Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

BRAC - Base Realignment and Closure

The effects of a base closure can be huge - causing much stress and questions. This forum can help with the sharing of ideas, suggestions, and answers of those affected (currently or in the past) by BRAC.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JustStace  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2009 3:27:21 AM(UTC)
JustStace

Groups: Registered

I was required to sign a mobility agreement when I took my current position. I only accepted the position because both my current boss and HR rep said it wasn't firm and they couldn't enforce it; it is basically a way to say 'I am aware that this position is moving and if I don't go with it, I do not get preference when reapplying for GS positions.' Does anyone know if this is accurate, or will I have a black-mark on me when I try to get another position?

I have about 1.5 yrs before the position moves. I will try and find a job in the area in the meantime.

Thanks for your input! Smile
HR Spec 5613  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2009 11:46:54 AM(UTC)
HR Spec 5613

I've never seen a mobility agreement that couldn't be enforced. True, they can't force you to move; they could remove you, in which case you would be ineligible to enroll in the agency's Remployment Priority List (i.e., no preference for other GS positions).

They also cannot stop you from applying for other jobs, or hold it against you for doing so.

Good luck.
JustStace  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:51:06 AM(UTC)
JustStace

That was pretty much what I thought.

Also, I've talked to other GS's in the building and am hearing that the Army agreed to pay for their move. Since I haven't heard any of this, does that mean I'm not eligible? Is there a reason my HR would not have mentioned anything like that?
HR Spec 5613  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:56:44 AM(UTC)
HR Spec 5613

quote:
Originally posted by JustStace:
That was pretty much what I thought.

Also, I've talked to other GS's in the building and am hearing that the Army agreed to pay for their move. Since I haven't heard any of this, does that mean I'm not eligible? Is there a reason my HR would not have mentioned anything like that?

If they reassign you to a new location that is not in the commuting area of your current position, they will pay for the move.

Based on all of your questions regarding the mobility agreement, it sounds like the agreement left out a lot of important information that should have been spelled out.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed