Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevinbagw  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 9:47:25 AM(UTC)
kevinbagw

Groups: Registered

Hi I'm needing the address to file a formal complaint on OWCP.  I have requested by phone too many times to have bills corrected.  What I've done:
1. Resigned my job due to pain then 60 days later found out the doctors hadn't told me I had gas gangrene in the hospital which caused nerve damage in both legs and back.
2. Filed CA-7 60 days after I resigned due to pain
3. Was approved for new injury due to surgery and on the form letter they put mine and another individuals name and case number on form.
4. Requested pay for 6 months and they sent a schedule of what my pay would be but wanted another CA-7.
5. Sent new CA-7 which they automatically denied and stated I was deemed disabled before I filed!
6. during all calls I have stated I had a catheter injury but they never have added it even with evidence from hospital and two doctors!
7. Bill payments.  They still haven't paid bill from 2011 even though they stated ACS should have paid!
8. 2 letters requesting all the above with one going to my OWCP regional director.

This all began after a failed spine surgery but without knowledge of the infection I went back to work in 60 days still in tremendous pain.
Yes I was approved for social security disability and FERS disability(not even $600).  That's how long I've tried to work with them.  Is there a time limit on "schedule awards"?  I've tried to find a form or an office for formal complaints but OWCP site keeps giving me the longshoreman site.  Thanks for any help!  

kevinbagw  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:09:02 AM(UTC)
kevinbagw

By the way I did request my congressperson to help me with two things:
1. Spinal implant!  Had been turned down 3 times until they helped and was approved in 24 hours.
2. Pay!  Their office said they had never worked on pay problems and did not help.

Snowed  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:34:21 AM(UTC)
Snowed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
First, always follow up a phone complaint with written correspondence so you have a record in your file.  The failed surgery should have been a consequential add on to the old claim.  Did you file a totally NEW claim?

You seem to have some complications that may need professional review.  I would think about hiring a paid advocate or an attorney to go over your file.
March for Justice!
kevinbagw  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:49:01 AM(UTC)
kevinbagw

Thank you for responding Snowed! 

I've made around 30 calls including to Washington D.C. where they asked me if I would like to file at that time.  Why!  CA-7 filed Aug. 2010! I asked them to read the original decision where it stated accepted the new injury under old CA-1 and also stated to send in CA-7 for time lost from date of surgery to present "which I had".  Washington office agreed it was poorly written decision but it did state I should receive pay. The decision has my case number and address and also another comp cases client.  The individual who wrote the decision is actually their most qualified case manager.

So I called so many times it is unbelievable asking about pay and finally requested a supervisor.  Instead a different claims examiner talked to me ans said she would send me a letter showing my pay rate which she did.  However she asked me to send another CA-7.  That opened up another investigation which they stated I was disabled before retirement.  However SSI judge ruled my retirement started last day of work! I sent that to them also.

I sent in a second letter addressed to the Director of Dallas 16 and it will be 90 days since by next week.  I called again yesterday and do not expect a response.  I'm not sure but should I be filing with EEOC?
Snowed  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:57:42 AM(UTC)
Snowed

That is so crazy!  Have you appealed through Reconsideration or ECAB?  
March for Justice!
kevinbagw  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:04:15 AM(UTC)
kevinbagw

When they sent their decision on last CA-7  it did not come with a sheet giving me options for reconsideration or ECAB to send back to them.  They've played it perfect so far.  That's why I want to file the formal complaint.

kevinbagw  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:05:33 AM(UTC)
kevinbagw

If I can attach a file here I will let you read their first decision but will blank out anything confidential.

Snowed  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:06:21 AM(UTC)
Snowed

You need to demand a formal decision with appeal rights.
March for Justice!
Snowed  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:06:55 AM(UTC)
Snowed

I would also send the complaint to the Secretary of Labor.
March for Justice!
kevinbagw  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:36:30 AM(UTC)
kevinbagw

Sorry I couldn't upload the document.

Background:  You are employed by "my agency"  bilateral wrist "incorrect"  later describes it correctly.

On 7/08/2010 you filed a CA-7 claiming recurrence of disability.  By decision dated 9/02/2010 your claim of disability was denied.  You disagreed with the decision and requested reconsideration.

On discussion of evidence:  After review of your file it is determined that by decision dated 10/20/2010 your claim for recurrence has been accepted.  In the decision you were advised to submit CA-7 for any loss of wages beginning 01/14/2009.

Conclusion:  By decision dated 10/20/2010 your claim for recurrence of disability has been accepted. 

Snowed  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:11:37 AM(UTC)
Snowed

You need to request a formal decision on the CA-7 with appeal rights.  If you upload the request, give your CE 30 days plus mail time to respond.  If no response write to the District Director attaching your original letter to  the CE and give the same time for response.  Move up the chain if you have to....Regional Director next...mail letters or fax them directly to the Directors, using the street address not London KY address.
March for Justice!
kevinbagw  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:39:27 AM(UTC)
kevinbagw

Thanks Snowed! I sent a request to district director nearly 90 days ago.  Next will be Regional.  Last call to my case manager was on Monday and no response. I've asked customer service if she calls and they say she puts in notes she called but no answer. Bull my home phone was transferred to my cell a year ago so I don't miss calls.   Wink

Thanks again and I will keep going! 

Snowed  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:01:35 PM(UTC)
Snowed

March for Justice!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed