Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
129 Pages«<127128129
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sky525  
#2561 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 9:26:22 PM(UTC)
Sky525

Groups: Registered

Thanks so much Gearup! Thanks for your response. It's painful! I just kind of question myself as a good candidate when none of the places I chose were offered. Anyway, I was the one to turn it down. I am lucky, I am already GS11 but I was hoping to contribute to the DEA mission and was thinking it would provide for better work/life balance than my current position with the Goverment. I'm thankful for the opportunity to go through the process and to all of you for your posts. :)
GearUp  
#2562 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 5:45:10 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 507 time(s) in 174 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sky525 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks so much Gearup! Thanks for your response. It's painful! I just kind of question myself as a good candidate when none of the places I chose were offered. Anyway, I was the one to turn it down. I am lucky, I am already GS11 but I was hoping to contribute to the DEA mission and was thinking it would provide for better work/life balance than my current position with the Goverment. I'm thankful for the opportunity to go through the process and to all of you for your posts. :)

Don't beat yourself up over it. You were an excellent candidate or you wouldn't have gotten the call. It's a very selective process and only the best get to the point you did. Unfortunately there just wasn't a vacancy available at an office at this time that met your needs. You have to do what's right for you and your family. SO know that you were good enough. The timing wasn't. Hold your head high and take care of yourself.

Proud2B  
#2563 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 6:23:50 AM(UTC)
Proud2B

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I feel your pain....I am a 2/2017 applicant and received a call yesterday with an FOE. I am a 20+ year law enforcement officer who would be retiring from my current position, to become a DI. With my current position there is really no way to go through the retirement process on such short notice.

I have a caseload, pending court appearances, pension system paperwork submission requirements, pistol permits to obtain and tons of department equipment to turn in... At this point I was really just hoping that I would be pushed to the next class and now I am basically being forced to decline the offer.

temeriti  
#2564 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 7:24:15 AM(UTC)
temeriti

United States

Originally Posted by: Proud2B Go to Quoted Post
I feel your pain....I am a 2/2017 applicant and received a call yesterday with an FOE. I am a 20+ year law enforcement officer who would be retiring from my current position, to become a DI. With my current position there is really no way to go through the retirement process on such short notice.

I have a caseload, pending court appearances, pension system paperwork submission requirements, pistol permits to obtain and tons of department equipment to turn in... At this point I was really just hoping that I would be pushed to the next class and now I am basically being forced to decline the offer.

Oh man, that's muy no bueno. Did you request to be pushed back to the next class to have time to get your various affairs in order?? They've always been really helpful anytime I've called. (And that's, uh, a lot. :D)
Proud2B  
#2565 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:14:09 AM(UTC)
Proud2B

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
They are not inclined to offer a deferment, which seems awfully unfair.
temeriti  
#2566 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:44:21 AM(UTC)
temeriti

United States

Unfair indeed, but rather typical of the federal government I'm afraid. "Wait forever on us, but you'd better be ready when we are!" :x
kywilson  
#2567 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:34:25 AM(UTC)
kywilson

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For those reading this blog, don't give up hope just yet. I just received my call from HR yesterday. Ironically, it coincided with my birthday so it was a good day. Hope you get the call soon.
thanks 6 users thanked kywilson for this useful post.
thebsktrbbit on 6/15/2019(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 6/15/2019(UTC), Glitterypink29 on 6/15/2019(UTC), Shyguy on 6/15/2019(UTC), Sebco52 on 6/15/2019(UTC), luckydevil on 6/16/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed