Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SkooterMcGaven  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:42:08 AM(UTC)
SkooterMcGaven

Groups: Registered

I didn't find much on the topic so hopefully I'm not re-posting something (I did previously post this in the VA forum) that was talked about before but has anyone had any success with the "Location Negotiable After Selection" positions, I'm currently a GS-11 trying to get back to a GS-12 after getting BRACed? I keep getting forwarded to the selecting official for a bunch of them but haven't heard anything back besides one disposition letter saying I didn't get it. Since its a job that could be located anywhere in the country I was wondering how many people actually get forwarded to the selecting official, I heard upwards of a couple thousand people actually apply so I have no idea where that number goes after the forwarded to the selecting official part is determined. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
YoungFed  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:15:10 AM(UTC)
YoungFed

I recived one but that was four months ago...  I don't think they're going to call anytime soon...
SkooterMcGaven  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:37:57 PM(UTC)
SkooterMcGaven

I've heard people here where I work say they've gotten a call after 9 months, it is a very frustrating process
Rss Feed  Atom Feed