Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Used2b  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:28:50 AM(UTC)
Used2b

Groups: Registered

In my district we're having a meeting in the morning with NALC reps and HR at Local Services. I'm going to see if I can find out any additional information on the hiring process. If you post your questions here, I'll try to get some reliable information. Please keep it relevant. I intend to ask if they will be posting CCA 2 positions which require postal experience, as all the postings I have seen have been for CCA 1.
The_Franchise  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:30:02 AM(UTC)
The_Franchise

Once hired as a CCA, what is the procedure for making regular in an office with vacant T6 positions?
Occums Chainsaw  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:41:20 AM(UTC)
Occums Chainsaw

Once hired as a CCA, will relative standing count district wide? I'm having a hell of a time deciding which office to apply. My current seems to be the best shot of becoming Reg..but can I head over to the smaller office nearby and wait until my relative standing allows me to swoop back into the other office with the Reg opening.

page 22 of the award
" In order to provide the potential for career opportunities to city carrier assistants beyond their employing installation, a joint Task Force will be establish to explore ways to expand opportunities for career city carriers positions within the district"
Occums Chainsaw  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:44:41 AM(UTC)
Occums Chainsaw

Does the wording of the contract mean that:
a. there must be a dedicated regular for each and every route
or
b. for every route in the country there must be an equivalent number of regulars

ie. california has 300 unassigned Regulars so vacant Trip 10, 13, and 19 dont need to be filled...quota met on the national level
whiskeycharlie32  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:54:02 AM(UTC)
whiskeycharlie32

I got the job description for cca 1 and cca2. But was never told what the difference was. I wasnt told that cca 2 required experience. So im assuming that cca2 is designated for TES who are given their jobs back?
Used2b  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:57:02 AM(UTC)
Used2b

whiskeycharlie32 wrote:
I got the job description for cca 1 and cca2. But was never told what the difference was. I wasnt told that cca 2 required experience. So im assuming that cca2 is designated for TES who are given their jobs back?

Yes, CCA 2 is for current TE's. Has this been posted on the USPS careers page under your district's zip code, or something you received in the office?
whiskeycharlie32  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:02:36 AM(UTC)
whiskeycharlie32

received by my po. So now im wondering if i get one of the cca 1 positions i applied for and then they post the cca2 position if i will need to apply for that also? im gonna say they will post them soon but assuming gets you nowhere in the po.
The_Franchise  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:34:06 PM(UTC)
The_Franchise

Question to ask in meeting

Will TEs who successfully get hired as CCA be allowed to carry over any earned leave or will it be paid in a lump sum?

Will TEs who successfully get hired as CCA have to take a 5 day break prior to start of new CCA contract?

Both of those assume that the TEs current contract does not end prior to April changeover.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed