Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Truth Move  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:26:29 PM(UTC)
Truth Move

Groups: Registered

Many people are sick and tired of the TSA violating our Constitutional rights.

Time to end the TSA and fight for our Constitution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2omgVBrbF_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWBEX0Fnpc&feature=relmfu

Beagle1AD  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:29:24 PM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

Closed that quick.  Alex Jones talks a brunch of BS.

He's also said zimmerman was 5'2. 

LOL yeah wonder where he gets his info

Truth Move  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:32:14 PM(UTC)
Truth Move

Beagle1AD wrote:
Closed that quick.  Alex Jones talks a brunch of BS.

He's also said zimmerman was 5'2. 

LOL yeah wonder where he gets his info

I don't agree with everything he says, but he raises many valid points that the mainstream media will never touch. The TSA is not Constitutional. The TSA is something you would expect Nazi Germany to role out, not the USA.
Beagle1AD  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:44:53 PM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

Truth Move wrote:

I don't agree with everything he says, but he raises many valid points that the mainstream media will never touch. The TSA is not Constitutional. The TSA is something you would expect Nazi Germany to role out, not the USA.

You know I use to watch Alex Jones quite a bit until I started researching on my own.  It's kind of boring watching him now since I already know most of it is BS.

I'm still looking for those magical fema camps. 
Truth Move  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:49:19 PM(UTC)
Truth Move

Beagle1AD wrote:

Truth Move wrote:

You know I use to watch Alex Jones quite a bit until I started researching on my own.  It's kind of boring watching him now since I already know most of it is BS.

I'm still looking for those magical fema camps. 

I don't know about the FEMA camps specifically, but I do know they had documentation of some contractors working directly with FEMA on some of these camps.
Beagle1AD  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:59:25 PM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

So u wanna work for TSA? 

I applied 4 yrs ago but decline once I heard about their schedule and pay bands.
cpt biggs  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 2:50:06 AM(UTC)
cpt biggs

You have no constitutional rights when you choose to enter the airport security area. You aren't forced to fly, Hereford you voluntarily choose to go through screening. Read the signs next time. They clearly state what I just said.
mrbsf  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 7:22:45 AM(UTC)
mrbsf

cpt biggs wrote:
You have no constitutional rights when you choose to enter the airport security area. You aren't forced to fly, Hereford you voluntarily choose to go through screening. Read the signs next time. They clearly state what I just said.

That's correct cpt biggs.  The U.S. Supreme Court has concluded that TSA security procedures do not violate the fourth amedment.  The reason: when you enter an airport security checkpoint and place your bags on the x-ray conveyor belt you are giving the TSA implied consent to search your bags and/or person for prohibited items.  Up until that moment you are protected by the fourth amendment and can turn around and take a greyhound bus.  Cpt biggs is also right that there are many signs that state once you enter the screening area your person and/or bags are subject to search.

mrbsf2012-04-08 15:28:53
Beagle1AD  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 8:19:25 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

mrbsf wrote:
and can turn around and take a greyhound bus. 

Then you'll be giving implied consent to the security guards at the greyhound bus station. 

So moral of the story buy your own airplane and buy a car.
cpt biggs  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 12:07:29 PM(UTC)
cpt biggs

Beagle1AD wrote:
mrbsf wrote:

Then you'll be giving implied consent to the security guards at the greyhound bus station. 

Bus stations aren't federal jurisdiction, but secure sides of airports are. Hint hint.. TSA's AO. Therefore you must go through security. Same as entering a courtroom and going through the metal detector.
hearth  
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 10:34:01 PM(UTC)
hearth

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

This topic always strikes a raw nerve on me.  I quit flying when they started doing the invasive scans and searches.  It's not that I didn't fly often - I did a lot of flying due to my job, but recently have managed to avoid having to travel to places where I would have to fly.  I've often wondered if the government can REQUIRE a person to fly and therefore be subjected to the invasive procedures.  I would raise holy hell over it as it seems to me that the government can't require a person to subject themselves to such searches as THAT would be unconstitutional, wouldn't it?  I have yet to have that question answered!  My job does require me to travel, but I'm not sure they can force me to give in to such searches and thankfully that has not been tested...yet.  I know I'd end up in jail or some other undesirable situation as I would NOT give in to the scan OR the pat down.  It angers me that Americans are so willing to give in to such procedures when they have not proven to be that successful.  It totally disgusts me.

hearth2012-04-09 06:44:23
cpt biggs  
#12 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 11:05:57 PM(UTC)
cpt biggs

See, an individual such as yourself doesn't see the intelligence TSA gathers daily. Your not in the know, but some of TSA "unproven" procedures have worked and are still working. I hope it disgusted you when those planes flew into the towers. IF YOU WANT TO FLY you will be scanned and pat down. Politics is playing a role in the spreading of bad information. As a FAM, I see intell everyday and he threat is real.
Knight  
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 11:22:24 PM(UTC)
Knight

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Wow, you all need to look at the big picture. If you want to stay at home and never go anywhere you have that right but once you move out in to the real world then the established societal rules apply. When I was a military police officer I had a person refuse to let me search their car as they were attempting to come on base. I told him that if he wanted on, the search had to occur. He used the same faulty logic you do. If you want to fly you have to jump through the hoop first or go home.

And yes the rules are changable. If we as a nation decide to live without the TSA, or any protections, we can but it needs to be decided as a nation and not a handful of malcontents.
Eric  
#14 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 4:51:59 AM(UTC)
Eric

Our air transportation system has been repeatedly hit, time and time again.

We at first tried private security screeners and called on the industry to regulate itself, but that failed.

Then we tried private security screening with the FAA running the regulations, but a phenomenon known as the "Downward Spiral" occurred. In this case, the Downward Spiral occurred when the airports demanded the private security companies be faster at getting people through the airports, the private security companies then not only found ways to break rules without getting caught, but also lobbied any public official they could to relax regulations/enforcement of regulations, and lastly the FAA subsequently caved in to the demands.

One such regulation the FAA wanted to pass in particular that was dismissed due to lobbying was preventing passengers from carrying box cutters as an on board item.

The Downward Spiral will happen again if private security companies take over airport security. The reason why is because private security companies are NOT held liable in the event of a terrorist attack as a rule of law. Thus, there is no real incentive for private security companies to fear letting a terrorist through and all the incentive to once again please airport officials so they get that bid.

So is the TSA unconstitutional? I don't know, I'm not a lawyer. But I do know they are necessary to take care of a very real threat.
cpt biggs  
#15 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 11:20:33 AM(UTC)
cpt biggs

Americans are lazy and forgetful. We want all the benefits with no sacrifice. The same individuals who want TSA axed, will be the same individuals complaining about lack of security when something happens. As a FAM I travel all around the world and I have seen and been through intrusive checkpoints and let me tell you, our security isn't intrusive at all compared with everyone else.
Beagle1AD  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 11:47:06 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

cpt biggs wrote:
Beagle1AD wrote:
mrbsf wrote:

Bus stations aren't federal jurisdiction, but secure sides of airports are. Hint hint.. TSA's AO. Therefore you must go through security. Same as entering a courtroom and going through the metal detector.

Alright so a person won't give implied consent but no one is getting on the bus without getting wanded.  At least not at my station that I use to work at back about 10 years ago.
Truth Move  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 12:01:09 PM(UTC)
Truth Move

cpt biggs wrote:
Americans are lazy and forgetful. We want all the benefits with no sacrifice. The same individuals who want TSA axed, will be the same individuals complaining about lack of security when something happens. As a FAM I travel all around the world and I have seen and been through intrusive checkpoints and let me tell you, our security isn't intrusive at all compared with everyone else.

Boy cpt biggs is really drinking the kool aid. The TSA needs people like this to work for them that really think they are there to "protect" the public, when in reality the TSA is something straight out of Hitler's Nazi Germany playbook. FAMS do nothing. The small percentage of flights you are actually on is like a needle in the haystack trying to actually stop something should it occur. And anyway, if the real powers in charge want another 9/11 type event for more of a power grab, they are going to pull it off to seize more liberties and freedoms of the sheeple American public. Look at the Patriot Act. Hitler had VERY similar legislation come through after attacks by the "communists" (Hitler's fear card for his sheeple at the time).    

Just like Hitler's "war" against communists, the evolving Fascist US government has a war on "terrorists". Same thing, different story. All a power grab aimed at taking away freedom with a Republic that is severely in decline. Do some research on the Reichstag fire. Don't think it can happen here in America?

Start using your brain cpt biggs. Just take a look at history. The corrupt powers at the top in the US are no different.    
Knight  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:58:33 AM(UTC)
Knight

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

But what does that have to do with air travel? I don't think air travel is part of your basic freedoms. Where is it written that you can travel freely about the land and sky without hindrance?

The TSA is there in the open, a known barrier that you do not have to approach or encounter if you do not want to. Before I get spun up about the TSA I would be fighting the US Supreme Court decision that you have to truthfully ID yourself to the police when they stop you with no cause. Or how about random traffic stops/checkpoints for drunk driving deterrence? May I see you papers please. That fits more into your fascist government then the TSA.

cpt biggs  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:50:21 AM(UTC)
cpt biggs

Truth were you in the military are Intel community?
Beagle1AD  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:47:20 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

Truth Move wrote:

Start using your brain cpt biggs. Just take a look at history. The corrupt powers at the top in the US are no different.    

Well "Truth" you better start using your brain instead of sitting behind your computer watching alex jones talk about BS.

So you believe that NATO is incapable of doing anything but yet on the other hand you fear NATO deploying to the US to take away your guns?  Yeah I had to stop watching then since it didn't make any sense.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed