Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

38 Pages«<363738
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zizzer  
#741 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 2:05:43 AM(UTC)
zizzer

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: Terra1230 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone gotten an update for CIS-PJN-10576273-ASY that closed on 9/23?

I got referred but that's it, I chose Miami. It seems like mainly Arlington is going forward...

And there's another opening today for GS 9-12: https://www.usajobs.gov/...b/ViewDetails/548350600/

I am wondering which location is the most undesirable... I wish we could choose more than one location at a time.
Terra1230  
#742 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 4:12:50 AM(UTC)
Terra1230

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zizzer Go to Quoted Post

I got referred but that's it, I chose Miami. It seems like mainly Arlington is going forward...

And there's another opening today for GS 9-12: https://www.usajobs.gov/...b/ViewDetails/548350600/

I am wondering which location is the most undesirable... I wish we could choose more than one location at a time.

Well that's interesting. It's pretty much the same job posting for the same locations as the one that closed on 9/23. I wonder if that means they aren't going to select candidates from the 9/23 job posting, or maybe they've already made their selections.

Would it be better to reapply to the same location or should we use this new job posting to apply to a second location?
Hampton121  
#743 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 4:18:26 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)

Well that's interesting. It's pretty much the same job posting for the same locations as the one that closed on 9/23. I wonder if that means they aren't going to select candidates from the 9/23 job posting, or maybe they've already made their selections.

Would it be better to reapply to the same location or should we use this new job posting to apply to a second location?

I would apply again n choose a different location
zizzer  
#744 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 4:54:19 AM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

I applied for Miami that closed 10/15 for GS 7 and separately for GS 9; 9/23 for GS 9; I thought they may have preferred locals, but now I start to think they may be looking for bilinguals whose first or second language is Spanish.

This time I applied for Arlington... I am unsure what the best approach is. We'll see... :)
Hampton121  
#745 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 4:56:29 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)

I applied for Miami that closed 10/15 for GS 7 and separately for GS 9; 9/23 for GS 9; I thought they may have preferred locals, but now I start to think they may be looking for bilinguals whose first or second language is Spanish.

This time I applied for Arlington... I am unsure what the best approach is. We'll see... :)

Arlington seems to give out the most Tentative offers 👍😁 so good luck
thanks 1 user thanked Hampton121 for this useful post.
zizzer on 10/18/2019(UTC)
DOSDHS  
#746 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 4:59:03 AM(UTC)
DOSDHS

Originally Posted by: Valen203 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone. Glad this space exists - it has offered a lot of insight thus far.

4/28: Applied to Asylum Officer position with the Arlington, VA office.
5/15: Rcvd Notice of Results and Referral Letter
5/20: Rcvd request for writing sample & references
6/24: Rcvd TO
6/26: Acceptance Acknowledgement Rcvd
7/2: Rcvd and Completed Drug Screening
7/16: Rcvd EQIP Log in
7/18: Fingerprints RCVD and Submitted
7/19: EQIP Submitted
9/6: PSA Assigned. Advanced EOD delayed/denied
9/28: PSA requested additional information
9/30: Sent Information

I applied to the same position as you did, submitted my Equip on July 22 and got my EOD for October 13 but I delayed a few pay periods.

Right now the only timeline I have is that the final adjudication of the security clearance could take up to 160 days. Anyone going through anything similar or can speak to this process after an advanced EOD is denied? I am a dual citizen (US/Irish) who recently spent a year studying/working in the United Kingdom.

Terra1230  
#747 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:01:04 AM(UTC)
Terra1230

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Why do you think they are looking for Spanish bilinguals?
zizzer  
#748 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:15:32 AM(UTC)
zizzer

United States

Why do you think they are looking for Spanish bilinguals?

Because there are a lot of Spanish speaking refugees in Florida and I think speaking Spanish would be useful there. I live in the Tampa area, and still there are days when I wish I could speak Spanish. :)
DOSDHS  
#749 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:58:19 AM(UTC)
DOSDHS

I was told that even if you are a native Spanish speaker you are still required to work with an interpreter. is this true?
majun  
#750 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 9:30:33 PM(UTC)
majun

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DOSDHS Go to Quoted Post
I was told that even if you are a native Spanish speaker you are still required to work with an interpreter. is this true?

Yes

But with this administration anything could change without notice
Bros1980  
#751 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 12:03:44 PM(UTC)
Bros1980

when you get approved for an advanced eod, what all part of the investigation do they do?

is the nac or naclc completed before the advanced eod?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed