Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Reemployed Annuitants

Generally speaking, the treatment of a retiree's annuity and pay upon reemployment in the Federal Government depends upon whether he or she retired on the basis of a regular, involuntary, or disability retirement. Potential benefits that may be earned as a result of the reemployment service depend primarily on the length of such service.

Some details on Reemployed Annuitants may be found in a PDF file at OPM's Web Site by clicking here.

If you have questions regarding how this can affect you, feel free to post the quesitons here. Or perhaps you have been through this process before and can offer some helpful suggestions...please share.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
harryloz611  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 9:54:44 AM(UTC)
harryloz611

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm a federal retiree that has been working almost three years under Section 1122 of the 2010 NDAA program that allows for a dual compensation waiver. That program ends in October 2014 right at the time I will have hit 3120 hours for my three year employment. My agency wishes to continue my employment because of unanticipated staffing problems (a death, retirements and younger staff leaving) but the agency is unaware of any movement by OPM to extend the program.

Does anyone have insight on whether this program will be extended or a new program initiated in its place? We are a very small agency so we would have to piggyback on OPM regulations rather than trying to get an exception from the generalized rules.

Thanks

buckeyeguy2010  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 11:22:04 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not sure where, but I think I read somewhere recently that OPM was working on sending a proposal to Congress to either extend the existing OPM regs in this area or create some new ones to replace the existing rules on hiring/continuing to emoloy retired annuitants.
Retreaded DD/GS Careerist
mick504  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 2:32:28 PM(UTC)
mick504

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I don't know the answer...but I am also a rehired annuitant...never worked for 5 years, but am on the rolls of the Dept of Defense, Army as a civilian...for some emergency type services only. Therefore no work, no pay. Anyway I'm also curious for an answer if someone knows of one...thx. I'm currently looking for fulltime govt work...for the right job!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed