Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
208 Pages«<206207208
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mf5099  
#4141 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 1:34:30 PM(UTC)
mf5099

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: NewMo Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, I have heard back from work references that they were reached out to on my behalf. Any idea what comes next in the application process, and how long it took some of you?

I completed a references document that was sent to me by HR in June, and they contacted the work references I listed there. Then I had to provide all that info again as part of the eQIP in August, but the only people I know of that the background investigator has contacted are personal references. I've been in the background process for about five months now, but haven't gotten any calls or requests for more information in about two months, so I'm not really sure where I stand at this point. I did reach out to HR in December though, and they basically said I was still in the background phase and they had no idea when it would be completed. As far as I understand, next step after background is preference sheet. Long process for sure.
Prep  
#4142 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 12:33:30 PM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NewMo Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, I have heard back from work references that they were reached out to on my behalf. Any idea what comes next in the application process, and how long it took some of you?

After my work references were contacted, it was about a month later that I got the preference sheet. FYI-I provided my work references 2 times during the entire application process (mine was a 3 year process, BTW), however, my work references were only contacted once.
Dogmom  
#4143 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 12:59:00 PM(UTC)
Dogmom

United States

Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post
Once you apply, you should get an email to do a questionnaire. If you pass, you will get an email invite to set up a proctored test at a testing location. If you pass that, you will be contacted for an interview.

Originally Posted by: stephanie Go to Quoted Post
Thank you. It also mentioned, they plan on doing interviews in late March.

How long does It take to hear back about an email to set up a proctored test from the time the questionnaire was taken?
TxShortie88  
#4144 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 1:13:43 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I received mine within a couple of weeks. Then it was about a year before interview.

How long does It take to hear back about an email to set up a proctored test from the time the questionnaire was taken?

thanks 1 user thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
Dogmom on 1/5/2022(UTC)
Dogmom  
#4145 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 1:35:33 PM(UTC)
Dogmom

United States

I received mine within a couple of weeks. Then it was about a year before interview.

The recent DI posting said interviews are tentatively scheduled for March. I’m not sure if That will actually happen but I hope to get an email about the test soon I completed the questionnaire two weeks ago!
TxShortie88  
#4146 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 2:08:31 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

I just checked my announcement to see if it said when. It listed a month but that wasn't when they did interviews. lol. They use that word "tentative" for everything. They are govt after all.

Originally Posted by: Dogmom Go to Quoted Post

The recent DI posting said interviews are tentatively scheduled for March. I’m not sure if That will actually happen but I hope to get an email about the test soon I completed the questionnaire two weeks ago!

Dogmom on 1/5/2022(UTC)
Prep  
#4147 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2022 11:25:20 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 21 post(s)

This was my timeline. These timeframes may be different from what you may experience. I hope this helps!

Applied May 2018
Tested July 2018
Panel Interview April 2019
Drug and Medical Tests/Exams November/December 2019
Completed my Eqip online January 2020
Interview for background March 2020 (2 days before everything shut down for COVID)
Preference sheet April 2021
Final offer May 14, 2021

If I remember correctly, after I applied, it took maybe about a month and half to get an email about scheduling the test I took in July 2018.

Edited by user Friday, January 7, 2022 12:09:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarity

thanks 1 user thanked Prep for this useful post.
Dogmom on 1/8/2022(UTC)
Fiives  
#4148 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 3:39:50 PM(UTC)
Fiives

United States

Anyone have any knowledge about how far in advance they send out preference sheets for academy? I’m guessing the earliest the next one will be is this summer.
TxShortie88  
#4149 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 4:40:06 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

The next academy is currently scheduled for June. From previous postings, it looks like the EARLIEST people get preference sheets is about a month prior to academy. But there have been "take XYZ location or leave it" phone calls on a Friday afternoon when the academy begins that Monday.

Originally Posted by: Fiives Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have any knowledge about how far in advance they send out preference sheets for academy? I’m guessing the earliest the next one will be is this summer.

Fiives on 1/14/2022(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed