Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TrishK32  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:40:46 AM(UTC)
TrishK32

Groups: Registered

So I just received this memo about holiday admin leave for 2 hours. Can anyone explain to me what that is? Is that paid / non paid? Thanks!
~Trish
Fed1969  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:43:08 AM(UTC)
Fed1969

Normally admin leave is paid. I have not seen the memo, but suspect this could allow you to leave two hours early on Christmas Eve
dewilliams30  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:37:29 AM(UTC)
dewilliams30

The holiday leave per administrative leave from what I hear is additional to the early closing on the Eve's of the holidays such as Christmas Eve, New Years Eve. Now each site may be different. Per Jax site we have already agreed to leave early and the administrative leave per survey allows you to choose what days between 12/10/2012 through 12/31/2012 to leave 2 hrs early in addition either all together per the 2 hrs, and or broken up during this date range; such as 1 hr on one day and 1 hr on another day. I'm in training but I will find out more information.
dewilliams30  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:38:08 AM(UTC)
dewilliams30

Sorry and yes its Paid leave time
asteria  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:44:57 AM(UTC)
asteria

In my department we usually have a holiday party, so you can use one of the hours for extra time at the party if you want. People who don't use the time for the party just go during their half-hour lunch. Otherwise, the time can be used to come in late, take a long lunch, or leave early during the month.
Vinny  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:24:59 AM(UTC)
Vinny

Our group usually has a holiday party, but it's basically a late lunch. Everyone takes the 2 hours of holiday admin time and then our manager gives the group 59 minutes of admin leave, so nobody has to come back to work after we eat (and drink, especially).
TrishK32  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:08:41 AM(UTC)
TrishK32

Vinny wrote:
Our group usually has a holiday party, but it's basically a late lunch. Everyone takes the 2 hours of holiday admin time and then our manager gives the group 59 minutes of admin leave, so nobody has to come back to work after we eat (and drink, especially).

You must have a late lunch if 2-3 hours after lunch you don't need to work anymore. I still have 4.5 hours left after lunch to work. Guess I will just have to take it off whenever.. I certainly don't want to lose it if I don't use it

Thanks everyone for all the good ideas! With only 7 of us left on my team, not sure if we're going to be planning a 2-3 hour long party. I'm thinking once we're back on irs and we have gate meeting again we'll prob have a party then.   

~Trish
JBCIII  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:45:12 AM(UTC)
JBCIII

We usually get our two hours "Christmas present from the President"... We had to submit when we wanted to use it so they could see the demand days - rumor has it that Christmas Eve we will come in for an early TOD, so most people requested to get out two hours earlier that day. Net result is pretty much home by dinner! [<:o)]
Vinny  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:42:32 AM(UTC)
Vinny

TrishK32 wrote:
Vinny wrote:

You must have a late lunch if 2-3 hours after lunch you don't need to work anymore. I still have 4.5 hours left after lunch to work. Guess I will just have to take it off whenever.. I certainly don't want to lose it if I don't use it

Thanks everyone for all the good ideas! With only 7 of us left on my team, not sure if we're going to be planning a 2-3 hour long party. I'm thinking once we're back on irs and we have gate meeting again we'll prob have a party then.   

Yeah when we do the lunch like this it usually starts at 1:30 (we take 1 hour lunch and skip the 15 minute coffee breaks).
Rss Feed  Atom Feed