Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NSPS - National Security Personnel System

NSPS is the Department of Defense's (DoD) flexible and responsive civilian management system that: (1) values performance and contribution, (2) encourages communication, (3) supports broader skill development, and (4) promotes excellence in the workplace

NSPS modernizes a 50-year-old civil service system, allowing DoD to better attract, recruit, retain, compensate, reward and manage employees. The system focuses on people, performance, and employment decisions that are cost-effective and best for business practice.

(source: Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service)

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
will dieterich  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:46:10 PM(UTC)
Attempt2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I am trying to file a grievance that the NSPS to GS regulations were not followed when they converted me to GS.  This was filed with AFPC and they denied that regulations were not followed during the conversion.  I then filed with OPM and was told that this was not their responsibility and that I needed to file a grievance against my base HR.
I finally got that reply back saying that they are just middle men to AFPC and that I needed to file there.

So does anyone know where I need to file now.  That the regulations were not followed should provide me with some method of getting it corrected. 
Greg  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 2:23:00 AM(UTC)
deployed decoy

I am working with DoFD IG. Air Force has paid some people, some money. In one case it was 50% what they would have otherwise earned with no interest. In 2 other cases is was full back pay - depends on the CPAC I guess. I asked the IG to determin if AF violated any lway, directive or DoD policy. I assume AF is smart enough to read the CFR and followed some law. That then by default places Army and DoD in violation of the same laws... I also am working with DoD james.davey@cpms.osd.mil the branch chief that as this mess under the 'acting' SES chief of branch Ms Sheila Dent who reports to http://prhome.defense.gov/ Hon. Erin C. Conaton
Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. I am finished playing nice on this... I was told by david.w.frodsham.civ@mail.mil (GS15 at NETCOM G1) that his office had the formaer CG of NETCOM sign a formal Memo asking DA to pay us all. Dave said he spoke to the DA official and that his interpertion is that DA gets it and is on board with paying us all. I suggest you spam all these fools and make waves... The ONLY way this is ever going to get corrected... I am also asking DIDIG hotline@dodig.mil to order liquidated (double) damages if DoD is found as wilful in this resolve...
GP
Mary Kaiser  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:56:42 AM(UTC)
militarybrat

Attemp2, what regulations did they not follow? I don't need a book, just some general information. Was it the grade they converted you back to or some other issues?
will dieterich  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:41:49 PM(UTC)
Attempt2

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
What I am tring to file a grievance about is that according to the NSPS to GS rules they were suppose to provide me with a copy of my PD at the time of conversion.  This was never done what was given to me is a PD that had duties similar to my job attached to another PD for duties of another person in the office; so far no one is sure where the various parts came from.

I am upset about the length of time it has been taking to get a valid PD so I figured lets go and file a grievance about a seperate problem.  Yes at the core they are similar to me trying to get a valid PD but I see this a cheap run around to another set of people.
Greg  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:09:57 AM(UTC)
deployed decoy

Well as of today I am still waiting on DoD to answer Sebator Akaka who ordered NSPS killed years ago... you could call Davey, James M., , CPMS Civ (james.davey@cpms.osd.mil) (571) 372-1695, Chief, Pay Branch, Compensation Division, Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service (DCPAS) and ask him... He is writing Ver 4.somthing for the reply to the senator. I suggested he dont write something that contridicts NETCOM and Army formal positions that we all get paid retroactve to when we converted out. and CFR section 530.322 that directed the FULL special rate pay in our cases added in addition to final NSPSsalary (as in no $6000 deduction/reduction in pay first). If DoD Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness gets it wrong in that reply. I am all for filing a federal wide class action naming the SECDEF. That will get the cheats attention in the former DOD NSPS office and I hope on the hook to fund the interest and wilful damages out of FY13 operating funds... Forget MSPB. My case set DoD wide presidance based on a very tight read of "basic pay" and was tossed out of court. The judge did tell me the minute I retirfe I have a MSPB case to bring against DoD for the same issue. I retire in 60 days. MSPB would not even look at the CFR because my pay did go up, well AFTER the final NSPS pay was REDUCED $6,000 first, that surly did NOT happen to Locality Pay CONUS based feds...My  Skype (360) 450-5796 is better for me on voice mail, when we go class action I need about 100 names to add to the case..
Rss Feed  Atom Feed