Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
153 Pages«<151152153
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gatekeeper  
#3041 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 4:33:22 AM(UTC)
Gatekeeper

Groups: Unapproved
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So, is the July class simply speculation at this point, or is there something concrete to back that up?

Also, a partial non-sequitur; I'm planning on taking some additional EMT classes to keep me occupied if the wait is going to be a whole semester. I know that the agency has Paramedics, but does anyone know if that's limited to Special Agents only? I'd totally be interested in that as a support function.
Vjurado  
#3042 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 4:54:57 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gatekeeper Go to Quoted Post
August '18 applicant, I have my medical on Tuesday 10 December.

Fingers crossed!

Good luck!!
thanks 1 user thanked Vjurado for this useful post.
Gatekeeper on 12/6/2019(UTC)
Gatekeeper  
#3043 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 4:57:20 AM(UTC)
Gatekeeper

United States

Originally Posted by: FinCrimesJD Go to Quoted Post
2018 applicant, also finished my medical as of yesterday.

For those that have had their SF86 and BI before, what advice can you give to us that haven't?

I've been through Federal investigations through the bank and for Highway Patrol, but I partially feel this is a bit different than anything I've gone through before.

Any advise, aside from being honest, would be appreciated.

Be honest, be accurate, and be current.
Additionally, be honest.
Finally, be honest.

I know I sound like I'm being facetious, they're more willing to let you explain something that happened and find a way to work around it than they are if your investigator has to find out about it on their own. They're not exactly the understanding type if something is withheld, because it speaks to your character, which is a component of the investigation.
thanks 1 user thanked Gatekeeper for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 12/6/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3044 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 5:50:00 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 71 post(s)
So, is the July class simply speculation at this point, or is there something concrete to back that up?

Also, a partial non-sequitur; I'm planning on taking some additional EMT classes to keep me occupied if the wait is going to be a whole semester. I know that the agency has Paramedics, but does anyone know if that's limited to Special Agents only? I'd totally be interested in that as a support function.

They recently said "tentatively", which based on experience means it isn't finalized yet or concrete. So it could possibly change as far as the July class.
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Gatekeeper on 12/6/2019(UTC)
GearUp  
#3045 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 7:12:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 557 time(s) in 190 post(s)
Gatekeeper,

Classes are always "tentative." Anything can cancel a class. There could be funding issues, scheduling issues and lack of qualified/cleared candidates. Anything can cancel a class. Classes can be rescheduled as well. So the July class could be moved to August. Everything is flexible. Even the February class is considered "tentative" until the day it actually starts. Unlikely it will be canceled but it could. But the July class is definitely considered tentative.

As for EMTs. Sorry but those positions are limited to Special Agents only. They even send those who want the training to school and get them nationally certified. The kit they are issued is awesome - only the best.
thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
Gatekeeper on 12/6/2019(UTC), luckydevil on 12/6/2019(UTC)
Gatekeeper  
#3046 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 7:21:41 AM(UTC)
Gatekeeper

United States

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
Gatekeeper,

Classes are always "tentative." Anything can cancel a class. There could be funding issues, scheduling issues and lack of qualified/cleared candidates. Anything can cancel a class. Classes can be rescheduled as well. So the July class could be moved to August. Everything is flexible. Even the February class is considered "tentative" until the day it actually starts. Unlikely it will be canceled but it could. But the July class is definitely considered tentative.

As for EMTs. Sorry but those positions are limited to Special Agents only. They even send those who want the training to school and get them nationally certified. The kit they are issued is awesome - only the best.

Bummer about needing to be SA to be a Medic. I guess I'll just keep doing them for personal edification; you never know when they'll come in handy.

I was more concerned about the class being rescheduled earlier versus later, because I'm trying to "keep hope alive," as they say while I wait, and keep myself in a student mindset, without dedicating considerable time and energy (and money) to a college course I can't complete. I'm also trying to study the contents of 21 CFR so that I have -SOMETHING- to build on in the academy, but regulations are usually difficult to retain without a context to attach it to.

Edited by user Friday, December 6, 2019 7:53:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification

temeriti  
#3047 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 1:31:23 PM(UTC)
temeriti

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
So now that y’all have crushed my hopes and dreams by telling me I’m DEFINITELY not getting in the next class (sniff sniff), does anyone have any idea of whether or not you can potentially negotiate for a higher grade due to the passage of time and additional acquired experience and training? Also, how does the relocation thingie work from the first move? And pretty much any other information anyone’s willing to impart. :)
Gatekeeper  
#3048 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 3:30:26 PM(UTC)
Gatekeeper

United States

I'm actually curious about how the move works, too. I currently own my house, and if I don't stay local, I'll obviously have to sell it. No way I'm going to deal with the hassle of renting it to people.
Vjurado  
#3049 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 4:11:19 PM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'm actually curious about how the move works, too. I currently own my house, and if I don't stay local, I'll obviously have to sell it. No way I'm going to deal with the hassle of renting it to people.

My wife and I have discussed possible move also. We, too, own our home and have decided we'd have a broker be rental/ property manager. It's extra income and the peace of mind someone local is taking care of property. Of course, have a broker/agent you trust
Rss Feed  Atom Feed