Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NSPS - National Security Personnel System

NSPS is the Department of Defense's (DoD) flexible and responsive civilian management system that: (1) values performance and contribution, (2) encourages communication, (3) supports broader skill development, and (4) promotes excellence in the workplace

NSPS modernizes a 50-year-old civil service system, allowing DoD to better attract, recruit, retain, compensate, reward and manage employees. The system focuses on people, performance, and employment decisions that are cost-effective and best for business practice.

(source: Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service)

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lmaomez  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:28:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone. Not sure if I am in the correct thread, but I had a question regarding DCIPS. I am currently a DoD/non-DCIPS civilian working for one of the services. I was given a Conditional Job Offer to an agency under DCIPS, but was told the following:

"If you are currently a Federal Government employee, your salary will remain the same with us. There was a policy implemented a few years ago within DCIPS that prevented Federal Government employees from jumping around to different agencies in order to get a salary increase. This is to prevent competition between the agencies as well."

I have never heard of this, or a memo regarding those statements. Does anyone have any insight into this, or if there is a waiver of some sort? What is the point of moving within the government if I am going to be paid the same? I guess having ambition is a bad thing? Sorry, just a bit annoyed at this whole "process". Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
constance  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:33:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Max/notruth/orjustice/neverserved, how could you possibly answer this question fairly and without your usual anti-federal worker agenda, especially since you don't nor have you ever worked for the Federal govt. Go back to Facebook.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed