Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NSPS - National Security Personnel System

NSPS is the Department of Defense's (DoD) flexible and responsive civilian management system that: (1) values performance and contribution, (2) encourages communication, (3) supports broader skill development, and (4) promotes excellence in the workplace

NSPS modernizes a 50-year-old civil service system, allowing DoD to better attract, recruit, retain, compensate, reward and manage employees. The system focuses on people, performance, and employment decisions that are cost-effective and best for business practice.

(source: Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service)

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LittleFed2016  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 02, 2014 9:57:53 PM(UTC)
LittleFed2016

Groups: Registered
United States

Good day,

How is a salary established when going from GS to STRL? I am a GS-12/6...how will my salary be determined? Will I be offered a salary between the pay band of a GS-12/1 or will I be offered a salary between the pay band of a GS-12/6?

Thank you.
ji_  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 06, 2014 8:14:02 AM(UTC)
ji_

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
What is STRL?
HR Bubba  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:15:22 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 96 post(s)
STRL = Science Technology Research Lab which is a personnel Demonsatrtion Project (i.e., similar to NSPS). Tough question to answer as most demos have some kin do finternal pay setting procedure and without that info I can only give a general answer. At the 12 level you would be converting into either a DB-03 or DE-03 position and if selected from an internal list the action will be processed as a reassignment (DB-03 & DE-03 are banced positions equivalent to GS-12 thru GS-14). There are a couple of options available to mgmt with regard to pay setting; for example, it could be a reassignment with no change in pay or they could give you and increase. Again, without the local pay setting rules I can't say for sure. If you were selected form an external list (open to all US Citizens) then the answer may be different.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed