Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TAbramson2014  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:33:31 AM(UTC)
TAbramson2014

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Good afternoon. My name is Teviya, and I am in the process of writing a series of realistic fiction novels. The premise of this series is the fictional existence of a private security agency that provides specialized personal protection for minors in the guise of babysitters and nannies. The agency is not government operated or funded, however they do occasionally provide personnel and intelligence to aid all levels of law enforcement. That being said, I am basing a good deal of the agency's internal processes on those of the FBI and the US Secret Service (due to the agency's founder having been a Secret Service special agent for a good portion of his adult life), and I have a question about the hiring process used by the USSS.

My main character has found the agency's website and has applied for employment. What would be a realistic hiring process, and how long would it approximately take? I know what will be required to include in the application packet (I am on the fence on whether or not I should actually create the application itself-- the details are not relevant to the plot, but doing so may help fle***** out), would that make a difference in the length of time it would take to process the application?

I sincerely appreciate any feedback I may receive in response to this post, and thank you for taking the time to read it.
TAbramson
AwkwardPenguin Productions
Rss Feed  Atom Feed