Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Inside the News

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current federal employee related news topics. This forum is for U.S. federal government news topics only -- specifically, news that directly affects federal employees, their jobs, pay, benefits or other workplace issues.

Please refrain from posting topics on general current events, U.S. or world politics, etc. FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal employees, so keeping forum topics focused to those readers and members here is what makes this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheFrederalGovt  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 2:45:48 PM(UTC)
TheFrederalGovt

Groups: Registered

http://money.cnn.com/m/#!/2013/02/08/news/economy/obama-federal-worker-pay.json?category=Latest%20News
The HalfBreed  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 08, 2013 11:34:43 PM(UTC)
The HalfBreed

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The Republicans will block it.... any Bets ?
RETIRED 12/19/2012 !!! Good Bye Tension !!! Hello Pension !!!
fed23  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 12:45:33 AM(UTC)
fed23

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hold on there, don't get excited. This is an obvious political ploy for the White House; it means less than nothing. 2014 is a long way off. Proposals, political winds, budgets, and actual reality changes faster than you can blink an eye these days. The political powers that be just floated the idea to:

1) See public reaction to the proposal

2) Be able to say in late 2013 that it was for such a COLA for feds but Congress and the need for "federal employees to sacrifice along with all Americans to reduce the deficit" prevented it.

As if we haven't given enough already. But without fail, both the White House and Congress have selective amnesia ignoring any and all previous sacrifices made by feds deeming them non-existent. Once Congress sees to it, through continued refusal to do its job, that sequestration wreaks havoc there is no chance of the .5% 2013 COLA ever coming to pass, much less a 1% 2014 COLA. Unfortunately, the way things are looking right now, feds will be lucky just to hold on to their jobs. I hope I am wrong on this one.
"PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!" The best way to exterminate trolls is to ignore their posts all together; starve them out. Zero Response = Unhappy Trolls.
GSBS  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:31:14 AM(UTC)
GSBS

That is good money. Let's see, Gas just jumped 10% in 30 days 120%a year. Yes this will be enough from our Carmel version of Bashar al-Assad!
the rock99  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:45:36 AM(UTC)
the rock99

Why are they making proposals for 2014, when they haven't even figured out what is going on for 2013
The HalfBreed  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:40:06 AM(UTC)
The HalfBreed

GSBS wrote:
...Let's see, Gas just jumped 10% in 30 days 120%a year....

HUH ?!?!?   How do you figure THAT ???

Jethro Bodine Cyphering ???
RETIRED 12/19/2012 !!! Good Bye Tension !!! Hello Pension !!!
GSBS  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:56:38 AM(UTC)
GSBS

The HalfBreed wrote:
GSBS wrote:
...Let's see, Gas just jumped 10% in 30 days 120%a year....

HUH ?!?!?   How do you figure THAT ???

Jethro Bodine Cyphering ???

Yes I went to the Jed Clampett School for Texas Tea. 10% in one month would add up to 100% in 10 months, 120% in a year in GAS
Fed1969  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2013 7:57:28 AM(UTC)
Fed1969

Politics!!!!
ACEfed  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:59:05 AM(UTC)
ACEfed

TheFrederalGovt wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/m/#!/2013/02/08/news/economy/obama-federal-worker-pay.json?category=Latest%20News

Hopefully you are being sarcastic. If you understand anything about inflation (and how the government conveniently omits food and energy prices from the figure) you are definitely being sarcastic. Also, see just how far this "proposal" gets. Again, Obama will read you anything you want to hear off of a teleprompter.     
mooch2112  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:44:02 PM(UTC)
mooch2112

whether it happens or not, who knows...

the impotant point is 1%...who cares...it is an INSULT (especially after 3-4 years with NOTHING)...it is like leaving a waitress a 5% tip (or less)

i know, some ppl will say "1% is better than nothing", but it is ridiculous...on a 50K salary it = 500 a year (before taxes)...what is that after taxes??...~$35 month / ~$10 week....BOGUS
Coolas70degrees  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:39:05 PM(UTC)
Coolas70degrees

That is 10 dollars more a week than you had before...

I agree with the person who said that they should focus on 2013 rather than proposals for 2014.
hustonj  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 12:39:56 AM(UTC)
hustonj

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
the rock99 wrote:
Why are they making proposals for 2014, when they haven't even figured out what is going on for 2013

Because the POTUS is required to submit a budget proposal to Congress every Spring. No POTUS has missed this requirement, as far as I am aware. Our lack of budget is based on activity in the Legislative Branch.
nodog  
#13 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 2:53:40 AM(UTC)
nodog

hustonj wrote:
the rock99 wrote:

Because the POTUS is required to submit a budget proposal to Congress every Spring. No POTUS has missed this requirement, as far as I am aware. Our lack of budget is based on activity in the Legislative Branch.

You may want to check that again. POTUS has the mindset of a sixteen year old girl with a high fashion sense and Daddy's charge card. That's pretty much the way ALL of Congress and Senate think today. I said ALL so don't start with the Democrats and Republicans crap with me. It's time to impeach POTUS and his little blond hair ***** boy with the worsening case of alzheimer's. Further it's time to invoke tearm limits on every elected and appointed seat of public trust. If we do that we get rid of the people that got us in this pit to start off with. Instead you bunch of idiots keep re-electing them over and over.
hustonj  
#14 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 3:21:51 AM(UTC)
hustonj

nodog wrote:
hustonj wrote:
the rock99 wrote:

You may want to check that again.

Don't need to. The statement is accurate. Our current POTUS has explicitly NOT failed to deliver a budget proposal to Congress.

Congress (as a whole) has failed to pass a budget for a while, now.

You might notice that despite your aggressive comments, my posts have no party-specific comments in them.
nodog  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 4:50:21 AM(UTC)
nodog

hustonj wrote:
nodog wrote:
hustonj wrote:
the rock99 wrote:

Don't need to. The statement is accurate. Our current POTUS has explicitly NOT failed to deliver a budget proposal to Congress.

You might notice that despite your aggressive comments, my posts have no party-specific comments in them.

So you agree then that the lack of a approved budget is because POTUS has submitted an unrealistic budget. You can't continue to spend more than you bring in without losing everything you have. POTUS cannot increase spending on more entitlement programs without cutting something other than the defense budget. Compare the United States budget from 1960 to where our money is spent today. You'll find that defense was the largest expenditure and today it is next to the least expenditure. Our tax dollars should not be used to for POTUS or anyone else to BUY votes with entitlement programs or pork spending.
hustonj  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 5:04:34 AM(UTC)
hustonj

nodog wrote:
hustonj wrote:
nodog wrote:
hustonj wrote:
the rock99 wrote:

So you agree then that the lack of a approved budget is because POTUS has submitted an unrealistic budget.

Not at all. Congress traditionally ignores most of the POTUS proposal and builds their own, anyway. The POTUS budget proposal is simply a milestone in the process. Your desire to paint the POTUS as responsible for Congressional failures is far too common in today's America, though.
huckleberry fin  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 5:21:55 AM(UTC)
huckleberry fin

2014 is not promising. If I make it to see 2014, I'll be thankful and grateful I get $10.00. I rather get $1.00 more and pump the rest back into helping the economy. There are people who complains when all they have to do is stop trying to keep up with the Jones' lifestyle.
ACEfed  
#18 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:09:03 AM(UTC)
ACEfed

huckleberry fin wrote:
2014 is not promising. If I make it to see 2014, I'll be thankful and grateful I get $10.00. I rather get $1.00 more and pump the rest back into helping the economy. There are people who complains when all they have to do is stop trying to keep up with the Jones' lifestyle.

Your money won't get pumped back into helping the economy. It will go into the pockets of the criminals and special interest groups in Washington. Their goal is to make you poor. They hate the idea of the Middle Class.
huckleberry fin  
#19 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:25:30 AM(UTC)
huckleberry fin

Understandable. Why do we, noticed, i said we complain about things like this. Things are not going to change, so why stress about it. Look, enjoy life and the rest of good deeds from good people will be blessed 70xs more than debating about things such as a dollar bill. Kids are dying in the hands of fruit cakes, people are dying of all types of cancer. Lets focus on that. Whomever complains, I pray that you win the lottery then something develops in your life that is more meaniful to debate about than a dollar. Your millions that one so desperately desire get wash away with the waves of greedy people. Just enjoy life and tell your love ones everyday before you leave the house because that is vital than a dollar bill.
huckleberry fin  
#20 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:32:45 AM(UTC)
huckleberry fin

I rather tell everyone how are you doing today? Beatify someday by telling them you look great today. Be kind to mankind. I'm learning everday about life, so I elect to spend the rest of my retired days helping others, and not speaking foul from thou tongue.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed