Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Finally_Federal  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:02:08 AM(UTC)
Finally_Federal

Groups: Registered

Hello All!

Hopefully this is being posted in the correct forum...

When there are KSAs (with multiple choice answers instead of the boxes to explain your answers/experience) and the KSAs are asking something specific, if you have performed the same duties but in a different field/capacity is it considered a lie if you choose the answer that closely describes your experience even if it is not the exact same experience?

For example, I have gathered information from a variety of sources, evaluating its relevance and impact, drawing appropriate conclusions and recommending programs (and other benefits but not health), however it was nothing to do with FOIA or Privacy Act or immigration at all.

Select the statement that best describes your experience gathering and analyzing facts and drawing conclusions to devise practical solutions to problems.  
A  I have experience gathering information from a variety of sources, evaluating its relevance and impact, drawing appropriate conclusions, and recommending benefits in accordance with immigration laws, the Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act.B  I have experience that involved sorting through detailed information, evaluating relevance and impact, and drawing appropriate conclusions on any matter.C  I have experience reviewing and evaluating information and drawing conclusions on a screen-in and screen-out basis.D  I have general experience that involved gathering information from a limited number of sources, and higher-level personnel conducted the analysis.E  I have little or no experience of where to research and gather information, and higher level personnel provide various sources.

Not sure if I explained myself well enough for anyone to answer but hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to ask. 

Thanks for your answers!

Beagle1AD  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:21:45 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

Groups: Registered

Obviously you won't be able to select A.  That would be a lie
Rss Feed  Atom Feed