Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spankster  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:59:06 PM(UTC)
spankster

Groups: Registered

I will be filing a form CA-2 after 5 yrs since my original injury. I was diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome among other diagnosis approximately 1 yr ago. I will be sending in a medical report along with the CA-2. I was originally diagnosed with a neck sprain back in '08. The OWCP Shuffle tried to sweep me under the rug, but I haven't given up. How likely is it to have my claim accepted and how long might it take? What happens if I get accepted? Do I get retroactive pay? How long will it take? Jesse once said the process is just like the first one. Having said that, they will send me to see doctors and I will be put on the "rolls" and in a couple years they will dismiss me again. Being put on the "rolls" is not great pay, but it's a lot more than Disability Retirement. I never thought I would be satisfied with that.

I just hope to get accepted and proper medical care.
MBADawn  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:16:19 AM(UTC)
MBADawn

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your question. I just wanted to say thank you for posting the name of your new diagnosis.   I've never heard of it before, and the quick research I did just now on that diagnosis has given me a few new treatment avenues to explore.   Thank you.    Best wishes & good luck! :)
~Leave everyplace better than you found it.
Snowed  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:18:27 AM(UTC)
Snowed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If your doctor documents your period of disability you should get paid for that time.
March for Justice!
dolgames  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:07:08 AM(UTC)
dolgames

MB, thank YOU for your post in reply to Spankster.
i looked up that thoraxic outlet syndrome a couple months ago
when Spankster posted it... now i don't remember what it is at all.
but at least i remember i don't have it. and hopefully you don't have it...(do have a thoraxic "Hemangioma," but i guess those are common.
spankster  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 11:41:23 AM(UTC)
spankster

Thanks Snowed. I hope they put me back on the Rolls soon. I am really down around the holidays. Everyone is shopping and I'm just hoping to have enough to pay the bills. Do you have any idea how long the process may take? I am lost when it comes to filing the CA-2. Do I send it directly to OWCP? I have not been employed since 02/2010 and off the Rolls since 12/2011.

Spankster
spankster  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2013 11:44:31 AM(UTC)
spankster

MB: you are welcome. If, you have any questions, don't hesitate. Spankster
spankster  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:54:31 PM(UTC)
spankster

Does anyone see my claim being accepted for a new injury with a good doctor's report? When should I file the ca7?spankster2013-12-12 22:12:15
Rss Feed  Atom Feed