Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
171 Pages«<169170171
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sdiceman  
#3401 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 6:33:22 AM(UTC)
sdiceman

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Well, just a quick update. As I posted yesterday, I received the same letter as Deezy. I spoke to HRRD, as I was under the impression that I had cleared suitability last Fall, as I have received two preference sheets since then. They explained that I only “tentatively” cleared suitability, and they were waiting for my full background to come back before making a final decision. Unfortunately, that decision was not in my favor. It’s devastating after spending 24+ months in the hiring process. I am a 13-year former Federal law-enforcement officer who only left my career in order to be the caregiver for a dying family member. The fact that they make it so difficult to return to Federal employment is very unfair.
thanks 2 users thanked sdiceman for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 7/9/2020(UTC), luckydevil on 7/9/2020(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3402 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 6:50:30 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 90 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sdiceman Go to Quoted Post
Well, just a quick update. As I posted yesterday, I received the same letter as Deezy. I spoke to HRRD, as I was under the impression that I had cleared suitability last Fall, as I have received two preference sheets since then. They explained that I only “tentatively” cleared suitability, and they were waiting for my full background to come back before making a final decision. Unfortunately, that decision was not in my favor. It’s devastating after spending 24+ months in the hiring process. I am a 13-year former Federal law-enforcement officer who only left my career in order to be the caregiver for a dying family member. The fact that they make it so difficult to return to Federal employment is very unfair.

I’m so sorry. Did they give you a reason like Deezy?
sdiceman  
#3403 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 7:09:16 AM(UTC)
sdiceman

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post

I’m so sorry. Did they give you a reason like Deezy?

Thank you. They cited a “non-selection action” under 5 CFR 731.203 (b) in the letter, but they couldn’t or wouldn’t elaborate on the telephone or email correspondence as to the specific reason.
thanks 1 user thanked sdiceman for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 7/9/2020(UTC)
FederalJobDreaming  
#3404 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:31:32 PM(UTC)
FederalJobDreaming

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
To Deezy and sdiceman, I hope this just means something better is out there for you. Something you wouldn’t have the opportunity to experience if you got this job. I can’t imagine the disappointment and I’m so sorry to hear all this time and anticipation was in vain.
thanks 1 user thanked FederalJobDreaming for this useful post.
sdiceman on 7/9/2020(UTC)
Deezy  
#3405 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 3:58:50 AM(UTC)
Deezy

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Actually, because of the scrutiny into nearly every aspect of my life I've improved my financial situation immensely and improved my health substantially. As a result I found the woman of my dreams. Good luck to all of you. I hope, win or lose, you come out better!
thanks 2 users thanked Deezy for this useful post.
FewcherFed on 7/10/2020(UTC), Candidate84 on 7/10/2020(UTC)
FewcherFed  
#3406 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 4:28:58 AM(UTC)
FewcherFed

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sdiceman Go to Quoted Post

I am sorry to hear that. We may not know the full story but it sure doesn't leave a lot of hope out there. Not that hope is anything you're suppose to display when trying to attain this job. Without having all the details, I can say, it seems as though this job is more extra in their hiring process than with others that carry weapons and have more responsibilities. Its interesting.
Candidate84  
#3407 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 5:19:08 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Deezy Go to Quoted Post
Actually, because of the scrutiny into nearly every aspect of my life I've improved my financial situation immensely and improved my health substantially. As a result I found the woman of my dreams. Good luck to all of you. I hope, win or lose, you come out better!

Someone who takes these kinds of lemons and makes lemonade is undoubtedly going to do well in life. Victory awaits! Good luck!
GearUp  
#3408 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 6:55:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 622 time(s) in 209 post(s)
Very sorry to hear that folks didn't get selected. It's a tough job to get. There are, currently, less than 500 DI's worldwide. Our authorized DI staffing level isn't too much higher so the process is very very selective. DEA get thousands of applications for only a few vacancies. If you hadn't noticed the last announcement would close before the actual close date once 4,000 applications had been filed. Its tough to get the "thanks but no thanks" e-mail but not everyone can get selected. Just not enough vacancies.
thanks 5 users thanked for this useful post.
FederalDreams on 7/10/2020(UTC), luckydevil on 7/10/2020(UTC), Candidate84 on 7/10/2020(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 7/10/2020(UTC), Imw8ng4DEA on 7/10/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed