Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
USPSTE  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 6:35:55 PM(UTC)
USPSTE

Groups: Registered

As a current TE with almost four years experience and having previously taken the 473 exam, I may have a chance to become a FTR with this new arbitration contact. Having already taken the test with a score of 82 that is good until 2016 with City Carrier is listed as one of the scores this test can be applied to.

So with that in mind, I have an interesting situation in my office. Two full city routes and one Aux city route with two FTR carriers and one TE (me). Now one FTR put in for a transfer IF he gets it, that would leave a vacant route and with no other PTFs/FTRs in our installation to fill it. Now as a CCA, I know could opt/bid on that route and maybe be converted to FTR (instantly or maybe in a few pay periods).

I know the award just came out, but how can I start the process to convert from TE to CCA? I have my score print out right here. I want to be able to pounce on that vacant route if the FTR gets his transfer (which might be as early as next week).

If the stars align and he gets his transfer, I might just get to be FTR. USPSTE2013-01-12 02:44:01
3sons  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 6:40:00 PM(UTC)
3sons

I hope it works out for you.
NECArrier  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 7:11:01 PM(UTC)
NECArrier

The new contract says all TEs will be converted within 90 days of the date of the agreement. Talk to your PM, let him know you already have taken the test- see if you are already on the hiring register for your area. There used to be a hiring register that would have the names and scores of all the eligible applicants and the list would circulate among the offices hiring, PMs would select candidates to interview and ultimately hire. Not sure it still works the same way- your PM or shop steward should be able to tell you.
orlandoisme  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 10:55:33 PM(UTC)
orlandoisme

God bless you
Guts  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:40:51 PM(UTC)
Guts

TEs will soon be offered the opportunity to take the test. The CCA is a new position, and with the possible advancement directly to an available career carrier position. So, the posted CCA postions on the USPS website will be filled starting with the test results. This means the general public, including vets, will be competing for the position(s). The higher the test score, the better your chance.
A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine<br /><br />
postalvet  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:01:25 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
USPSTE wrote:
but how can I start the process to convert from TE to CCA?

you do not start the process. postal management will send you a letter within the next 90 days and if they determine that your score is good they will tell you. you will get your break and start back as a CCA.

I believe everyone will have to retake the test.
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
pragmatist  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:07:31 AM(UTC)
pragmatist

As a recently hired PSE, the CCA job looks appealing. Having taken the 473 exam for the PSE position (got a decent 85.10), would it be possible to cross-over to CCA if it is offered in the USPS website? Do I need to finish the 360 day contract first?
postalvet  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:12:21 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
pragmatist wrote:
As a recently hired PSE, the CCA job looks appealing. Having taken the 473 exam for the PSE position (got a decent 85.10), would it be possible to cross-over to CCA if it is offered in the USPS website? Do I need to finish the 360 day contract first?

go to USPS.com and log into your profile and try to apply if there are openings. if it works then you will have your answer.
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
pragmatist  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:16:04 AM(UTC)
pragmatist

postalvet wrote:
pragmatist wrote:

go to USPS.com and log into your profile and try to apply if there are openings. if it works then you will have your answer.

It works postalvet! Just have to wait for the CCA opening
dhacker56  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:57:45 AM(UTC)
dhacker56

You can not be converted to CCA. you must go thru the hiring process. It is exactly like the PSE job was when they were created. All the contract gives you is the right to take the exam within 90 days.
USPSTE  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:52:59 AM(UTC)
USPSTE

dhacker56 wrote:
All the contract gives you is the right to take the exam within 90 days.

But I already took the 473 exam and passed. The score transfers, correct? Does that mean I will auto become a CCA then shortly?
TEinsanity  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:54:15 AM(UTC)
TEinsanity

Not automatically. Your score may be passing and in the registry, but that's not to say someone won't score higher than you.
USPSTE  
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:01:50 AM(UTC)
USPSTE

You are saying my job as a TE/CCA will reappear on usps.com/jobs for anyone to apply for? And if they score higher they get my job? That doesn't sound right and can't be correct/how it works.USPSTE2013-01-12 15:07:15
unclejimbo  
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:02:52 AM(UTC)
unclejimbo

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It's not your job. It's a new job as a CCA.
If you ever start to feel like the world has forgotten about you, try missing a couple payments.
USPSTE  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:11:40 AM(UTC)
USPSTE

So every office that has a TE currently nation-wide will now have a CCA job pop-up on usps.com/jobs for the current office for anyone to apply for? And even if you have years in as a TE with all that experience and fully trained, it's all based on score who they hire? USPSTE2013-01-12 15:17:27
unclejimbo  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:13:31 AM(UTC)
unclejimbo

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Not all based on score. Score gets you an interview.
If you ever start to feel like the world has forgotten about you, try missing a couple payments.
deleted  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:14:25 AM(UTC)
deleted

USPSTE wrote:
You are saying my job as a TE/CCA will reappear on usps.com/jobs for anyone to apply for? And if they score higher they get my job? That doesn't sound right and can't be correct/how it works.

The TE/CCA jobs are already appearing on the usps.com/jobs website.

Thats how it works. It doesnt sound right, it doesnt feel right and you may feel hurt but the best thing you can do is try not to be upset about it & stay competative and get the job back if you want it.

If you fail to get your job you should qualify for unemployment and in a MASS layoff such as this you may also qualify for college or retraining.

deleted  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:16:20 AM(UTC)
deleted

USPSTE wrote:
dhacker56 wrote:
All the contract gives you is the right to take the exam within 90 days.

But I already took the 473 exam and passed. The score transfers, correct? Does that mean I will auto become a CCA then shortly?

You have to create a new profile. There is a section under roadmap to import scores of current or former employees. You can always try to move the score over.
USPSTE  
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:14:29 AM(UTC)
USPSTE

deleted wrote:
You have to create a new profile. There is a section under roadmap to import scores of current or former employees. You can always try to move the score over.

Thanks for the tip! I just made a new E-Carrier Profile on usps.com and I was able to transfer my 473 scores over. Looking Good!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed