Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boober  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 12:01:57 AM(UTC)
boober

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,845

Thanks: 780 times
Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 373 post(s)
Not sure what's up, but my union dues for basically about the last 8 years ago or so, have gone from a whopping 8 bucks a PP, to .07 a PP for the last 3 PP's.

Just started happening for the new year.

Anyone else notice anything like this?
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 12:03:07 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/29/2009(UTC)
Posts: 8,586
Location: southern calif

Thanks: 686 times
Was thanked: 1187 time(s) in 876 post(s)
sounds like the post office computers and crapped out again!
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
boober  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 12:17:19 AM(UTC)
boober

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,845

Thanks: 780 times
Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 373 post(s)
Maybe I accidentally got the new CCA union due rate.
Guts  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 1:56:19 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/19/2002(UTC)
Posts: 863

Thanks: 33 times
Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 10 post(s)
boober wrote:
Maybe I accidentally got the new CCA union due rate.




A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine
Angie  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 3:12:16 AM(UTC)
CCA-in-MN

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/3/2013(UTC)
Posts: 263

I had posted about this maybe 2 weeks ago... I thought it was just mine that was screwed up & really didn't want to mention anything cuz it's saving me $21 a check lol wonder what happened
boober  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 3:20:57 AM(UTC)
boober

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,845

Thanks: 780 times
Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 373 post(s)
CCA-in-MN wrote:
I had posted about this maybe 2 weeks ago... I thought it was just mine that was screwed up & really didn't want to mention anything cuz it's saving me $21 a check lol wonder what happened


Ahhhh... Yea I see that now. I just checked out that thread of yours, and noticed no one else posted in that thread despite it having over 200 views.

My thread on the subject hasn't received much interest here either, which to me seems really weird.

Perhaps you and I are the only ones who bother checking out our pay stubs, or maybe most people don't really care how much their union dues are?

Angie  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 3:41:18 AM(UTC)
CCA-in-MN

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/3/2013(UTC)
Posts: 263

That's why I assumed I was the only one... I've been paying extra close attention to my pay stubs since I became FTR cuz there's just so much new stuff on it, otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed either. Perhaps I'll talk to my union treasurer when he gets back from vacation..., just curious, are u a cca converted to FTR as well?
boober  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 4:13:17 AM(UTC)
boober

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,845

Thanks: 780 times
Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 373 post(s)
I'm a Casual to TE to PTF to FTR to PTF to FTR to PTF to FTR.

boober  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 4:16:13 AM(UTC)
boober

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,845

Thanks: 780 times
Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 373 post(s)
If you really want to get technical, here's my full postal job employment history...

Casual Carrier to Casual Clerk to Casual Carrier to TE to TE to PTF to FTR to PTF to FTR to PTF to FTR.

Angie  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:00:25 AM(UTC)
CCA-in-MN

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/3/2013(UTC)
Posts: 263

Oh my.... And I thought my TE to CCA to FTR was bad... Well I'm going to guess tho that this is not a widespread issue or others would have also commented so I wonder what the deal is.
Not Given  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:36:23 AM(UTC)
GreenSteward

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/12/2012(UTC)
Posts: 229

Thanks: 31 times
Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
You guys got me curious, so I just took a peek at my pay stub. My union dues has increased .20. It must be to make up for you freeloaders!

You're welcome!    GreenSteward2014-01-31 14:42:41
Jim Ruetze  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:38:00 AM(UTC)
unclejimbo

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/23/2012(UTC)
Posts: 4,358

Thanks: 183 times
Was thanked: 423 time(s) in 225 post(s)
The union activist in me says you should alert the union so it can be corrected. Failing to pay full dues could jeopardize your good standing.

The sneaky part of me says keep a lid on it until the union figures it out. If you only pay $7 or $8 it means you aren't part of a branch, so all your dues go directly to national and stay there. Eventually they will notice and want the money.

Btw dues went up because the hourly rate for grade one, step D went up. unclejimbo2014-01-31 14:44:11
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it. -- Steven Wright
almostanftr  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:20:27 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 3,859

Thanks: 391 times
Was thanked: 398 time(s) in 305 post(s)
CCA-in-MN wrote:
Oh my.... And I thought my TE to CCA to FTR was bad... Well I'm going to guess tho that this is not a widespread issue or others would have also commented so I wonder what the deal is.


The only time that he suffered stopped at ptf, from then on it all counted for retirement.

the main focus should be how much temp time was it? And was there a two tier pay scale or not once he made ptf to ftr to ptf to ftr.?

almostanftr2014-01-31 17:27:04
CCA'S are not the problem, local stewards who have not grieved even the smallest contract infractions how-ever are the problem.
Angie  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:37:19 AM(UTC)
CCA-in-MN

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/3/2013(UTC)
Posts: 263

almostanftr wrote:
CCA-in-MN wrote:
Oh my.... And I thought my TE to CCA to FTR was bad... Well I'm going to guess tho that this is not a widespread issue or others would have also commented so I wonder what the deal is.


The only time that he suffered stopped at ptf, from then on it all counted for retirement.

the main focus should be how much temp time was it? And was there a two tier pay scale or not once he made ptf to ftr to ptf to ftr.?



Oh I know that, I was meaning as far as explaining all the different titles while doing the same job... All of his Ptfs to FTRs to Ptfs were more than likely voluntary as well... I think it's kinda funny tho how way back when TEs COULD get FTR... My postmaster started as a TE carrier
almostanftr  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:39:20 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 3,859

Thanks: 391 times
Was thanked: 398 time(s) in 305 post(s)
CCA-in-MN wrote:
almostanftr wrote:
CCA-in-MN wrote:
Oh my.... And I thought my TE to CCA to FTR was bad... Well I'm going to guess tho that this is not a widespread issue or others would have also commented so I wonder what the deal is.


The only time that he suffered stopped at ptf, from then on it all counted for retirement.

the main focus should be how much temp time was it? And was there a two tier pay scale or not once he made ptf to ftr to ptf to ftr.?



Oh I know that, I was meaning as far as explaining all the different titles while doing the same job... All of his Ptfs to FTRs to Ptfs were more than likely voluntary as well... I think it's kinda funny tho how way back when TEs COULD get FTR... My postmaster started as a TE carrier


We have two mounted ftr's who were also te's in the 90's so , yes te's made regular back then
CCA'S are not the problem, local stewards who have not grieved even the smallest contract infractions how-ever are the problem.
Michael Smith  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 10:05:27 AM(UTC)
barefoot mailman

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 962

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 39 post(s)
boober wrote:
Not sure what's up, but my union dues for basically about the last 8 years ago or so, have gone from a whopping 8 bucks a PP, to .07 a PP for the last 3 PP's.

Just started happening for the new year.

Anyone else notice anything like this?
   

Possibly you were overcharged for awhile for some reason and they are crediting you per month, rather than just doing zero per month or one lump sum. It might be just to keep that entry open and active on your paycheck. Just a guess.
boober  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 1:01:52 PM(UTC)
boober

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,845

Thanks: 780 times
Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 373 post(s)
almostanftr wrote:
CCA-in-MN wrote:
Oh my.... And I thought my TE to CCA to FTR was bad... Well I'm going to guess tho that this is not a widespread issue or others would have also commented so I wonder what the deal is.


The only time that he suffered stopped at ptf, from then on it all counted for retirement.

the main focus should be how much temp time was it? And was there a two tier pay scale or not once he made ptf to ftr to ptf to ftr.?



What difference does it make. Why must so many conversations about postal stuff always come down to who's got it worse or who's had it worse?

Especially when it comes to you and I?

Is there some sort of contest going on here that I'm not aware of?

boober  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 1:04:02 PM(UTC)
boober

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,845

Thanks: 780 times
Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 373 post(s)
barefoot mailman wrote:
boober wrote:
Not sure what's up, but my union dues for basically about the last 8 years ago or so, have gone from a whopping 8 bucks a PP, to .07 a PP for the last 3 PP's.

Just started happening for the new year.

Anyone else notice anything like this?
   

Possibly you were overcharged for awhile for some reason and they are crediting you per month, rather than just doing zero per month or one lump sum. It might be just to keep that entry open and active on your paycheck. Just a guess.


Thanks barefoot for your input.

I'm about 99.9% sure that's not what it is though, as I check my stubs out every time I get one for stuff like this.

I am surprised though that of all the people who frequent this forum, that CCAinMin and I are the only ones experiencing this so far as we know.
boober  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 1:06:21 PM(UTC)
boober

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/10/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,845

Thanks: 780 times
Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 373 post(s)
unclejimbo wrote:
The union activist in me says you should alert the union so it can be corrected. Failing to pay full dues could jeopardize your good standing.

The sneaky part of me says keep a lid on it until the union figures it out. If you only pay $7 or $8 it means you aren't part of a branch, so all your dues go directly to national and stay there. Eventually they will notice and want the money.

Btw dues went up because the hourly rate for grade one, step D went up.


I'm part of a branch, but yea the dues only goes towards national.

If I'm only paying .07 cents a PP, I wonder what my dues are paying towards now?
postalvet  
#20 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 7:07:43 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/29/2009(UTC)
Posts: 8,586
Location: southern calif

Thanks: 686 times
Was thanked: 1187 time(s) in 876 post(s)
why don't you ask on the nalc facebook page?
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.216 seconds.