Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Military

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current military-related news topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KeystoneKid  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 10:14:06 PM(UTC)
KeystoneKid

Groups: Registered

I am a USMC Viet Nam vet. I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis about 13-15 years ago. Sarcoidosis is a disease in which inflammation occurs in the lymph nodes, lungs, liver, eyes, skin, or other tissues. It's cause is unknown but believed to be caused by environmental issues.

Therefore I am curious if any other Viet Nam veterans have been diagnosed with this disease. My haunch is that Agent Orange may have played a significant role in acquiring this disease but there are no documented cases that I've found.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Bob H
acivilservant  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 10:59:04 PM(UTC)
acivilservant

To begin with, thank you for your service. You did not sign up for some military on the other side of the world to violate the Rules of Engagement, like thy did.

Anyway, I'm sorry for your circumstances. Hailing from a military family, I know first hand how hard the problems associated with Agent Orange can be.
usmc0341  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 9:25:36 AM(UTC)
usmc0341

Sarcoidosis can be service-connected as a chronic condition if it manifested to a compensable degree within one year following separation from active military service.

Unfortunately Devil Dog, it is not a disability recognized by law as a presumptive condition to herbicide exposure.

38 CFR 3.309 Disease subject to presumptive service connectionusmc03412013-08-25 17:30:57
Rss Feed  Atom Feed