Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
27%PayCutTE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:20:26 AM(UTC)
27%PayCutTE

Groups: Registered

Sorry, but management has a long history of not following any contract they sign...Want proof, just look at how well the PTF's were promoted to Regular Status...I see CCA's being assigned to routes just as the Regulars, but the promotion to Regular Status will be denied. The NALC will grieve it, but the paperwork will sit, and be a negotiation point during the next contract, and then and only then will CCA's start to be promoted to regular...AFTER the next contract...
tenation  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:51:52 AM(UTC)
tenation

I couldn't agree more, im am praying this isn't the case and I eventually get converted before the end of the contract but I have no reason to believe it will go any differently than what u think will happen. i did hear that after we r not converted on april 10, the union (at least my branch) will give management 2 weeks to fill any vacancies in our installation by converting cca's to regular, and if they don't then they will file a grievance, which i heard could take up to 2 years before a decision is made by an arbitrator if it goes that far which i bet it will. that would b before the contract is up which would b nice but its wishful thinking. i cant believe how many te/cca's think we will b converted right away or within the next 12 months!?!? not sure why they r so optimistic about this. i could actually see a situation where this contract expires before we get converted like u said, the only difference being that we r not made regular in the next contract either. i could see them changing our title again (to lets say PSA's, postal service assistants) and removing the "relative standing" and a raise the percentage of non career carriers to say 33%. then to top it all off they would drop the pay of our new title to $14/hour. i bet the chances of that scenario are just as high as us being converted to regular
CCAhopeful  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:57:33 AM(UTC)
CCAhopeful

Its called kool-aid, and some just cant stop drinking...
dhacker56  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:19:19 AM(UTC)
dhacker56

Where in the contract does it say that PTFs were to be changed to FTR before the end of the contract?
takextra  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:21:30 AM(UTC)
takextra

dhacker56 wrote:
Where in the contract does it say that PTFs were to be changed to FTR before the end of the contract?

Another thread ender!
Mark9945  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:27:28 AM(UTC)
Mark9945

CCA's: Not sure where you are obtaining info from. You cannot be made FT Regular until EVERY last CURRENT CAREER PTF gets promoted to FT Regular. At that point, the door opens for you guys. How could you get promoted when all current PTFs have at least 5 yrs of service, with most at least 10? You can't just wave a magic wand and jump thousands of career employees, thats at any FEDERAL job. Um, its called seniority? Hire date? On everybody's PS 50? Also says if your a career hire or not? Please, get it together. You guys need to do a little research and stop being fooled by a possibly corrupt local that only wants your 50 bucks a month. EIther that or you're just young and naive. You can be put on a hold down if there are no PTFs in your office, but no conversions will take place until at least end 2016 or 2017.
gianthook  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:27:45 AM(UTC)
gianthook

Part-time flexible carriers also will benefit from the Das award, as it calls for the conversion of all PTFs to full-time regular status and for the elimination of the PTF category over the term of the contract.
orlandoisme  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:30:50 AM(UTC)
orlandoisme

There's a PTF at my office holding down a route still waiting for conversion

and then we have several t-6's in my office (I just found out)

3 vacancies

thank god I'm not interested for a career with the po unless its something like inspector general or something like that
orlandoisme  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:31:34 AM(UTC)
orlandoisme

quite a few t-6's at my office were clerks

they hate carrying and want to become clerks again

they appliedorlandoisme2013-03-28 17:37:05
orlandoisme  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:34:19 AM(UTC)
orlandoisme

There's a PTF that become PTF in 08... he was never a casual came off the street started off as a PTF

There are TE's at my office that started in 05

that is unreal
bbanderic1  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:36:08 AM(UTC)
bbanderic1

Mark9945 wrote:
CCA's: Not sure where you are obtaining info from. You cannot be made FT Regular until EVERY last CURRENT CAREER PTF gets promoted to FT Regular. At that point, the door opens for you guys. How could you get promoted when all current PTFs have at least 5 yrs of service, with most at least 10? You can't just wave a magic wand and jump thousands of career employees, thats at any FEDERAL job. Um, its called seniority? Hire date? On everybody's PS 50? Also says if your a career hire or not? Please, get it together. You guys need to do a little research and stop being fooled by a possibly corrupt local that only wants your 50 bucks a month. EIther that or you're just young and naive. You can be put on a hold down if there are no PTFs in your office, but no conversions will take place until at least end 2016 or 2017.

Everyone knows the pecking order between PTF's and CCA's, many areas in the Country no longer have any PTF's, perhaps you need to do a little research yourself.   
alpine2g  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:40:04 AM(UTC)
alpine2g

No PTF's in a 100 miles for me.
5 year T.E. retired a CCA 8/20/2013.
Mark9945  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:47:04 AM(UTC)
Mark9945

The USPS is a NATIONAL organization, not an "area" organization. The contracts and all rules are binding nationally, not just in your area. Does not matter if there are no PTFs within 2,000 miles of you. Until each one is promoted to FT and the craft is officially phased out, you won't get promoted. OK, continue dreaming now!
takextra  
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:49:47 AM(UTC)
takextra

It is more common sense than anything. Get paid while looking for another job! Also, with this job, you have a lot more contacts, while delivering opposed to finding one blind.takextra2013-03-28 17:55:43
tenation  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:53:59 AM(UTC)
tenation

mark-this is a thread about how we doubt we will b converted despite what the UNION is telling us. my union president told me he was filing a grievance, he never mentioned that all ptf's in the country had to b converted to ftr first. u have given us another reason to support our belief that we will not b converted. not sure why ur telling us to continue dreaming, no one is dreaming on this thread, read the posts u f****** d********
tenation  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:08:19 AM(UTC)
tenation

What a dbag
takextra  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:11:25 AM(UTC)
takextra

It is time to take a shot, my friend tenation. I am. Cheers my fellow CCA!takextra2013-03-28 18:16:47
ccatoftr  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:15:14 AM(UTC)
ccatoftr

27%PayCutTE wrote:
      Sorry, but management has a long history of not following any contract they sign...Want proof, just look at how well the PTF's were promoted to Regular Status...I see CCA's being assigned to routes just as the Regulars, but the promotion to Regular Status will be denied. The NALC will grieve it, but the paperwork will sit, and be a negotiation point during the next contract, and then and only then will CCA's start to be promoted to regular...AFTER the next contract...

I agree, been told no opting never!

and that is in the contract too
ccatoftr  
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:16:40 AM(UTC)
ccatoftr

Mark9945 wrote:

wrong!

where does it say every ptf?

even the ptf in alaska in a one route office on a 4 hour aux?

come on
takextra  
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:17:44 AM(UTC)
takextra

He is on a roll. Thread hoppa
Rss Feed  Atom Feed