Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
137 Pages«<133134135136137>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Extrarely  
#2681 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 1:07:49 PM(UTC)
Extrarely

Groups: Registered
United States

How long does the proctored test take to complete? The email says we get 210 minutes but I didn’t know what the average was or what some of you did it in.
Critter82  
#2682 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 1:09:36 PM(UTC)
Critter82

United States

I took all 4 hours. I double checked my work. Last 1 there and I passed.
USMC03  
#2683 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 3:08:30 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Extrarely Go to Quoted Post
How long does the proctored test take to complete? The email says we get 210 minutes but I didn’t know what the average was or what some of you did it in.

About 4 hours
BHP  
#2684 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 3:45:50 PM(UTC)
BHP

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I think I was out of there in maybe 90 minutes? I guess I really rushed it compared to some others, but I'm a former over-analyzer and over-thinker so I've worked hard on going with instincts and trusting my first answer (obviously with some double checking where I think I need it). The only section that I took the full time was the writing.
USMC03  
#2685 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 6:36:37 PM(UTC)
USMC03

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Have you guys gotten emails yet? I haven’t received anything
Extrarely  
#2686 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 6:28:12 AM(UTC)
Extrarely

United States

Originally Posted by: USMC03 Go to Quoted Post
Have you guys gotten emails yet? I haven’t received anything

I got the email about a week or so ago that said I was eligible to take the next assessment. Going in today, hopefully it goes well! I’ll report back once complete.
Extrarely  
#2687 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 1:50:28 PM(UTC)
Extrarely

United States

Test took about 45 minutes 😂 think the judgement section maybe took me about 20-25 minutes but the math and essay were quick. Good luck all!
Fedjob02  
#2688 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 2:31:13 PM(UTC)
Fedjob02

United States

I took my assessment today and when I was reading the instructions prior to the exam it did state the results are valid for a year. (I took the same test 9 months ago)

Originally Posted by: Fedjob02 Go to Quoted Post
I completed (and passed) my DEA DI Assessment in October 2018 for a previous vacancy announcement.

Today I received an email to schedule my DEA DI Assessment for a recent vacancy.

Are the assessment scores (or interviews) valid for certain period of time?

Thanks.

CharlesW0513  
#2689 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 9:36:55 PM(UTC)
CharlesW0513

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For the August 2018 applicants, I spoke with them they said we should be receiving emails real soon since they filled the class if you were recommenced after the interview. Be on the lookout.
thanks 4 users thanked CharlesW0513 for this useful post.
mvp375 on 7/23/2019(UTC), Fedjob02 on 7/23/2019(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 7/23/2019(UTC), stimpy729 on 7/24/2019(UTC)
SkH_02  
#2690 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 11:28:24 AM(UTC)
SkH_02

United States

Yeah, I got the option to schedule proctored exam about a week or so ago; taking it Thursday. I'll try to let you know about my experience. Hoping updates and progress go a little quicker than previous posts would lead on.
bestbrian  
#2691 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 3:39:24 PM(UTC)
bestbrian

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Took my exam today. Went very well, and I felt very good about it, until I experienced some technical issues. I had completed the essay portion with a few minutes left, and was doing a little proofreading, when a big Windows pop up froze the screen and gave me the option “Leave” “Stay on page”. I clicked Stay, and it promptly returned. I couldn’t clear that damn pop up, and it prevented me from closing the exam.

The Procter cleared the screen, and when he went to resume the exam, it showed as complete, and wouldn’t allow me to resume. He filed an incident report, and someone should get back to me as they look into it further. Now I remember reading reading here that someone ran out of time, and it auto saved and submitted his essay, but has anyone run into this technical glitch before? If it saved and submitted that’s fine, as I was finished, but how do I get assurance that it didn’t submit a blank essay?
luckydevil  
#2692 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 3:45:07 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bestbrian Go to Quoted Post
Took my exam today. Went very well, and I felt very good about it, until I experienced some technical issues. I had completed the essay portion with a few minutes left, and was doing a little proofreading, when a big Windows pop up froze the screen and gave me the option “Leave” “Stay on page”. I clicked Stay, and it promptly returned. I couldn’t clear that damn pop up, and it prevented me from closing the exam.

The Procter cleared the screen, and when he went to resume the exam, it showed as complete, and wouldn’t allow me to resume. He filed an incident report, and someone should get back to me as they look into it further. Now I remember reading reading here that someone ran out of time, and it auto saved and submitted his essay, but has anyone run into this technical glitch before? If it saved and submitted that’s fine, as I was finished, but how do I get assurance that it didn’t submit a blank essay?

That happened to me actually. They assured me it saved. I was done and got some weird pop up. Dont remember what it was and it just exited the exam. They couldn't get back in but assured me it saved. I passed fine so I think you'll be ok.
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
bestbrian on 7/27/2019(UTC)
bestbrian  
#2693 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:14:05 PM(UTC)
bestbrian

United States

Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post

That happened to me actually. They assured me it saved. I was done and got some weird pop up. Dont remember what it was and it just exited the exam. They couldn't get back in but assured me it saved. I passed fine so I think you'll be ok.

Thanks, Dude.
clbrze  
#2694 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:16:17 PM(UTC)
clbrze

Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post

Literally the exact thing happened to me today. Thanks for easing my mind!
stimpy729  
#2695 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 9:07:13 AM(UTC)
stimpy729

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This happened to me and it ended up auto saving what I typed. I followed up in a few weeks and they told me I had passed to the next phase.

thanks 1 user thanked stimpy729 for this useful post.
bestbrian on 7/29/2019(UTC)
HafFull  
#2696 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 5:03:22 PM(UTC)
HafFull

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
August 2018 applicant here. This is my first time posting, I’ve popped on and off and seen several positive and helpful conversations so decided to join in. I’m currently in the same timeline as those of you who have also posted, patiently and anxiously waiting for that email with next steps. I also saw the Spring 2020 class is getting everything in place and that’s super exciting! Love that you guys are linking up via WhatsApp. Hopeful us Aug2018 folks keep up that same comradery.

Also want to give a big shout out to GearUp. You’ve provided some bigtime helpful info and kept the optimistic energy going.

Fingers crossed our inboxes see those emails SOON! :).
thanks 4 users thanked HafFull for this useful post.
Fedjob02 on 7/29/2019(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 7/29/2019(UTC), stimpy729 on 7/30/2019(UTC), Shyguy on 7/31/2019(UTC)
AlecN  
#2697 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 9:10:45 AM(UTC)
AlecN

United States

August 2018 applicant. I wanted to ask if anyone knows much about part time military obligations and deployments. If deployed before or after academy, will I be able to keep my position with the DEA as a diversion investigator? I am ready to be all in but I know that my current unit is set to deploy in the next year.

Thoughts or help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
bestbrian  
#2698 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 12:36:25 PM(UTC)
bestbrian

United States

Originally Posted by: AlecN Go to Quoted Post
August 2018 applicant. I wanted to ask if anyone knows much about part time military obligations and deployments. If deployed before or after academy, will I be able to keep my position with the DEA as a diversion investigator? I am ready to be all in but I know that my current unit is set to deploy in the next year.

Thoughts or help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Once you're hired your protected by federal labor law. They have to hold your job for you. As for what happens before your hired, I can only share my experience with the NYPD. My reserve unit was deployed in February 1997, and I was due to enter the police academy in April. The NYPD put me on a deferred military list, and, when I returned, I entered the academy with retroactive seniority to April 1997. I would imagine that DEA would have something similar, but best to check with HR.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 31, 2019 12:37:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked bestbrian for this useful post.
AlecN on 7/31/2019(UTC)
RKS1023  
#2699 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 5:09:29 AM(UTC)
RKS1023

United States

has anyone heard anything in regards to the test results?
mvp375  
#2700 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 7:48:05 AM(UTC)
mvp375

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RKS1023 Go to Quoted Post
has anyone heard anything in regards to the test results?

I'm an 8/18 applicant. After the proctor exam in Oct/Nov, I got the 'goahead' to move forward with interviewing about a month and a half after.
I had to call HR to confirm this, they won't really tell you via email if you passed.

I'd say check in about 2-4 weeks after your exam if you moved forward, just to give HR the chance to schedule any last minute tests for others.

My experience, you're looking at about a 6 month timeframe for a possible interview.

Right now, seems most of us following this thread were recommended forward from the 8/18 group, we haven't heard any next steps after our interview yet. It's been about, 4-6 months since our interview and passing them.

Good luck!

Edited by user Monday, August 5, 2019 7:52:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked mvp375 for this useful post.
RKS1023 on 8/6/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed