Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WorkingTitle3484  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2014 3:47:31 PM(UTC)
WorkingTitle3484

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 62 post(s)
We recently were given the Sunday Amazon schedule for 2015. Previously in 2014, one CCA had to travel upto an hour to a larger post office via PO minivan to deliver packages. This gave the other CCAs a break on Sundays. Now, according to the new schedule, they want all CCAs, except one body, to head to a closer PO to deliver every Sunday. In other words, CCAs in our PO will work every day, just like we have been during the holiday season, without any foreseeable day off.

I've enjoyed the hold-down on my route as a T6, yet the last time I had a N/S day that I actually took was probably in October or first week of November. Since then, I've come in every day, 7:30 to 5:30 most days and 6:30 on other days, doing my route plus pieces, thankfully none of which were longer than 90 minutes. I understand that "this is our season," which means we've got little to no choice regarding days off. However, the holidays are over, and I was looking forward to actually having a Sunday off soon...but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

My question is this: To the CCAs, have you received the new Amazon Sunday schedule, and how frequently are you expected to deliver on Sundays? I just wonder if this is a pilot program in our area or if it's nationwide.

Regulars, early in your careers, did you have to report to work every day?

On that final note, have a happy new year, and the first of many bottles of beer has been opened!

Edited by user Wednesday, December 31, 2014 3:49:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quote:
Punch in, do the work, punch out, go home. In other words, get paid. Anything else is silly BS.
thanks 1 user thanked WorkingTitle3484 for this useful post.
boober on 1/1/2015(UTC)
almostanftr  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2014 4:33:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 329 time(s) in 270 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WorkingTitle3484 Go to Quoted Post
We recently were given the Sunday Amazon schedule for 2015. Previously in 2014, one CCA had to travel upto an hour to a larger post office via PO minivan to deliver packages. This gave the other CCAs a break on Sundays. Now, according to the new schedule, they want all CCAs, except one body, to head to a closer PO to deliver every Sunday. In other words, CCAs in our PO will work every day, just like we have been during the holiday season, without any foreseeable day off.

I've enjoyed the hold-down on my route as a T6, yet the last time I had a N/S day that I actually took was probably in October or first week of November. Since then, I've come in every day, 7:30 to 5:30 most days and 6:30 on other days, doing my route plus pieces, thankfully none of which were longer than 90 minutes. I understand that "this is our season," which means we've got little to no choice regarding days off. However, the holidays are over, and I was looking forward to actually having a Sunday off soon...but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

My question is this: To the CCAs, have you received the new Amazon Sunday schedule, and how frequently are you expected to deliver on Sundays? I just wonder if this is a pilot program in our area or if it's nationwide.

Regulars, early in your careers, did you have to report to work every day?

On that final note, have a happy new year, and the first of many bottles of beer has been opened!

Even though some will not believe me or make fun of me, my office has not slowed down at all since Christmas, the mail, flats/ dps has shrunk up to nothing, but the parcels are still off the hook, mad heavy.

To answer your question, our CCA's who do not have hold downs are doing nothing but parcels, they are not coming in at 5am any more, but normal time.
We do not loan any out but others get loaned here, and we are fully staffed.
hang in there.
we had a regular come in today and retire today out of the blue.

CCA'S are not the problem, local stewards who have not grieved even the smallest contract infractions how-ever are the problem.
thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
postalvet on 12/31/2014(UTC), T.E.08 on 12/31/2014(UTC)
ducksworth  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:17:24 PM(UTC)
ducksworth

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 51 post(s)
At our office it depending on how many slaves we had. When we were staffed with around 20 we switched every other Sunday. As people quit & things got heavier everyone was required to work every Sunday. As people get burnt out the employee pool drops & more work is put on all the other poor *******s remaining.
thanks 1 user thanked ducksworth for this useful post.
boober on 12/31/2014(UTC)
alaskamailman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 01, 2015 8:35:24 AM(UTC)
alaskamailman

Was thanked: 502 time(s) in 337 post(s)
AS a PTF carrier I worked Sundays delivering Express. That was about 11 years ago, now they do not have anyone doing Express on Sundays.
thanks 2 users thanked alaskamailman for this useful post.
boober on 1/1/2015(UTC), lastlicks on 1/4/2015(UTC)
boober  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 01, 2015 8:46:34 AM(UTC)
boober

Was thanked: 546 time(s) in 397 post(s)
Originally Posted by: alaskamailman Go to Quoted Post
AS a PTF carrier I worked Sundays delivering Express. That was about 11 years ago, now they do not have anyone doing Express on Sundays.

Same here as a casual, a TE and a PTF.

thanks 1 user thanked boober for this useful post.
lastlicks on 1/4/2015(UTC)
UrbanCowboy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 01, 2015 8:59:14 AM(UTC)
UrbanCowboy

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: boober Go to Quoted Post

We do them along with our Sunday Amazon deliveries.

Back to the original question. I'm sure they just want all hands on deck at first until they can guage how many they actually need. In our office, we started off with 5 CCA's and 4 rural Amazon runners. Now we only use 2 of each on Sundays so we just rotate it around and work about every 3rd Sunday. Unless of course you want to volunteer-then you can work as many Sundays in a row as you want. That's how it is in our office anyway.
thanks 1 user thanked UrbanCowboy for this useful post.
boober on 1/1/2015(UTC)
JimmyJack94  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 01, 2015 9:22:56 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
We do every other Sundays here (except for the last month with holiday volume) because we have the staff. When it's a holiday week (Veterans Day, Columbus Day, MLK Day, etc...), we do either Sunday or the holiday.

Our management isn't completely sadistic and makes sure we get a day off during the week if we work a Sunday.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
boober on 1/1/2015(UTC)
J.A  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 03, 2015 7:14:26 PM(UTC)
J.A

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I've been working every Sunday since it started. We have 9 CCA's. 5 just got converted right before Amazon started. I think the original plan was to rotate the 14 CCA's that we had, but that isn't exactly possible now.

Edited by user Saturday, January 03, 2015 7:16:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked J.A for this useful post.
WorkingTitle3484 on 1/4/2015(UTC)
alaskamailman  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 03, 2015 7:25:26 PM(UTC)
alaskamailman

WorkingTitle- They could schedule you every Sunday if they want. Nothing says they have to rotate CCAs if they do not want to.
thanks 3 users thanked alaskamailman for this useful post.
almostanftr on 1/3/2015(UTC), WorkingTitle3484 on 1/4/2015(UTC), lastlicks on 1/4/2015(UTC)
WorkingTitle3484  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 4:19:03 AM(UTC)
WorkingTitle3484

United States

Thanks Alaska.

It turns out the new supervisor has it out for me because he thinks I ask too many questions when we're talking about times back after he's given me a piece (How's DPS looking today? Have you considered Advos and third bundles? Did you realize the travel time between X and Y?). Every N/S day that's on my hold down has been changed to a work day; I won't be seeing a day off for the foreseeable future. I'm not worried about it because it's extra cash in the bank! I am being safe about it nowadays; I case accurately and I deliver safely. Gone are the days of trying to beat the MSP time! At this point, I'm only concerned about making it back without too many back pains.

Edited by user Sunday, January 04, 2015 4:20:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Word choice

Quote:
Punch in, do the work, punch out, go home. In other words, get paid. Anything else is silly BS.
WorkingTitle3484  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 4:24:19 AM(UTC)
WorkingTitle3484

United States

Thanks Frustrated.

I and the other CCAs in my PO have been working every Sunday since mid-October. I think I'm logging the most hours though because of the hold down and extra pieces. Plus, I'm not crazy about Amazon Sundays, as easy as they are, mainly because I think everybody needs a break once in a while. People are more productive when they've had some rest. If they want to work me every Sunday, fine. That just means I'll be more cautious and careful with each step.
Quote:
alaskamailman  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 8:05:00 AM(UTC)
alaskamailman

WorkingTitle- They do not like to be questioned only obeyed. Sounds like you have the right attitude. Be safe- do you best- and bank the overtime. Eventually they will find a new person to bother and abuse if they can not ruffle your feathers. They really hate it when CCAs get converted because they lose the ability to use them as they please.
thanks 3 users thanked alaskamailman for this useful post.
lastlicks on 1/4/2015(UTC), stillstuckhere on 1/4/2015(UTC), almostanftr on 1/5/2015(UTC)
J.A  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 05, 2015 3:53:06 PM(UTC)
J.A

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 12 post(s)
@Workingtitle3484- yesterday they had us start at 9am to deliver the amazon packages, and they decided to only have 5 CCA's this weekend. Last weekend they had all 8. Supervisor told PM that we were done amazon at 1:30 so he sent us out with NON amazon packages to deliver. Anyways, he was wrong, we weren't done with amazon that early. So, the PM said "oh, perfect, lets cut down to 5 to save some hours since they finished early" And let me mention the fact that our PM is having the clerks sort parcels saturday night (amazon, ups, fedex) so in the morning it isn't just amazon, it's all mixed up. Long story short, we basically each had to take 5-6 routes worth of parcels (anywhere from 4-8 hampers) We didn't get back until 8PM. PM is really smart, considering we all went into Penalty time. I'm sure a lot will be changing for next weekend.
almostanftr  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 05, 2015 5:42:49 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 329 time(s) in 270 post(s)
Originally Posted by: boober Go to Quoted Post

Same here as a TE, express only.

Amazons are more challenging though, and more hours.
CCA'S are not the problem, local stewards who have not grieved even the smallest contract infractions how-ever are the problem.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed