Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
konstelas  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:49:50 AM(UTC)
konstelas

Groups: Registered

I was contacted by someone from DHS if I am still interested in the job I applied early in january.  It is direct hire type of appointment.  I said yes and asked when the next step of selection process.  She says she cant say anything.  She only mentioned that personnel should contact me.  What does that mean? How long do I wait for personnel to contact me?
konstelas2012-04-11 20:31:36
Beagle1AD  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:53:55 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

Well must have been a supervisor that contacted you.  They didn't tell you anything because offically you will hear from HR.

Just continue on applying to other jobs and when/if HR contact you then provide them what they need.

konstelas  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:24:33 PM(UTC)
konstelas

What I think weird about this whole process is that usually HR will contact and arrange an interview with selecting officials.  At least, this has been my experience with DOJ or some other departments. 
However, this is slightly different.   I googled the person who contacted me and the person is an admin support.  She said that no decision has been made and called me to confirm if I am still interested in being considered for the job.  When I asked about interview, she wouldnt even say if there is an interview or not.  She just informed that HR should be in touch with me. 

Federal HR confuses me and makes me overanalyze stuffs.  Her words make me wondering and I dont wanna get my hopes up. 

Any thought what would happen next? 

crystal129  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:18:07 PM(UTC)
crystal129

I got the same call regarding a Management and Program Analyst position with Customs and Border Patrol.  I called the lady back two months after the call and she said she was just helping out HR andshe didnt have anymore info then that.  I never heard anything else so I just put it out of my mind. 
Rss Feed  Atom Feed