Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
69 Pages«<676869
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SouperFed  
#1361 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:50:09 PM(UTC)
SouperFed

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shooter Go to Quoted Post
I generally get contacted by the same person, except for my medical and eqip emails. The person I contact when I need something is the same person I got my TO from. You might want to check there first. My HR person is very good about responding.

I emailed my HR person today after seeing the previous post about the BI falling through the cracks, just to make sure mine is still on track. I was basically told they haven't received my ok for clearance or ok for interim yet, and once they do, they will then send out location preferences. It looks like they are still doing interim clearances, from what I understand from my email.

It's good to hear they are planning to do interims for the upcoming class because my case has been bogged down at OPM for almost 4 months even though I confirmed that my case was completed and released to OPM HQ shortly after my BI interview.

The bad news is that I'm kind of pessimistic that I'll be offered an interim because I was not given one for the May class even though my timeline was ahead of others who are currently at the academy. It seems like they would've done it back then if they were going to do it. I have no idea what the criteria are for an interim and they unexplicably will not reveal that information. I don't understand the lack of transparency about that particular question. I've just got to hope my clearance miraculously comes through in the next few weeks or that I'm selected for an interim this time around. Fingers crossed.
JM06  
#1362 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 5:57:57 AM(UTC)
JM06

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Guys we have to relax. I know the lack of information and suspense is eating at us, but like I've mentioned before, we still have time for things to come through before the next class. We SHOULD be hearing something within the next couple of weeks if our packages are on track for October.

Now I am absolutely sorry to hear one of our members had some issues with the proper submission of her BI. I have no words to describe that feeling or how it happened or why it happened. I will agree that it sucks OPM investigators, contractors or government personnel, are sooo overloaded they cannot do what they need to do & submit their findings in a timely manner for ALL of us.
Fed Investigator  
#1363 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 7:02:45 PM(UTC)
Fed Investigator

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 82 post(s)
So how much math is actually used day to day on the job.

Quite frankly, that written test scared me. It's been years since I've done that much math. I mean I passed, so that's good, but if the every day is like that, yikes.
Serpico  
#1364 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:11:16 PM(UTC)
Serpico

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Looks like class 48 will be graduating soon! hope that we hear something soon after! Anyone get any word????
JM06  
#1365 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:39:02 PM(UTC)
JM06

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I would like to know how federal training centers conduct operations/training during holiday times. If we are selected for the October class, we're gonna be there for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, so are we allowed home visits, half days, or do we push thru every single day until graduation?
Angel7368  
#1366 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 7:49:01 AM(UTC)
Angel7368

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JM06 Go to Quoted Post
I would like to know how federal training centers conduct operations/training during holiday times. If we are selected for the October class, we're gonna be there for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, so are we allowed home visits, half days, or do we push thru every single day until graduation?

JM,

You're allowed to go home over holidays, but the time you get is limited. Usually you get a half day before the holiday and maybe the day after and you're responsible for paying your way home, back and to and from the airport. So if you live pretty far, you're probably not going to get home. :/
thanks 1 user thanked Angel7368 for this useful post.
JM06 on 7/24/2017(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed