Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kcnjamie  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:11:57 AM(UTC)
kcnjamie

Groups: Registered

Has this happened to anyone?

I applied for a vacancy to the Forest Service through Avue Central and selected Ketchikan, AK as my location of choice. I even recertified my application when I resubmitted it and specifically remember selecting Ketchikan, AK. I was just referred for the vacancy. Yay! BUT as it turns out I am on the referral list for Portland, OR. I double checked my application and sure enough, the location it says I selected is Portland, OR.

Well, I contacted the POC on the announcement and I was told that it was too late. But the POC also mentioned that they had already been contacted by other applicants asking the same question as me with I'm assuming the same issue.

I know I could have definitely made a mistake but I do remember selecting the correct location. Also, I was put on a referral list for another location that is not on my application. The POC seemed to imply that the referral list was generated based on location on application. So why was I on the referral list for a location not on my application? What's going on!

I am very excited about being on any referral list but my intent was to apply for a location I actually live in.

So has this happened to anyone else before?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed