Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark Martin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:28:23 PM(UTC)
parkguy

Groups: Registered

I need to hire an attorney or consultant to help complete a disability application. I am new to the forum so I am not sure if this question can be answered on the forum or if you would need to PM me.

I kink of know about the world famous attorney that a lot of people use and then there is another attorney in DC who specializes in disability and has over 30 years experience.

Then there is a firm in Florida that offers assistance and they say they have a good track record and cost less than the DC guys.

Just need some input on this issue
Mike  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2014 1:28:52 PM(UTC)
m65

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I used Harris in Lexington KY and was satisfied with my results. Fees were reasonable and my case manager was always attentive to my concerns. I would recommend them based on my experience.

Remember the old saying about getting what you pay for.
'When the bee comes to your house, give her some beer. You may want to visit her house someday.' -African Proverb
Pam  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:02:22 PM(UTC)
Parmela

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I used Harris in Lexington as well. I was pleased with my results..... since I have recently been approved. I found them most helpful in getting the correct information from my medical providers. ..... and for staying in touch with OPM.
Jack Adams  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:18:27 AM(UTC)
Rangretzky99

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I am also using Harris law firm. I just submitted paperwork in Jan '14 so I am a long way from any results.
Stephan  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 2:33:20 PM(UTC)
Stephan

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: parkguy Go to Quoted Post
I need to hire an attorney or consultant to help complete a disability application. I am new to the forum so I am not sure if this question can be answered on the forum or if you would need to PM me.

I kink of know about the world famous attorney that a lot of people use and then there is another attorney in DC who specializes in disability and has over 30 years experience.

Then there is a firm in Florida that offers assistance and they say they have a good track record and cost less than the DC guys.

Just need some input on this issue

Robert R. McGill is by far THE BEST Federal Disability Attorney out there (you're looking for opinions). My case was approved in 45 days and I believe that is due to Mr. McGill's METICULOUS LEVEL OF DETAILING OF MY CASE. If you're looking for someone that is SUPER METICULOUS and returns your emails and phone calls lightning fast? Pay the money it takes to hire him.

As for location in the US? ...Should not be part of your equation when deciding. However, I have a hunch that the closer you get to DC, the more experience he/she has just due to the number of federal employees.
baldheadedgeek  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 3:43:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
i spoke to him today. I'm gonna use him
Rss Feed  Atom Feed