Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cinnamoncau  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:01:09 PM(UTC)
cinnamoncau

Groups: Registered

Has anyone received a NOR for announcment CIS-PJN-626918-NYC?

MT Joiner  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:22:19 PM(UTC)
MT Joiner

cinnamoncau wrote:
Has anyone received a NOR for announcment CIS-PJN-626918-NYC?

I scored a 98 and didn't get referred.  Said something like due to the high number of preference vets that applied your score was not referred at this time.  Gotta love vet preference! 
Eric  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:51:03 PM(UTC)
Eric

I really don't mind veterans pref to be honest. I couldn't serve in the military due to a minor health condition, but I'd rather lose out to a job because another person is a vet than lose out because of favoritism, or my gender or race.
cinnamoncau  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 12:10:43 AM(UTC)
cinnamoncau

I have yet to get rated yet? I am a merit promotion candidate, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for your response
PinkIO  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:38:35 AM(UTC)
PinkIO

I scored a 98 and got referred for grade 5,6 and 7... I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, but honestly being referred doesn't excite me anymore.
jeanette24  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:40:20 AM(UTC)
jeanette24

I just received my NOR today. States the usual: 'you will recieve an email notification in the future only if you are referred to selecting official...' ...does anyone have a guess to how long that could be? 
PinkIO  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:47:16 AM(UTC)
PinkIO

I received all 4 emails back to back (NOR + 3 referral notices), they literally were sent 1 minute apart...

phillyva  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:55:02 PM(UTC)
phillyva

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
cinnamoncau being a promotion candidate has no bearing on the results or selection if it is a public announcement....Good luck
cinnamoncau  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:19:24 AM(UTC)
cinnamoncau

Phillyva, I know that i was simply stating what my situation was, and it really didn't warrant the response you gave me. Thank you
phillyva  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:15:58 AM(UTC)
phillyva

Cinnamoncau, let's act like an adult this is a public forum and if you don't want a response don't post on this forum....Thank you and by the way your situation is really not a situation their a many federal employees who post on here and don't post that fact they are simply looking for help in locating another federal job and weeding out the competition. The attitude is not needed I can't help the fact that you can't find another job other then the IRS so please don't take your frustration out on me and good luck anyway and remember if you don't want a response don't post and don't try to make yourself seem any better then anyone else merit promotion status means nothing if you are competing against other candidates and it is a public announcement.......
cinnamoncau  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:31:16 PM(UTC)
cinnamoncau

Yes, lets act like adults, and you came at me with the attitude first, your post had nothing to do with my original question or the flow of the conversation. GO BACK TO YOUR POST Mister KNOWITALL, if you can't write in a sensible and professional manner. BOUNCE!STOP STALKING ME, you have nothing better to do than know or memorize everyone's employment situation from every post qualifies you as such. I have no frustrations with my employment situation, the IRS is an excellent employer and plenty of people would love to have my JOB or be in my shoes so I AM GRATEFUL. Just because I wanna explore other opportunities, doesn't mean I'm "frustrated" that must be you, but LET ME BE VERY CLEAR YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR ME. From now, do not respond to any of my posts, and just keep it moving. PERIOD!
phillyva  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:23:26 PM(UTC)
phillyva

Grow up, I was responding to a post and yes if their are people on here who stand out with the fact of their posts being extremely overbearing they will stick in my mind.  But you did because you interviewed at one place work and I'm so glad they didn't hire you.  Like I said if you don't want a response then don't post on this forum and if you don't like the responsing you get then too bad.  Many of your post you seem to throw out their i'm a federal employee but what you fail to point out is that more then likely you are a seasonal or temp federal employee being a federal employee doesn't make your chances any better then anyone else I should know and the next time you put some stalking nonsense up their I'm going to report you to the moderators of this site that is rude and not true....Grow up I hope in each and every interview you have they see the real you and run the other way.......I can see it just by being on this forum and it ain't pretty and with your high and mighy attitude that would be a problem for a supervisor.
cinnamoncau  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:02:47 PM(UTC)
cinnamoncau

First of all, Im going to to ignore you on this site after this post, and the fact you are going to report me is completely ridiculous. I have a right to defend myself if I don't like your comments. And your comment about me not getting a job shows your true character. By the way, you are no one's HR rep, and never well be, that is why you spent all day and night on this site, grow up and get a REAL hobby. This is only way you think you can get RESPECT from someone, because simply you are IGNORED, DISRESPECTED, and UNVALIDATED in REAL LIFE. Goodbye and God Bless
admin  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:23:11 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Thanks again for your participation in our forum. We take alerts of abusive members very seriously, and walk a fine line between censorship and open opinion forums. However, if further off-topic and abusive posts occur, this post and possibly the entire thread will be deleted. We want your interaction but require respect of other members and topics. Thank you.
pl418  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:38:00 AM(UTC)
pl418

I thought I might tentatively bump this post...

Has anyone heard anything new from the New York City positions (CIS-PJN-626918-NYC)?

I received my NOR on 4/17/12 and scored a 98 for both GS-05/06. I was
referred the next day on 4/18/2012. I have heard nothing since. I was
wondering if anyone knew anything regarding this vacancy? It stated there were "many vacancy(s)". I'm wondering if it is always this slow.

Thanks for your help!

pl4182012-05-14 15:28:38
PinkIO  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:55:08 AM(UTC)
PinkIO

I received an email yesterday requesting me to come in for an interview tommorow.
pl418  
#17 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
pl418

That's wonderful! I hope your interview goes well! I'm wondering if I will hear anything now...I'll let you all know if I do.
PinkIO  
#18 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 4:46:49 AM(UTC)
PinkIO

Thanks pl418, I think it went well. Once it finally started ... My interview was @ 11, I arrived about 10:45 but didn't get seen until about 11:45. I felt like I was one of the applicants applying for benefits lol. The staff was kinda rude, they didn't even acknowledge me when I came to the window. I stood there for like 5min before someone asked me what I was there for, mind you someone was standing behind the glass the whole time but just didn't look up at me. There was also another person there waiting to be interviewed, her interview was supposed to be at 10:30. Two more interviewees came while I was waiting to be seen...

But overall I think the interview went well, I was interviewed by 2 people. One was a supervisor, not sure what the other persons title. They said they're looking to hire about 15 people..
pl418  
#19 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 5:08:05 AM(UTC)
pl418

Pink, I'm so sorry you had to wait so long! Sounds like it is a very busy office. Despite the delay, I'm happy things went well otherwise for you. I still have no request for an interview so I'm kind of bummed. I am hopeful that you said they are hiring 15. I doubt they interviewed that many in one day. Did they give you any indication of how long it would take to hear back or how long they would be interviewing candidates? Did they give you a selection of times to schedule the interview? Maybe they are scheduling a handful at a time? Otherwise maybe I didn't make the cut even though I was referred.

I really wish you the best! I hope this position works out for you minus the inattentive staff you came into contact with!

pl4182012-05-11 13:14:39
PinkIO  
#20 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 7:35:09 AM(UTC)
PinkIO

Thanks again, this is actually my 2nd time interviewing for this position. Different office though, so hoppefully I hear back from this one... I didnt mind the wait, I got a chance to see how they work in that officeSmile. They said we should hear something in 30-60 days (which probably means 60-120 days in government time lol). I didnt ask how long they were interviewing for, but my interviewer had about 6-7 folders with her so im assuming those were files for all the people they were interviewing today.

No, no selection time. The email was straight forward, " you've been selected to interview for the isa position on 5/11 @ 11" basically. It was very short notice too. So maybe they'll send out emails next week for next bacth of interviews.... One of my old coworkers had an interview there today to, we both used to work for USCIS at a call center 2 yrs ago (term position). Maybe we were in the 1st round of interviews because of that.. So keep your fingers crossed
Rss Feed  Atom Feed