Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrbreeze  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:17:51 PM(UTC)
mrbreeze

Groups: Registered

3 Clerk NTFT bid jobs were posted at our station with 36 hours each. 2 jobs not bad, Sundays off, still 6 days a week. Third job was close every saturday, work sundays,every day different start time. Not desireabale to me as I was the junior bidder.,,so I did not bid. The other two clerks bidded on those two jobs with Sundays off. They started in Feb. After almost two months, I was assigned that third job. Received my Form 50 in the mail last week...stating Im assigned the new postition...and Im to receive 40 hours a week! The supv checked the pay /finance (Taccs?) and that system has me at 40 hours. So, they are giving me LWOP past two weeks...to make up the 40, though working me in a 36 hours job slot.
  Ive never heard or seen such a thing! They till me its "a mistake" that has to be cleared up. Meanwhile putting LWOP on my pay. Im thinking because I DID NOT BID on a job...and forced into the postion has something to do with it. (?)
Data Collector  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:51:56 AM(UTC)
Data Collector

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Were you an FTR clerk as of May 23, 2011?  If so, then you CANNOT be involuntarily reassigned to a position of less than 40 hours per week.  Of course they can still eliminate your bid assignment and leave you as an unassigned regular, which might be what has happened in your case...but that doesn't mean that you're obliged to take LWOP.  You're still guaranteed 40 hours of work, and 40 hours of pay.Data Collector2012-04-15 12:57:41
postalvet  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 5:17:13 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)

and if like data says you were full time the post office owes you for all the LWOP they gave you.

page 311

http://www.apwu.org/dept/ind-rel/sc/APWU%20Contract%202010-2015.pdf

Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
penelope1440  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:04:54 AM(UTC)
penelope1440

You need to check this out because every time you go over 80 hours lwop you lose what you earn in a pay period of AL.  If you earn 8 hours, when you go over 80 you lose 8 hours of al.  You also lose 4 hours sl.  It becomes a complicated mess if you should need FMLA or have an emergency and need a lot of lwop because if you go over 6 months lwop in a year, you lose credit for that year in retirement.  In other words you don't want any lwop on your record that you don't use.
mrbreeze  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:54:35 PM(UTC)
mrbreeze

I was a PTF before May 2011. We were converted to NTFT in Aug 2011. The new "regular" is 36 hours, according to your bid jobs.....but my form 50 says 40. How could they make that big of error?...or Im thinking they made my job a 40 hour? But Im still getting 36 with 4 hours LWOP.
postalvet  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 1:12:56 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)

mrbreeze wrote:

I was a PTF before May 2011. We were converted to NTFT in Aug 2011. The new "regular" is 36 hours, according to your bid jobs.....but my form 50 says 40. How could they make that big of error?...or Im thinking they made my job a 40 hour? But Im still getting 36 with 4 hours LWOP.

did you file a grievance?

Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed