Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Air Reserve Technicians

Air reserve technicians, commonly referred to as ARTs, are a nucleus of managers, planners and trainers who have knowledge and expertise to smooth Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) units' transition from a peacetime to a wartime environment. They provide management continuity, equipment maintenance and training support to help keep their units combat ready.

Air reserve technicians carry dual status, working as full-time civil service employees for the Air Force and as military members in the same AFRC units where they work as civilians and performing the same job. A civil servant or public servant is a civilian career public sector employee working for a government department or agency. In their civilian role, air reserve technicians provide full-time support throughout the month for their units. In the AFRC, air reserve technicians participate with other reservists on weekends and annual active-duty tours.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
littleguy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:18:26 PM(UTC)
littleguy

Groups: Registered

hi all, i've been a lurker on here for a few months following discussions and what not..
anyway, i had a question that (unfortunately due to how we're treated by management) i can't ask within the unit.
i was wondering if an ART can be on "no pay no points"? SWIM was told that they need to get their 2813 done by the next UTA or they'd be on no pay no points status.

thanks,
lg

Milgl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:13:07 PM(UTC)
Milgl

"No pay no points" is a tricky thing. For failing to comply with dental and medical requirements, the mMed group can establish this on anyone without CC approval. Now for injuries, the med group can put you no pay no points, but your CC is the final say in this as he will assume responsibility for the situation. Here is an example. You sprain your ankle which requires the use of crutches. The med people will profile and deem you no pay no points and forward the docs to your unit. Your CC can either agree of not. If he allows you to play, he resume all responsibilities for you. If you fall while on crutches and now break your ankle, you are brought to Unit funded RPA's and i'm sure he will have some answering to do. Hope this helps out
lucabrasi  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:26:18 AM(UTC)
lucabrasi

Dental Class 4 typically means no pay no points until you see a military dentist. In some cases, you can come in on a RUTA or EQT period during the week and hit up the AD clinic for an exam, or you'll have to see one the first period of a UTA where a reserve dentist is available.

And to answer your question, yes an ART can be placed in no pay no points for dental or a myriad of medical situations, just like a T/R. I have an ART whose been no pay no points off and on for 5 years, and hasn't done a full UTA in 2 years. (He's just about at that point where he's going to have to go.)
littleguy  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 12:26:09 PM(UTC)
littleguy

thank you both for your answers. i wasn't sure if an ART could be placed on npnp and still keep his ART job. a supervisor told him that if he was on npnp for 30 days, he'd lose his ART job since he wasn't maintaining his reserve part of the "agreement" (must be reservist to be an ART).

thank you,
lg

Milgl  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 7:23:09 PM(UTC)
Milgl

What can you say, there are bad Supervisors out there that lie to try to enforce the BS.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed