Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dps_gps  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:22:18 PM(UTC)
dps_gps

Groups: Registered

Just read a postal stand up talk about imd wireless paired with imdas scanners at the post office. Sounds like a bad idea combing 2 scanners instead of just having one efficient one.
One thing you can't change is the truth but the truth can change you
pdx2mmh  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:30:38 PM(UTC)
pdx2mmh

The new scanners have GPS loaded in them. Ask some of the UPS drivers how they are micro-managed. For those regulars that seem to go off their route for one reason or another, they will be questioned why they diverted off the line of travel. So if some take a 45 min lunch instead of the normal 30, those days are over.
Tony buck  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:10:48 PM(UTC)
Tony buck

LOL!!!!! Tighten up guys/gals!!
PartTimeForever  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:12:20 PM(UTC)
PartTimeForever

I believe the 2 piece scanner thing a short term plan. I think there's a whole new scanner coming shortly. My boss and I were talking about it recently.
dps_gps  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:01:05 AM(UTC)
dps_gps

The website that I saw it in.

http://www.news.ruralinfo.net/2013/01/gps-for-your-scanner-bluetooth-the-future-starts-now.html
postalvet  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:17:24 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
PartTimeForever  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:37:05 AM(UTC)
PartTimeForever

The carriers in my station are not the most technically gifted, so this should be interesting...
delovibrio  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 7:26:43 AM(UTC)
delovibrio

pdx2mmh wrote:
The new scanners have GPS loaded in them. Ask some of the UPS drivers how they are micro-managed. For those regulars that seem to go off their route for one reason or another, they will be questioned why they diverted off the line of travel. So if some take a 45 min lunch instead of the normal 30, those days are over.

Or those regulars that get finished by 2pm and read a paper under a tree til 4pm.

how they fool the walkers on 99s I do not know, But I have to keep moving on my route, only 2 10s and a 30min lunch is all I can spare.

anyways that's one good reason for gps scanners(jrap)
Cannibul  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:38:57 AM(UTC)
Cannibul

I'm really sorry I'm not going to be around for this.

It rains here and I sweat like there's no tomorrow. I didn't carry my personal cell on the street because I'd kill it.

Also another damn thing to carry around. Wonder how shock proof these cell phones are?
Baxone  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 1:55:08 PM(UTC)
Baxone

It says "Here is a description of the SIMPLE activities that will need to be preformed by the users."

No one FORCED you to fill out the Application...
castni  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 6:21:38 PM(UTC)
castni

delovibrio wrote:
pdx2mmh wrote:

Or those regulars that get finished by 2pm and read a paper under a tree til 4pm.

how they fool the walkers on 99s I do not know, But I have to keep moving on my route, only 2 10s and a 30min lunch is all I can spare.

How do you know they sit for 2 hrs or so. You babysitting? I highly doubt they have that much time to spare. Quit throwing your co-workers under the bus and worry about yourself. If they really have that much time, it will catch up to them.
dps_gps  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:16:23 PM(UTC)
dps_gps

I couldn't agree more, quit throwing your coworkers under the bus. I have talked to quite a few UPS drivers and they do feel micromanaged and most want to find another job. Wait until they start implementing the gps component and take you into a room and go over every part of your day. Anyone that takes an extended break most likely deserved it, don' think we all work at the same pace, of course there are those that work like drones(aka worker bee).
sisterwomen  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:35:29 PM(UTC)
sisterwomen

dps_gps wrote:
I couldn't agree more, quit throwing your coworkers under the bus. I have talked to quite a few UPS drivers and they do feel micromanaged and most want to find another job. Wait until they start implementing the gps component and take you into a room and go over every part of your day. Anyone that takes an extended break most likely deserved it, don' think we all work at the same pace, of course there are those that work like drones(aka worker bee).

I can't imagine anyone seriously considering quitting as a regular UPS driver, given the high wages and very generous pensions offered at UPS.
jello  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:40:59 PM(UTC)
jello

dps_gps wrote:

We have alot of runners in our office, skipping breaks, short lunches ect. So I can see where the union can also step up and file safety grievances on carriers not taking their breaks and lunches.
dps_gps  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 10:52:58 PM(UTC)
dps_gps

sisterwomen wrote:
dps_gps wrote:

I can't imagine anyone seriously considering quitting as a regular UPS driver, given the high wages and very generous pensions offered at UPS.

Of course they aren't going to quit just like most TE's did not quit but when you start talking to them they dream of opening their own business or working for another company. Easier said than done but I do not believe it is like the Post Office where when someone gets hire they stay their whole working life. The Post Office tolerates marginal workers and workers that have little work ethic, do you think the UPS does?
VTIME  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:08:06 AM(UTC)
VTIME

Yes i think they doVTIME2013-01-26 08:13:45
delovibrio  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:23:29 AM(UTC)
delovibrio

castni wrote:
delovibrio wrote:
pdx2mmh wrote:

How do you know they sit for 2 hrs or so. You babysitting? I highly doubt they have that much time to spare. Quit throwing your co-workers under the bus and worry about yourself. If they really have that much time, it will catch up to them.

If i through them under the bus, I would have told management , turd.
I am telling you guys, without giving up any names, how times are going to change for the con-artist.
and yes I know exactly what they are doing, since they like to brag, plus I was a ptf for a long time and have done those talked about routes.
delovibrio  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:26:13 AM(UTC)
delovibrio

jello wrote:
dps_gps wrote:

We have alot of runners in our office, skipping breaks, short lunches ect. So I can see where the union can also step up and file safety grievances on carriers not taking their breaks and lunches.

It is not only te's who run, these ftr that I mentioned up above, our the same time clock butters, fly through the case, then run the route to have 2 hours to sit under a tree at the end.

I do not know why they do it, I only know that management does not bother.
it sickens me.
customers will even tell you.
castni  
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:24:19 AM(UTC)
castni

Your the turd. Mind your own business and worry about yourself. I am sure you rank high amongst your co-workers.
delovibrio  
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:50:57 AM(UTC)
delovibrio

I do rank high since I am 6'5 265 lbs,

they stay clear of me, but there customer complaints affect me, and I don't like it.
and I am free to state my opinions on con-artist, who complain they can't do extra work, even when they are on the odl, because they wont make the last truck, then I see and hear that crap.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed