Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
191 Pages«<189190191
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luckydevil  
#3801 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 7:48:30 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Prep Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Prep Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Hey all this is super tentative so please don’t bombard HR with questions lol but I spoke with them and next class is tentatively set for July 18th. Again, this is very subject to change at the moment, but hopefully that means we will be seeing preference sheets in the next few months. Again, they said that’s the date they are looking at but nothing set in stone yet.

Good Morning!

Just a scenario here: If I was going to be in the July class, then I should get the Preference Sheet sometime in April?

Also, once I do the Preference Sheet, will the only way I know I'll be in the (tentative) July class is they contact me and say "Hey, you're in the class!" and not hearing anything would translate into "You are not in the July class"?

Thanks for all your information! I've gone back a few pages and read all the posts, and you have a lot more info than I've ever gotten. I did have to reach out to my HR person about something recently. I questioned her then about the next steps after the BI is done. THAT was when I got the info on Preference Sheets (from them directly). Until then, I had no clue. I came here and saw everyone talking about them.

Correct if you are eligible for the class you will receive a preference sheet. Ofcourse, this doesn’t guarantee you make the class. If you are selected for the class, you will receive a call with your final offer/location. If you didn’t make the class, they don’t tell you. Crickets equates to not selected lol. From my experience, if you aren’t called by 2 weeks before the class you didn’t make it. Most calls go out around the same few weeks. But sometimes some get called last minute. This is my 3rd class waiting on.

Thank you so much! May I ask you one more thing? Sorry, I know my HR person is slammed, and while she is extremely nice, I don't wanna press. LOL I tried to get some clarification from her on how the Preference Sheet work and what it was all about. She said-if I understood her correctly-that THEY would list some offices/cities and states where they had availabilities, and I would choose my top 3 and return it. Now, from what I've read here, it's kind of the opposite. I list my top 3 (or more, from what I've seen here) places and then they see if they have a spot available in one of those areas that I provide and if they have an opening, then off to class I would go. If not, well, I continue to wait.

So the way it has been is you get a list of all the DI offices and you rank your top 7 preferences in order. They have told me whether you get selected is based on several factors: “how long you have been waiting for a class, veteran status, your preferences on locations, and the needs of the DEA.”
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Prep on 3/5/2021(UTC)
Prep  
#3802 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 8:09:35 AM(UTC)
Prep

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank you again, luckydevil!

I hope you get called for the next one! Have a great day!
thanks 1 user thanked Prep for this useful post.
luckydevil on 3/5/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed