Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Air Reserve Technicians

Air reserve technicians, commonly referred to as ARTs, are a nucleus of managers, planners and trainers who have knowledge and expertise to smooth Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) units' transition from a peacetime to a wartime environment. They provide management continuity, equipment maintenance and training support to help keep their units combat ready.

Air reserve technicians carry dual status, working as full-time civil service employees for the Air Force and as military members in the same AFRC units where they work as civilians and performing the same job. A civil servant or public servant is a civilian career public sector employee working for a government department or agency. In their civilian role, air reserve technicians provide full-time support throughout the month for their units. In the AFRC, air reserve technicians participate with other reservists on weekends and annual active-duty tours.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scubasteve  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:46:44 AM(UTC)
scubasteve

Groups: Registered

I was just told that I am non-bargaining..... Im not a supervisor. Will I be wearing a uniform soon?

Also who protects you when your non bargaining. Is it easier to fire someone when they are non-bargaining?
B47  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:39:53 AM(UTC)
B47

You are an ART and you probably will be wearing an uniform soon.

Who protects you? Good question - your union didn't have any luck in their battle about you not having to wear the uniform while in civilian status.

Look up my definition of what an ART is - I am tired of repeating it.
1OldART  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:19:29 PM(UTC)
1OldART

Scuba, don't take their word for it. Check your SF50 Block 37. The code there tells you whether you are or not. Civ Personell can tell you what the code is. If you are not a supervisor or manager, you are covered by the Bargaining Unit Agreement whether you are a union member or not. Who told you that you are non-bargaining??
tigman46  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 9:23:25 PM(UTC)
tigman46

your still a WG? i thought ALL WG's were bargaining??  so are you what they call here a small shop chief then?? here in a few of the small shops were their not big enough for a WS, they put a WG-11 in charge of say WG-10's.
i have talked to my union rep about this practice and since it doesn't effect me theirs nothing i can do??  that person in that one step above the others would have to... they should really be at least WL's

shambles  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 10:10:29 PM(UTC)
shambles

That is what they did in our shop.  They add two WG-11 spots that are supervisors 25% of the time.  Well according to their PD's.  When we came out of uniform, those two individuals were told they still had to wear theirs.
Clamper  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:19:07 AM(UTC)
Clamper

Not all WG's are Bargaining.  There are certian areas such as Intel and Reconnaissance that were lumped in with Air Traffic Controllers.  President Regan signed an executive order that still stands today.  All our MX folks had to switch when we changed our mission to reconnaissance.  Do check your SF 50 to make sure there was a change.
daddygo1  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:59:25 AM(UTC)
daddygo1

1OldART wrote:

Scuba, don't take their word for it. Check your SF50 Block 37. The code there tells you whether you are or not. Civ Personell can tell you what the code is. If you are not a supervisor or manager, you are covered by the Bargaining Unit Agreement whether you are a union member or not. Who told you that you are non-bargaining??
Hey this is off topic. I havent been aroud duke for awhile. Just wanted to know what kind of ac are they going to inherit when they get rid of the talons.
martyb  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:57:52 AM(UTC)
martyb

daddygo1, This is also off topic...sorry...there's a DCMA vacancy (Quality Assurance) currently open for Crestview area.  I haven't been there in a lonnnnngggg time...is it still a pretty decent place to live?

Forum trolls to 0%
daddygo1  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:44:43 AM(UTC)
daddygo1

martyb wrote:
daddygo1, This is also off topic...sorry...there's a DCMA vacancy (Quality Assurance) currently open for Crestview area.  I haven't been there in a lonnnnngggg time...is it still a pretty decent place to live?

Marty as far as I am concerened this a great place to live. taxes are low as compared to other places I haved lived.  I havent checked the price of housing lately but the prices are slowly increasing My
houseaccording to zillow dropped about 25% in value But has been going up about $4000 in the last 6 months. Traffic is bad for us but probably not bad for anybody else. the schools in okaloosa county are rated fairly high in the state. Nightlife is good if you like that. The opening at DCMA is probably at L-3
communications.  If you need further info just let me know Jim

1OldART  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 10:05:00 AM(UTC)
1OldART

@Daddygo, this is from the Crestview News Bulletin:

The 711 Squadron will change from an MC-130E Combat Talon I multi-role Special Operations Forces mission to a light, twin engine, fixed wing aircraft to be used in the Combat Aviation Advisory and Aviation Foreign Internal Defense (CAA/AvFID) mission

MQ-1's are also moving from Nevada to Hurlburt

@MartyB Cestview is a small town with a lot of traffic due to the limited roadways. If the job is at L3 at the airport and East of Cview, then there are houses Eastward all the way to Defuniak Springs. Google maps will give you a good idea of the area.

martyb  
#11 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 9:40:03 PM(UTC)
martyb

Thanks guys...it was just something I was kicking around.  I like the FL panhandle area.  Not sure if I'll put in for it, it would only be a lateral, not any kind of a pay raise and I don't think it comes with a paid move.  I liked the Crestview area when I visited waaay back...Do either of you guys know Frank Milstead?
martyb2012-04-21 05:45:34
Forum trolls to 0%
geo8909  
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:01:25 AM(UTC)
geo8909

When you are non-bargaining, you protect yourself (ha!) and are free to get an attorney if you so choose.   The AF has the agency grievnace procedure which stops at the vice wing commander, there is no third party process.    I am AF HR,non-bargaining of course, and I call it "The Fox Guarding the Henhouse Grievance Procedure."  

We have some small shop chiefs and as long as they supervise even one bargaining unit employee they are non-bargaining.       

1OldART  
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:36:47 AM(UTC)
1OldART

@MartyB, Didn't Frank work in Munitions and have a grey 4X4 Ford in the 70's? I'ts been a while so I'm not sure if he's the same guy (senior moments)  I moved from Cview in 1988, it was getting too busy for me, I moved to Defuniak and the drive time wasn't that much more. Especially after we moved some people to Eglin for an "associate" unit.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed