Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nicoli87  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:13:36 PM(UTC)
nicoli87

Groups: Registered

I have learned you will still have the option to OIC as a PSE Post Office Clerk. All PMR's in new level 6 offices (formerly 11 or 13) have to reapply for their jobs as PMR in new level 2 or 4 or a PSE Post Office Clerk in new level 6.

Will a PMR in level 2 or 4 have an advantage to apply for an open Postmaster position in a level 6 office over the PSE or PSE's in that office?

This is since one is a craft job and the other is a mgmt job. Currently a PMR has the option for sure to apply for opening postmaster positions if no current career employee wants them.

Will the PSE of their own office have that option? Anyone know?
porkfrys  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:05:15 PM(UTC)
porkfrys

I don't know too much about the pay, level, etc but I do know we have a pse that is stating an oic postition in the neighboring town. That office has no carriers at all its just the window and po box and it is one of those offices that will be losing hours I think they will only be open like 4 or 6 hrs a day. Hope that helps.
nicoli87  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:11:05 AM(UTC)
nicoli87

After calling a 6 people today, I got my answer and a mgmt talking points note on the difference between the two.

I learned a PSE PO Clerk cannot transfer offices like a PMR. They will be 4th in line for an open level 6 PTPM (Part Time Post Master) position (Career Position). A PMR from a new level 2 or 4 office has advantage in moving into career by being 3rd in line after Career postmasters(1st) and then career employees (2nd) at applying for an open postmaster in new level 6 office.

This is even if the PSE is allowed to OIC in their level 6 office, a PMR could come in from a level 2 or 4 and take the career postmaster job over them. Because the PSE would not be able to apply.

--Advice to anyone wanting to ever become career that is a PMR in a former level 13 going to a 6 who is losing their position, DO NOT take the PSE position. Look for another PMR position around you in a new level 2 or 4 office (currently levels 11, 51-55). You will get more work, more options to OIC, and have more advantage in ever applying for a new level 6 PTPM.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed