically one that come with CD.  Also if you can afford you can higher a professional resume righter to help you get highered.  Both are good choices and the first step for Veterans.  Many Honorable will right resumes for Veterans and save them the trouble. 
I wish all Veterans great success getting a Federal Job.   
Beagle1AD  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 2:33:35 PM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 766



coderunner wrote:

This is for Honorable Veterans and Honorable Veterans only.  I will share with you tips that helped me get highered on with the Federal Government.  First is to pick up Katheryine Troutman or Lily Whitemen books.  Very good for resume formats.  I read within a month and got my first federal job right away.  Very helpful material espeically one that come with CD.  Also if you can afford you can higher a professional resume righter to help you get highered.  Both are good choices and the first step for Veterans.  Many Honorable will right resumes for Veterans and save them the trouble. 
I wish all Veterans great success getting a Federal Job.   


Oh crap welcome back, was starting to miss ya. 

I'm guessing it's Vet4life since he uses the highering term LOL

Beagle1AD2012-04-06 22:39:06
YoungFed  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 7:05:52 PM(UTC)
YoungFed

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/14/2012(UTC)
Posts: 191

Hiring Vs.  Highering;
ones a word and the other one isn’t.  I feel that you provided a good piece of information.  I’m sure it was a simple mistake. 



Fed1969  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 8:12:10 PM(UTC)
Fed1969

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/28/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,333

With so many veterans applying for federal jobs, the key is education and  training.  Just being a veteran may not even get you an interview.  Managers want talented employees.  The more skills you have the better.  Of course you need to interview well an know your stuff.
Scotter  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 9:15:35 PM(UTC)
Scotter

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 852

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
coderunner wrote:
This is for Honorable Veterans and Honorable Veterans only.  I will share with you tips that helped me get highered on with the Federal Government.  First is to pick up Katheryine Troutman or Lily Whitemen books.  Very good for resume formats.  I read within a month and got my first federal job right away.  Very helpful material espeically one that come with CD.  Also if you can afford you can higher a professional resume righter to help you get highered.  Both are good choices and the first step for Veterans.  Many Honorable will right resumes for Veterans and save them the trouble. 
I wish all Veterans great success getting a Federal Job.   
 
Really, and what is it you do and where do you work?
 
Let me see if I can help - you're and Admin Officer with the VA or DHS.  That sound right?
 
You have helped many honorable veterans get jobs (or should I say "get highered").  You spell like a 3rd grader on this forum and everybody wonders how you work for the feds but that doesn't matter because even though you can't spell here or know what spellcheck is, you are a GS-13 who has other admin aids who spell check for you.
 
You are the honorable veteran son of an honorable veteran father and a whole line of veterans dating back to the Crusades and as far forward as your honorable veteran unborn grandchild.
 
Sound about right?
 
You've already played this card as Vet4Life.  Go find another forum to spread you're vet hate.
 
Further proof:
 
For some reason last night you had extreme difficulty with the word "highered" as opposed to "hired".  Seems you didn't have any problem with that word on Mar 17th 2012 when you got the results of your FOIA request:
 
coderunner wrote:
Update-

I received results from FOIA request today.  I sent the FOIA because of the wording that email that said do to the high number of applicants not everyones application was considered.  Well come to find out the person that was hired was not a Vet.  The person hired was also not a current or former federal employee.  If all applications could not be considered how can they hire a person who is not a Vet over Vets themselves? 

I would like to take this further and get a lawyer and sue.  What is the next step because I have seen information on here about EEO complaints.  What kind of monetary compensation are we looking at here?
 
Also for somebody who's "half way" in persuit of their Bachelors why would you have so much trouble with the word "hired"? - wait - maybe there is no english class requirements in your degree field:
 
coderunner wrote:
I have been in my current federal job as a GS-9 for going on 4 years now.  I am currently working part time on a online bachelor degree but only less then halfway done.  I am a 5 point vet also.  My question is, I would like to be more competitive for GS-11 jobs.  I have applied for some and have been interviewed for a few but never landed the job.  My question is, will the bachelors degree be the difference maker?  If so it will take at least another 4 years to complete part time.  Should I leave my current job and go at the school thing full time and get it over in 2 years or less?

Thank you for your input and suggestions.   
 
 
Do we really need to kick this around anymore, or do you just wanna say Bu-bye.....
 
 
 
Scotter
Scotter2012-04-07 06:05:13
lookintogoFed  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 10:58:47 PM(UTC)
lookintogoFed

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/4/2012(UTC)
Posts: 102

Very nicely put. This is just more of reason why the Pathways Program is such a good idea. It is apparent that we need more college level intellectual minds in the work force. But according to him with my college degree, I should only be hired at a GS-2 or possibly a 3, but nothing more. Simply because I am not a veteran.Confused


lookintogoFed2012-04-07 07:05:50
coderunner  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 11:40:40 PM(UTC)
coderunner

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/7/2012(UTC)
Posts: 115

Fed1969 wrote:
With so many veterans applying for federal jobs, the key is education and  training.  Just being a veteran may not even get you an interview.  Managers want talented employees.  The more skills you have the better.  Of course you need to interview well an know your stuff.
 
Thank you for your support of Veterans.  This is very Honorable.  This is why Veterans should familiarize themself with the resume books I gave. 

coderunner  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 11:44:59 PM(UTC)
coderunner

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/7/2012(UTC)
Posts: 115


lookintogoFed wrote:
Very nicely put. This is just more of reason why the Pathways Program is such a good idea. It is apparent that we need more college level intellectual minds in the work force. But according to him with my college degree, I should only be hired at a GS-2 or possibly a 3, but nothing more. Simply because I am not a veteran.Confused

 
What do not understand.  FCIP was illegal and harmed Veterans.  PAthways is same under different name.  Why would you or any other non Veteran want to be part of illegal hirring. 
 
Yes I understand I was spelling hirring wrong.  I read Scoter comment and I have already explained more then once that I have not been on this website by my Father has.  My Father is a Honorable Veteran and supported Veterans for more then a year here before trolls like Newgrad run him off.  They will gang up on me like they gang up on hm but Warriors persist. 
 
College means nothing then a piece of paper any more.  To say that just because you have a degree makes you a intellectual is wrong. 

Scotter  
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 12:22:41 AM(UTC)
Scotter

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 852

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
coderunner wrote:
 
Yes I understand I was spelling hirring wrong.  I read Scoter comment and I have already explained more then once that I have not been on this website by my Father has.  My Father is a Honorable Veteran and supported Veterans for more then a year here before trolls like Newgrad run him off.  They will gang up on me like they gang up on hm but Warriors persist. 
 
College means nothing then a piece of paper any more.  To say that just because you have a degree makes you a intellectual is wrong. 
 
So what's with all the lousy spelling now as opposed to the good grammer in Feb when you joined?
 
Give it up dude, you are not a 5 pt vet, you are not a GS-9 with 4 yrs of service, you are not hiring a lawyer to  try to litigate because you applied for an 11 job and got turned down, you know nothing about fed resumes, FCIP, Pathways or if having a bachelors degree makes a difference. 
 
You are a fake, and a phony.  You thrive on pretending to be everything you will never be.
 
So sad.
 
Oh, and before you cry "stop the personal attacks" there will be no need as you are not a real person.
 
If'n you are, you would be able to back up all your claims with FACTUAL information.
 
Scotter
 
martyb  
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 12:36:05 AM(UTC)
martyb

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/3/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,506

LOL...there goes the neighborhood...again....

This place has really gone to the dogs. 

Forum trolls to 0%
Tryno  
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:04:09 AM(UTC)
Tryno

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/11/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,094

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)


Damn it Marty quit insulting dogs !   My dogs have better grammar then codefailure
Beagle1AD  
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:40:15 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 766

martyb wrote:
LOL...there goes the neighborhood...again....


Tell me about it

On one corner we got dumb PhD grads that want a GS-5 position and on the other corner we got wannabe/posers that are honorable vets that want to get highered or maybe just want to get high.
coderunner  
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 5:58:50 AM(UTC)
coderunner

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/7/2012(UTC)
Posts: 115


Scotter wrote:
coderunner wrote:
 
Yes I understand I was spelling hirring wrong.  I read Scoter comment and I have already explained more then once that I have not been on this website by my Father has.  My Father is a Honorable Veteran and supported Veterans for more then a year here before trolls like Newgrad run him off.  They will gang up on me like they gang up on hm but Warriors persist. 
 
College means nothing then a piece of paper any more.  To say that just because you have a degree makes you a intellectual is wrong. 
 
So what's with all the lousy spelling now as opposed to the good grammer in Feb when you joined?
 
Give it up dude, you are not a 5 pt vet, you are not a GS-9 with 4 yrs of service, you are not hiring a lawyer to  try to litigate because you applied for an 11 job and got turned down, you know nothing about fed resumes, FCIP, Pathways or if having a bachelors degree makes a difference. 
 
You are a fake, and a phony.  You thrive on pretending to be everything you will never be.
 
So sad.
 
Oh, and before you cry "stop the personal attacks" there will be no need as you are not a real person.
 
If'n you are, you would be able to back up all your claims with FACTUAL information.
 
Scotter
 
 
I do not have to use spell checker on every post or do I care.  Supporting Veterans and giving Veterans Federal Job help is what I am like my Father before me hear to do.  The attackers like you Scoter and other like you will not run me off.  I am hear to support Veterans getting hirred.   
martyb  
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:56:10 AM(UTC)
martyb

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/3/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,506

My sincerest apology to your dog!  LOL   I'm sure he's brighter that this idiot.
martyb2012-04-07 15:02:51
Forum trolls to 0%
oktoots  
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 9:11:08 AM(UTC)
oktoots

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/17/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,485

A quote from Codejumper "I am hear to support veterans getting hirred".LOLLOL Nobody could be that stupid and still misspell a name, Scotter, as Scoter, when it's right in front of him. Silly troll and vet-hater.
  You need to join Vet4Life/Aurorass/Vettor in the unemployment line. But you must disclose your borderline personality disorder. Oy vey!
multiple identities to 0%
Beagle1AD  
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 9:16:23 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/30/2011(UTC)
Posts: 766

oktoots wrote:
A quote from Codejumper "I am hear to support veterans getting hirred".LOLLOL Nobody could be that stupid and still misspell a name, Scotter, as Scoter, when it's right in front of him. Silly troll and vet-hater.
  You need to join Vet4Life/Aurorass/Vettor in the unemployment line. But you must disclose your borderline personality disorder. Oy vey!
 
Hey be nice to codejumper, he is Vet4Life's son.  I'm guessing his mom must be newgrad.
 
He also followed his father's footstep and is now a certified honorable vet.  He's half way toward getting his basket weaving degree.
oktoots  
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 11:36:17 AM(UTC)
oktoots

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/17/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,485

LOLLOL Basketweaving! Too funny. But am I to understand that his father was a certified honorable vet and he's following in his footsteps? Does that make vet4coderunner certifiable?

In his attempt to make his posts look 2nd grade level, they come off sounding like a Chinese spammer. "You can buy cheap football jersey if honorable veteran", lol.
multiple identities to 0%
FedBound1983  
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 12:12:37 PM(UTC)
FedBound1983

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2010(UTC)
Posts: 166

coderunner how is your dad doing? I was wondering where Vet4Life went but at least now we have his son here.   
Scotter  
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 9:48:14 PM(UTC)
Scotter

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 852

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
coderunner wrote:
Yes I understand I was spelling hirring wrong.  I read Scoter comment and I have already explained more then once that I have not been on this website by my Father has.  My Father is a Honorable Veteran and supported Veterans for more then a year here before trolls like Newgrad run him off.  They will gang up on me like they gang up on hm but Warriors persist. 
 
College means nothing then a piece of paper any more.  To say that just because you have a degree makes you a intellectual is wrong. 
 
 
coderunner wrote:
I do not have to use spell checker on every post or do I care.  Supporting Veterans and giving Veterans Federal Job help is what I am like my Father before me hear to do.  The attackers like you Scoter and other like you will not run me off.  I am hear to support Veterans getting hirred.  
 
It's not about spell checker.  It's about your false vet persona.  A persona the perpetuates the vet hate and jealousy about vet preference.  Your horrible grammar and spelling are an attempt to add validation to posts made that all vets are undereducated and under qualified. 
 
Everybody can see that you are a fake. 
Please, just go away and stop all the hate.
 
Scotter
oldnavysalt  
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 10:39:40 PM(UTC)
oldnavysalt

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/3/2009(UTC)
Posts: 479

Yayyyyyy.....Vet4Life is back under a new name.  I missed that guY (well.....not really)

Health Systems Specialist<br />Veterans Health Administration<br />U.S. Navy/Senior Chief/Retired
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.446 seconds.