Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
212 Pages«<210211212
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drd  
#4221 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2022 3:00:46 PM(UTC)
drd

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For more support and information related to the upcoming DI class (57), starting in July, go to Discord https://discord.com/chan...0756/849829222486900759.
MCR123  
#4222 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2022 4:13:33 AM(UTC)
MCR123

United States

Hey guys, hope all is well. I just got the email regarding the interview. When I applied I only selected one location. How will this play out as far as location selection as I really want to stay where I'm at? I know the mobility agreement (I'm a vet and willing to move but I just bought a house lol).

I applied last September and took the test on October.

Best Regards,
MCR123
drd  
#4223 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2022 4:59:58 AM(UTC)
drd

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
MCR123 - the members of DI Class 56 and 57 will tell you to live your life. Several members have been waiting up to 6 years before getting their acceptance into the academy (1 was accepted in a prior class but the long wait resulted in HR discovering that new medicals and backgrounds needed to be done and that delayed her entry into that class. When she was finally offered Class 57, she turned it down because she had just found another position in the private sector that paid at the GS13 level), Even with the "expedited" background check, it could take a couple of years. If you pass the interview, medical, and background/reference checks, you will then be put on hold. Every 6 months, you might get something that will make you think, "Yes! Now is the time", only to wait for another 6 months. One day, you'll receive a form asking which one of these stations you would most like to go to (in order). If you REALLY want the job, it is suggested that you choose the "anywhere" box first, and choose at least one or two of the "we really need people here." You may or may not get chosen for a class. Some Class 56 and 57 applicants received that form 2 or 3 times! Also, some people got their first choice, while others (who didn't choose "anywhere") ended up selected for a station that was not even on their list (Hello, Des Moines!). If you go to discord, you will be able to easily speak with people going into the current class. I will sum up their response, though....live your life, enjoy our house, likely you will be waiting 3 to 5 years from now for an academy class.
thanks 2 users thanked drd for this useful post.
GrayBeard on 5/19/2022(UTC), MCR123 on 5/20/2022(UTC)
Browsermidwest  
#4224 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2022 7:01:37 AM(UTC)
Browsermidwest

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: drd Go to Quoted Post
MCR123 - the members of DI Class 56 and 57 will tell you to live your life. Several members have been waiting up to 6 years before getting their acceptance into the academy (1 was accepted in a prior class but the long wait resulted in HR discovering that new medicals and backgrounds needed to be done and that delayed her entry into that class. When she was finally offered Class 57, she turned it down because she had just found another position in the private sector that paid at the GS13 level), Even with the "expedited" background check, it could take a couple of years. If you pass the interview, medical, and background/reference checks, you will then be put on hold. Every 6 months, you might get something that will make you think, "Yes! Now is the time", only to wait for another 6 months. One day, you'll receive a form asking which one of these stations you would most like to go to (in order). If you REALLY want the job, it is suggested that you choose the "anywhere" box first, and choose at least one or two of the "we really need people here." You may or may not get chosen for a class. Some Class 56 and 57 applicants received that form 2 or 3 times! Also, some people got their first choice, while others (who didn't choose "anywhere") ended up selected for a station that was not even on their list (Hello, Des Moines!). If you go to discord, you will be able to easily speak with people going into the current class. I will sum up their response, though....live your life, enjoy our house, likely you will be waiting 3 to 5 years from now for an academy class.

Agreed. I applied in 2018 Aug and *JUST* got my reference checks last month for "accelerated" processing (which could still take 12-24 months, at most anyway). It's been 4 years since I applied, and if ALL things go well, I don't foresee going to the academy for at least another year. By then it would be nearing 5-6 years *since* I applied in Aug 2018.
I'm certain the rest of my screening will clear and I'll get offered a spot - but, in the middle of all of this I decided to accept temporary work abroad. I'll move back once I get a spot in the academy.

Goodluck!
TxShortie88  
#4225 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2022 4:29:26 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 50 post(s)
New listing for anyone interested or wanting to pass along

https://www.usajobs.gov/job/656885400
Dogmom  
#4226 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2022 7:41:36 AM(UTC)
Dogmom

United States

Has anyone from the December 2021 posting received their results from the Phase 2 test?
GrayBeard  
#4227 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2022 11:29:54 AM(UTC)
GrayBeard

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post

If we're already in the process, there's no reason to apply again to the new posting, right?
TxShortie88  
#4228 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2022 4:04:42 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Correct. They will more than likely close it out. They did that with mine.

Originally Posted by: GrayBeard Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post

If we're already in the process, there's no reason to apply again to the new posting, right?

thanks 1 user thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
GrayBeard on 5/27/2022(UTC)
TxShortie88  
#4229 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2022 6:51:41 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

WishToBeFed...your inbox is full
But_Why  
#4230 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2022 10:22:30 AM(UTC)
But_Why

United States

Originally Posted by: Dogmom Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone from the December 2021 posting received their results from the Phase 2 test?

I applied Dec 2021 too and took the test End of March 2022 haven’t heard anything but from what I’m reading in this forum it could take 6-8 months after proctored exam to hear for an interview. Then background, medical, etc. could take years! Let’s happily wait!
TxShortie88  
#4231 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 9:50:48 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Class 57 is now full, per HR.
GearUp  
#4232 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 2:05:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 699 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Wishing all a happy 4th of July. Please be careful and be safe. And to all of you who were selected to attend DI-57 - congrats! Welcome to the DEA family. As you prepare to head out for training, keep in mind that the class is only a few weeks long in the large scheme of things. Just follow the rules and take it one day at a time. Don't stress and don't over think things. The training staff and instructors aren't there to fail you. They're there to help you get through the training and to graduate. Watch your attitude. Don't be a "know it all." Don't be afraid to ask questions. Watch who you hang with. Don't get a bad reputation as a complainer or trouble maker. Go along with the program and don't try to fight it. Take care of yourselves and your fellow classmates. Cooperate and graduate!!! Before you know it you'll be in the field putting everything you learned into practice. Good luck to you all. Again, congrats!
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
GrayBeard on 6/30/2022(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed