Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GSfed99  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 4:48:04 AM(UTC)
GSfed99

Groups: Registered

So you want to learn how to get a federal job!

1. 1st stop trying it will never happen, okay I take that back it will around 9 months from now
and after you are way past due on your bills :)

2. Join the Service for 4 Years , exit and use the power of Vet Pref

3. Apply and Match the KSA`s, add in a few IT related Certs...then BINGO

Before you know it you will be selected....hehe

Note* All the BA and MA`s dont matter , The Vets Rule !!!!!!!!! go Vetttttttttttt....

smarterguy  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 5:03:39 AM(UTC)
smarterguy

Internet troll.

GSfed99  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 5:06:59 AM(UTC)
GSfed99

Smartguy is a troll!!!!

coderunner  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 5:22:23 AM(UTC)
coderunner

I will ad to what you say that Veterans should attain a copy of Katheryrn Trotmens or Liley Whitemens book that help with Resumes and other hirring issues.  I found this to be the most helpfull out of all the other federal hirring books out.  Resumes. 
oktoots  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 6:07:27 AM(UTC)
oktoots

Codejumper, you still insist on spelling "hired" as hirred? Nobody is that dense, therefore you are a fraud and a phony. You must be getting a good laugh at someone's expense, probably a real veteran who actually wants to get a job in a fair and equitable way that doesn't involve whining and claiming entitlement.

GSfed99 is also a game player. But we have to see what direction he takes his agenda. Wink Especially since he just joined today. Everyone wants to get on the troll bandwagon. Weeeeeeee! 

multiple identities to 0%
Scotter  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 6:59:53 AM(UTC)
Scotter

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I guess since USAF was exposed as a fraud, it needed to reinvent itself as GSfed99.

Scotter
flpanthers1  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 8:07:57 AM(UTC)
flpanthers1

Wow, that's funny. I have a BS, 2 master's in IT related fields, 10 point vet preference as a Navy LT, 30% disabled, VEOA & VRA eligible, and I have been applying for YEARS, and had my FIRST interview a few weeks ago. I am constantly changing my resume, and never hear a thing. So don't listen to a thing this knucklehead says. Jackass.
coderunner  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 9:27:41 AM(UTC)
coderunner

Morale of the story is that we need to be doing more for Veterans.  Ask not what Veterans can do for you but what you can do for Veterans. 

Some simplest things in life come to mind.  If you now a Veteran take the Veteran out to lunch.  If you have already taken the Veteran out to lunch by that Veteran something.  It can be any thing.  My Father once boght a Veteran a house.  If not a house a nice TV or some thing of that kind.  If you have already boght a Veteran something then either find a Veteran a job or a better job or or hirre a Veteran or give that Veteran your job. 

These are every day things we should be doing for are Veterans.  It will make are Great Country a better place. 
martyb  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 9:32:32 AM(UTC)
martyb

The biggest favor you can do for real veterans is to disappear from this forum.  Why don't you go start your own website for fake vet wannabes?  Based on the number of you trolls on here (one total with about 20 ID's) you should be able to have a full forum just by cross-talking with yourself (selves).   Unlike several members here, I'm fairly certain you are ALL one single psychotic individual with absolutely nothing else to do.  In fact, I'd say odds are pretty good that you're confined in a mental institution and therefore have the entire day, every day to make an ass of yourself here.
martyb2012-04-09 17:38:38
Forum trolls to 0%
coderunner  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 9:37:26 AM(UTC)
coderunner

martyb wrote:

The biggest favor you can do for real veterans is to disappear from this forum.  Why don't you go start your own website for fake vet wannabes?  Based on the number of you trolls on here (one total with about 20 ID's) you should be able to have a full forum just by cross-talking with yourself (selves).   Unlike several members here, I'm fairly certain you are ALL one single psychotic individual with absolutely nothing else to do.  In fact, I'd say odds are pretty good that you're confined in a mental institution and therefore have the entire day, every day to make an ass of yourself here.

I think your own to some thing hear my Veteran.  My Great Father was one a member hear who was run off by a troll who called hiself Newgrad.  Newgrad run my Father off but will not run me off.  Veterans must presist. 

Tryno  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 9:46:24 AM(UTC)
Tryno

coderunner wrote:

Morale of the story is that we need to be doing more for Veterans.  Ask not what Veterans can do for you but what you can do for Veterans. 

Some simplest things in life come to mind.  If you now a Veteran take the Veteran out to lunch.  If you have already taken the Veteran out to lunch by that Veteran something.  It can be any thing.  My Father once boght a Veteran a house.  If not a house a nice TV or some thing of that kind.  If you have already boght a Veteran something then either find a Veteran a job or a better job or or hirre a Veteran or give that Veteran your job. 

These are every day things we should be doing for are Veterans.  It will make are Great Country a better place. 
1- Morale of the story is you haven't the foggiest idea what grammar or spelling is.  Mine's not great but ...... you sound worse then white trash. 
2- If you now a Veteran   - know
3-  lunch by that Veteran - buy
4- once boght  - bought
5- If not a house a nice TV - if he doesn't have a house what the hell will he/she do with a tv?
6 - or or hirre - or hire
7- give that Veteran your job - You give him your job first (what I really want to say here is - are you a f$$king idiot.  It takes a real idiot to suggest someone give up their job for someone else. 
8- Your agenda and any points you try to make are lost in your crappy grammar and spelling.
flpanthers1  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 9:51:13 AM(UTC)
flpanthers1

Could not agree more Tryno. I'd never ask anyone to give up a job for me. As a veteran I am not looking for any hand-outs. I would not feel right doing it. Yes, USAJobs and the application process is frustrating, but this is the process. Oh well.

Thanks again for calling out numb-nuts on his terrible grammar/spelling.

Scotter  
#13 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 9:52:12 AM(UTC)
Scotter

coderunner wrote:
I think your own to some thing hear my Veteran.  My Great Father was one a member hear who was run off by a troll who called hiself Newgrad.  Newgrad run my Father off but will not run me off.  Veterans must presist. 

It appears that coderunner wishes to engage in conversation.  Since it only knows how speak "trollese" many of you will not understand.  Fortunately I took some night classes at a CC that offered "trollese". 

Let me see if I can translate:

My name is Coderunner.  I like ice cream. 

Scotter

coderunner  
#14 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 9:58:51 AM(UTC)
coderunner

Scotter wrote:
coderunner wrote:

It appears that coderunner wishes to engage in conversation.  Since it only knows how speak "trollese" many of you will not understand.  Fortunately I took some night classes at a CC that offered "trollese". 

Let me see if I can translate:

My name is Coderunner.  I like ice cream. 

Scotter

You have ingaged in great disgrace.  There is no need to insult of how to spell.  There are no spelling grades here.  Noone is looking at spelling accept for the trolls.  Message and advice is more important.   
Scotter  
#15 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 10:07:08 AM(UTC)
Scotter

coderunner wrote:

You have ingaged in great disgrace.  There is no need to insult of how to spell.  There are no spelling grades here.  Noone is looking at spelling accept for the trolls.  Message and advice is more important.   
What disgrace.  You're no vet.  You wish you were.  How is it you have some much trouble because when you first joined you spelled and spoke sense: 

coderunner wrote:
I have been in my current federal job as a GS-9 for going on 4 years now.  I am currently working part time on a online bachelor degree but only less then halfway done.  I am a 5 point vet also.  My question is, I would like to be more competitive for GS-11 jobs.  I have applied for some and have been interviewed for a few but never landed the job.  My question is, will the bachelors degree be the difference maker?  If so it will take at least another 4 years to complete part time.  Should I leave my current job and go at the school thing full time and get it over in 2 years or less?

Thank you for your input and suggestions.   

How is it that only a couple months later you suddenly have problems with grammer and coincidently right after your alter ego USAF got exposed as a fraud?????.....

Scotter
Scotter2012-04-09 18:14:17
coderunner  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 10:13:03 AM(UTC)
coderunner

Scotter wrote:
coderunner wrote:

What disgrace.  You're no vet.  You wish you were.  How is it you have some much trouble because when you first joined you spelled and spoke sense:

coderunner wrote:
I have been in my current federal job as a GS-9 for going on 4 years now.  I am currently working part time on a online bachelor degree but only less then halfway done.  I am a 5 point vet also.  My question is, I would like to be more competitive for GS-11 jobs.  I have applied for some and have been interviewed for a few but never landed the job.  My question is, will the bachelors degree be the difference maker?  If so it will take at least another 4 years to complete part time.  Should I leave my current job and go at the school thing full time and get it over in 2 years or less?

How is it that only a couple months later you suddenly have problems with grammer and coincidently right after your alter ego USAF got exposed as a fraud?????.....

Scotter

You spelled some wrong.  IT should be sum.  I am not hear to worry about spelling like your.  When I joined I joined at work were there is a spell checker.  I have no spell checker at home or do I care.  You have proved yourself to be another Newgrad troll and I will remian vigilent for my Father. 
Scotter  
#17 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 10:23:04 AM(UTC)
Scotter

coderunner wrote:
Scotter wrote:
coderunner wrote:

coderunner wrote:

Scotter

You spelled some wrong.  IT should be sum.  I am not hear to worry about spelling like your.  When I joined I joined at work were there is a spell checker.  I have no spell checker at home or do I care.  You have proved yourself to be another Newgrad troll and I will remian vigilent for my Father. 
Really, spell check at work?  Now you only post at home, have a computer and no word processing program at home. 

Why all the vet rants now when you didn't do it before when you had "spell checker":

coderunner wrote:
Update-

Thank you for all of the strong advice.  I recently had applied for another GS 11 and was just rejected today.  My experiences and current job duties matched up perfect.  It was almost an exact description match.  I applied for the GS 11 3 days ago.  The announcement closed and then the next day I got a rejection email that said do to the high number of applicants not everyones application was considered.  Is this legal?  I saw wear someone on the VA page had a similar email or on this page.

How can you consider one and not the other.  Something is missing and I would like to get to the bottom of this.  What are the legal options I have?    
http://federalsoup.federaldaily.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42217&KW=&PID=462603&title=question-gs11#462603

coderunner wrote:
What do you have to fall back on?  Do you have any real world experience or have you just gottin by on connections?  Is the military your backup plan or do you have military experience?  Have you been a member of a ROTC program in school?  It sounds to me like your fresh out of college without any real experience on your resume.  I would say to stick with your current SCEP position because you do not sound competitive enough to compete for others. 
http://federalsoup.federaldaily.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42523&KW=&PID=465402&title=dilemma-am-i-taking-too-big-a-risk-as-a-scep#465402

Scotter

coderunner  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 10:27:53 AM(UTC)
coderunner

Scotter wrote:
coderunner wrote:
Scotter wrote:
coderunner wrote:

coderunner wrote:

Scotter

Really, spell check at work?  Now you only post at home, have a computer and no word processing program at home. 

Why all the vet rants now when you didn't do it before when you had "spell checker":

coderunner wrote:
Update-

Thank you for all of the strong advice.  I recently had applied for another GS 11 and was just rejected today.  My experiences and current job duties matched up perfect.  It was almost an exact description match.  I applied for the GS 11 3 days ago.  The announcement closed and then the next day I got a rejection email that said do to the high number of applicants not everyones application was considered.  Is this legal?  I saw wear someone on the VA page had a similar email or on this page.

How can you consider one and not the other.  Something is missing and I would like to get to the bottom of this.  What are the legal options I have?    
http://federalsoup.federaldaily.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42217&KW=&PID=462603&title=question-gs11#462603

coderunner wrote:
What do you have to fall back on?  Do you have any real world experience or have you just gottin by on connections?  Is the military your backup plan or do you have military experience?  Have you been a member of a ROTC program in school?  It sounds to me like your fresh out of college without any real experience on your resume.  I would say to stick with your current SCEP position because you do not sound competitive enough to compete for others. 
http://federalsoup.federaldaily.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42523&KW=&PID=465402&title=dilemma-am-i-taking-too-big-a-risk-as-a-scep#465402

Scotter

My computer is from early with no spell checker.   I could not be more clearer my first posts were at work before a anti Veteran superviser saw me posting on Federal Soup and said I could no more because I was a Veteran.  Now I must post from home with out spell checker. 
YoungFed  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 10:28:23 AM(UTC)
YoungFed

coderrunner,

You sound to me like a bitter troll.  It sounds like you are upset because you don’t
have what it takes to make it in society. 
I’m guessing that you feel that something is owed to you for whatever
reason, and that in order to make yourself feel better you have to make other
people look inferior to you.   You’re not
really fooling anybody with your antics and your pointless mission for a cause that nobody understands.

My advice to you is to pack your bags and focus your energy
in another direction.  This is a forum
for civilized folks to learn and grow together, and you are hindering this
process by constantly making up names to come around and troll.  If you focused your energy more on getting a
job rather than wasting your time acting like a degenerate you would be surprised at what you could actually accomplish. 

So go fourth young child and do great things.  Just don’t forget to wipe after your done spitting crap all over the place.

coderunner  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 09, 2012 10:31:20 AM(UTC)
coderunner

YoungFed wrote:
coderrunner,

You sound to me like a bitter troll.  It sounds like you are upset because you don’t
have what it takes to make it in society. 
I’m guessing that you feel that something is owed to you for whatever
reason, and that in order to make yourself feel better you have to make other
people look inferior to you.   You’re not
really fooling anybody with your antics and your pointless mission for a cause that nobody understands.

My advice to you is to pack your bags and focus your energy
in another direction.  This is a forum
for civilized folks to learn and grow together, and you are hindering this
process by constantly making up names to come around and troll.  If you focused your energy more on getting a
job rather than wasting your time acting like a degenerate you would be surprised at what you could actually accomplish. 

So go fourth young child and do great things.  Just don’t forget to wipe after your done spitting crap all over the place.

Another Newgrad troll attack.  I am hear to offer advice and support.  You Newgrad are hear to troll and attack against Veterans.  There is no Honorability in that. 
Rss Feed  Atom Feed