Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hokie99  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 10:24:07 AM(UTC)
Hokie99

Groups: Registered

Here are the facts. I was conditionally hired at the end of November fr a position that requires a TS clearance. Passed drug test in January. Online 86 was accepted last week of January. I received a letter from OPM on February 8th that I should expect to here from an Investigator. The investigator met with me on March 6th and told me she would be done by the next day,March 7th. She was able to finish quickly as I have lived in the same place for the last 10 years. I know that all of my former employers, references, and neighbors were contacted on March 6 and 7. She said the investigative report would be sent to the adjudicator by close of business March 7. I assumed that the adjudication process would be short but I have still not heard anything. How long does this last part take? Thanks.
jaybones  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 10:37:12 AM(UTC)
jaybones

I would suggest that you read some of the old postings on this subject. I think you will find that, as the saying goes, "Your mileage may vary."
Laylasmom7773  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 6:13:16 PM(UTC)
Laylasmom7773

I was told anywhere from 1year to 2years for my T.S. clearance.
greekguru33  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:12:49 AM(UTC)
greekguru33

Adjudication is the last step of the process and I was told by my program officer that it is the longest in the process. Generally, between 2-6 months....depending on the backlog and also what type of clearance....secret, confidendial, or top secret.

Hope this helps.
....best of luck! Smile
Hokie99  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 12:44:01 PM(UTC)
Hokie99

Thanks for the replies. I got the ts clearance. I guess it went fast considering what others have posted. It took 6 months from my initial job interview to getting the clearance.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed