Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joeman3022  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:29:33 AM(UTC)
joeman3022

Groups: Registered

are te's that get converted to cca going to stay at the same post office they work? because in that letter it makes it sound like you have to go on the website to find openings? also i was able to import my 473 test on my profile and it says im eligble for all postions, am i going to have to retake the test? so confused right now no one has a straight answer where i work
Occums Chainsaw  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:30:28 AM(UTC)
Occums Chainsaw

you go on and choose the place you want to work
gonna be a lot of TE shuffling around
unclejimbo  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:32:30 AM(UTC)
unclejimbo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
The first wave of 17,000 CCA's to be hired is to replace the phased out TE's. So everywhere that there is a current TE, there will be a CCA opening.

That number is from the liteblue workforce connection citation posted earlier.unclejimbo2013-01-21 09:38:31
If you ever start to feel like the world has forgotten about you, try missing a couple payments.
unclejimbo  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:35:48 AM(UTC)
unclejimbo

And just so you know, since you're new: TE's will NOT, repeat NOT be "converted." CCA's will be hired competitively in accordance with legal requirements. Believe me, you don't want to go down that road.
If you ever start to feel like the world has forgotten about you, try missing a couple payments.
cardboardbox  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:36:13 AM(UTC)
cardboardbox

Basically our position is being phased out. We're going to have to apply for these positions on our own and go through the competitive hiring process. If its been longer than 120 days since you took the exam you can retake it if you want. Its the case for me and I will retake it so try and get a better score. Nothings a guarantee so thats why I'm gonna take the opportunity to better my score and I would suggest the same to everyone else.
unclejimbo  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:41:02 AM(UTC)
unclejimbo

I'm not completely sure of this, so don't go quoting me, but I thought if you took the test again, the second score begins your timeline over for hiring purposes. This would mean that the second score, not necessarily the higher score, would be used for ranking. If this is really how it works (which I must stress I do not know), then if you have a reasonably good score already you would be taking somewhat of a risk taking the test again. If you passed with a lower score, you could hurt your chances.

Hiring/testing experts, is this what could happen?
cardboardbox  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:46:26 AM(UTC)
cardboardbox

You're correct. I had previously thought the better score applies. After a little bit of researching:

I took the assessment in person at a center - but got a low rating. How can I retake the assessment to get a higher score?
You cannot improve your score for the job application for which you took the assessment. Also, you cannot take the assessment again within the retest time period (explained on the bottom of your Notice of Result).

After the retest period, you may take the same assessment again but only if you apply for a job requiring that same assessment.

If you apply for a job requiring that assessment and choose to take the assessment again, your score will change to the most recent score. This is regardless of whether it is higher or lower than your previous score.

This is from

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view()=c%5Bc_usps8327%5Dcardboardbox2013-01-21 09:51:56
unclejimbo  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:48:45 AM(UTC)
unclejimbo

Thanks cardboard. In that case, I'm amending my previous post: "I am absolutely sure that what I am saying is correct."
te2b  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:50:31 AM(UTC)
te2b

Okay, so if I understand what you all are saying....

I am the only TE in my office. Come 1/23 there will be a posting on eCareer for a CCA position in my office.

I will need to apply for this position? I have been there for 5 years! I am going to be bumped and possibly not remain there? Someone with NO EXPERIENCE or someone with a VET PREF can take my position from me?

I just don't understand this, it makes no sense at all.
<strong><em><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2"><font color=GREEN>"Life's River Shall Rise, And Only The Strong Shall Survive"</strong></em></font></font></font>
porkfrys  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:53:03 AM(UTC)
porkfrys

te2b wrote:

I am the only TE in my office. Come 1/23 there will be a posting on eCareer for a CCA position in my office.

I will need to apply for this position? I have been there for 5 years! I am going to be bumped and possibly not remain there? Someone with NO EXPERIENCE or someone with a VET PREF can take my position from me?

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE! As of April 10th I believe you do not have a job for the post office. Depending where you are at maybe no one will apply but you still have to apply and take the test.
TElooking4exit  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:03:33 AM(UTC)
TElooking4exit

te2b wrote:

But your 5 years will account for some seniority... I am a one year TE so don't quote me on squat... a veteran with 5 years as a TE and veterans preference (added with their test score) might bump you out...

BTW... In my instance... my contract ends Feb 18th and I will no longer have a job without re-applying... and I don't care what all the FTRs on here say about us whining... there are NOT ANY of them that has taken a 27% paycut to do the same job AND had to reapply to "keep" their job...

TE-Gone!!!
delovibrio  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:16:05 AM(UTC)
delovibrio

cardboardbox wrote:
Basically our position is being phased out. We're going to have to apply for these positions on our own and go through the competitive hiring process. If its been longer than 120 days since you took the exam you can retake it if you want. Its the case for me and I will retake it so try and get a better score. Nothings a guarantee so thats why I'm gonna take the opportunity to better my score and I would suggest the same to everyone else.

wonder why closed down plant workers do not have to apply and compete against the public?
porkfrys  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:44:35 AM(UTC)
porkfrys

delovibrio wrote:
cardboardbox wrote:

wonder why closed down plant workers do not have to apply and compete against the public?

Are you serious??? They did compete when they got hired except the new pse clerks.
Blix  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:51:58 AM(UTC)
Blix

porkfrys wrote:
delovibrio wrote:
cardboardbox wrote:

Are you serious??? They did compete when they got hired except the new pse clerks.

Hmm, I was under the impression that Regs do not have to compete with the public for positions when plants close, they just get excessed into other jobs.

All PSE's had to compete with the public for their jobs...

Ah, i'm a little confused in what you're saying, lol.
porkfrys  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:00:35 AM(UTC)
porkfrys

So did the regulars when they first got hired in like everyone. Why should they lose their job when the plant closes down? They are career so yes they get excessed. All I'm saying is delovibrio is stirring the pot maybe they should get rid of management and then let them compete for the supervisor position
tewest  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:07:39 AM(UTC)
tewest

Nope, there will be no gaurentee that you will stay in your current office.   We are now completing with everyone off the street.   So, when your position is posted, you will have to reapply along with everyone else on the street.   Someone with Veteran Points will trump you even if you have years of experience.
Jayremy  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:10:13 AM(UTC)
Jayremy

I was told by postmaster that on the telcon they said they don't have enough time to advertise the hiring of CCA. If this is true only word of mouth should be the way people off the street go and apply.
postalvet  
#18 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:25:04 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Jayremy wrote:
I was told by postmaster that on the telcon they said they don't have enough time to advertise the hiring of CCA. If this is true only word of mouth should be the way people off the street go and apply.

unemployement offices follow the post office hiring site. and there are most likley others who look at it also, military to name one. so the word will get out.
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
unclejimbo  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 9:37:32 AM(UTC)
unclejimbo

TE's are not taking a 27% pay cut. They are all losing their jobs due to their position being eliminated. They have an opportunity to apply for another, virtually identical job with the same employer with a chance to become a career employee. This opportunity comes with a lower starting pay, but a greater long term upside than their current, dead end TE position. As with ALL things in life, there is a choice to be made. Take the lower paying job, look for another job with even more questions or allow yourself to be let go and collect unemployment. Do what you have to to provide for your family, both in the short term and the long term.
eightup  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 9:46:26 AM(UTC)
eightup

I saw the disappointed faces of regular carriers after steward said no raise for 2 years. What do mean they did not target the TE's jobs? the same job with lower pay = pay cut for TEs.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed