Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The_Franchise  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 2:44:20 PM(UTC)
The_Franchise

Groups: Registered

Read thru quite a bit of the threads and the full award, but two pressing questions that I was looking for clarification:

When can we expect the actual posting of the CCA positions on usps.com?

And

Would it be safe to assume that an instillation will post the equivalent number of CCA positions as the # of TEs in the current instillation?
NECArrier  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 7:13:09 PM(UTC)
NECArrier

I understand its not to be a new job, into which TEs may be selected to move. I think it says all current TEs WILL BE CONVERTED to CCA within 90 days of the agreement. You will just change over to that designation, not lose your TE job and then have to bid on or be rehired as a CCA.
unclejimbo  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 9:17:44 PM(UTC)
unclejimbo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
The cap on TE's is 8%. The cap on CCA's is 15%. There should be more CCA's than TE's. CCA's will still have to be "hired" rather than converted, but a TE with years of experience AND a passing score should have a big advantage.
If you ever start to feel like the world has forgotten about you, try missing a couple payments.
genx  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 10:59:51 PM(UTC)
genx

That is why they recently hired 3000 TEs, to increase the cap percentage
genx  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:02:20 PM(UTC)
genx

I dont think there will be a "public" post for CCA for a long time I think all dormant TE applicants will be notified via email first and I can imagine there is a long waiting list as it is.
Guts  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:07:59 PM(UTC)
Guts

genx wrote:
I dont think there will be a "public" post for CCA for a long time I think all dormant TE applicants will be notified via email first and I can imagine there is a long waiting list as it is.

Really? Time to wake up genx!
A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine<br /><br />
boober  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:10:06 PM(UTC)
boober

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Alarm clock went off a long long time ago genx...!
[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1706490624/hAE2AE657/[/img]
Guts  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:22:36 PM(UTC)
Guts

The_Franchise wrote:
Read thru quite a bit of the threads and the full award, but two pressing questions that I was looking for clarification:

When can we expect the actual posting of the CCA positions on usps.com?

And

Would it be safe to assume that an instillation will post the equivalent number of CCA positions as the # of TEs in the current instillation?

On the PSE side, it took the PO quite a while, past the deadline, to post PSE positions. Some casuals were still around until replaced with PSEs. I think the experience with PSEs will help the PO get its act together sooner, but there might still be some TEs past the plan.
A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine<br /><br />
genx  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:40:16 PM(UTC)
genx

so GUTS I am the one the needs to wake up? You dont believe there isnt already 1000s of candidates on the hiring list already? They have to email those people that are in queue first before they make a fresh posting.. the joke is on you
Guts  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:43:27 PM(UTC)
Guts

genx wrote:
so GUTS I am the one the needs to wake up? You dont believe there isnt already 1000s of candidates on the hiring list already? They have to email those people that are in queue first before they make a fresh posting.. the joke is on you

Thanx for the laugh, I appreciate it.
cardboardbox  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:10:30 AM(UTC)
cardboardbox

Some of your post lead me to believe you dont work for the Post Office, genx There is no "Hiring List" as a whole, there is for a specific posting but thats a candidate list of those that applied to said posting. You dont actually believe the PO will contact every single person with a passing score and tell them theres a new posting, do you? Everyone will need to apply for the postings once theyre up. The PO will not seek you out and tell you to apply cardboardbox2013-01-12 08:15:54
alpine2g  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:17:45 AM(UTC)
alpine2g

There is some CCA postings in my area now.
5 year T.E. retired a CCA 8/20/2013.
cardboardbox  
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:19:35 AM(UTC)
cardboardbox

What state is that? Curious to see what description looks like.

Edit: I see some now They were all posted on Jan 10, the very same day the contract was awarded. Thats the fastest I've ever seen the Post Office work Of course it happens when its to their benefit with cost cutting positions cardboardbox2013-01-12 08:32:11
genx  
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:33:53 AM(UTC)
genx

cardboardbox I just assumed that the general public will not know about CCA position. A person from the street who applied for TE prior and saw that their application status was "hiring list" is not going to go back to the site to apply for CCA they are oblivious to what is going on. So it would make sense for the USPS to send out emails notifying previous TE applicants who were on the "hiring list" of the new CCA position opportunity.
postalvet  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:05:45 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
everyone is forgetting what the clerk casual went through.

didn't matter if they had a test score or not.

all casual had to re-apply and take the test and go through the hiring process again.

everyone who wants to work should go now and create a profile on USPS.com
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
postalvet  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:28:08 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
genx  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:28:17 AM(UTC)
genx

you right
deleted  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:41:17 AM(UTC)
deleted

It takes some time to create a profile and its not a good idea to wait.

Also they can apply for any PSE position to take the 473 test now on that profile then delete the application to keep the score.

I'm sure if its possible and required to create a new profile if the current employee applied through the system and is currently working then its possible to create multiple profiles and test more than once.
dhacker56  
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:55:01 AM(UTC)
dhacker56

NECArrier wrote:
I understand its not to be a new job, into which TEs may be selected to move. I think it says all current TEs WILL BE CONVERTED to CCA within 90 days of the agreement. You will just change over to that designation, not lose your TE job and then have to bid on or be rehired as a CCA.

They can not be converted. They must take the exam pass it and be interviewed based on the score.
deleted  
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:43:37 AM(UTC)
deleted

Job postings are starting today. "CITY CARRIER (TRANSITIONAL EMPLOYEE OR ASSISTANT)"
It looks like they just posted for all of the plants in my state and its still early.

Hopefully they will notify the TE's in those plants sooner than later that they will have to reapply.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed