Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VA (Department of Veterans Affairs)

The United States has the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans of any nation in the world. This benefits system traces its roots back to 1636, when the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony were at war with the Pequot Indians. The Pilgrims passed a law which stated that disabled soldiers would be supported by the colony. The establishment of the Veterans Administration came in 1930 when Congress authorized the President to "consolidate and coordinate Government activities affecting war veterans." (Source: www4.va.gov/about_va/vahistory.asp)

This forum also includes the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

Perhaps you are working for the VA or interested in working for the VA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the VA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
girlnamedboxcar  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:57:23 PM(UTC)
girlnamedboxcar

Groups: Registered

Hi all.  I need help; my head's spinning. Dead

In doing some research and reading, I am consistently finding that temporary WG employees are eligible for WGIs.  However, I'm not finding anything specifically stating this. I keep getting sent to 5 CFR 531, Subpart D, but that is not specifically telling me anything.  Could someone link me or point me in the right direction to find this information specifically granting me ability to give a WGI?

Thanks, all!

pissfir  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 5:00:50 AM(UTC)
pissfir

I'm sorry, I don't know about your agency.  My agency (USDA Forest Service) gives WGIs to temporary employees.  Hope this helps some.

krcnphilly  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 10:31:30 PM(UTC)
krcnphilly

I'm a terminated VA employee who had filed, along with another VA Veteran-employee who was also terminated, a collective action lawsuit in the Eastern District of PA a lawsuit challenging the "National Performance Standards." The lawsuit is based upon violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act and having to work unpaid through lunch and after regular workday in order to meet the National Performance Standards. If you're one of these current or former VA employees, please call Stephen S. Pennington, Esq. at 215/564.2363 to sign-up for the lawsuit. 
Cianhydle  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:02:58 PM(UTC)
Cianhydle

Performance standards are a headache all the way around.
girlnamedboxcar  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 2:14:33 AM(UTC)
girlnamedboxcar

To pissfir: We do too, I work at the VA, but do you know why you do? Do you have any regs or guidance on that? girlnamedboxcar2012-04-16 10:20:53
pissfir  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 2:57:18 AM(UTC)
pissfir

girlnamedboxcar wrote:
To pissfir: We do too, I work at the VA, but do you know why you do? Do you have any regs or guidance on that?

No, I'm sorry, I do not.  I looked at the OPM site and only found the regs for GS.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed