Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice


Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
179 Pages«<155156157158159>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Browsermidwest  
#3121 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 11:25:16 AM(UTC)
Browsermidwest

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2018(UTC)
Posts: 54

Thanks: 20 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
So, in summary from all the recent posts the 8/18 applicants may not even see themselves head for the academy until early or late 2021?
I say this cause, it would be foolish to expect that we'd attend summer 2020, given it'll take 6 months (maybe) to even do the BI - I know forsure it will not move that fast for us 8/18 given how things are moving and being relayed now.
I feel more confident to say that academy for us 8/18 applicants shouldn't think of academy til 2021.

This may have been answered before, but if you attend the academy and fail the first round, is that it?

And also, academy occurs roughly 2x a year now right?
luckydevil  
#3122 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 12:15:51 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 313
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 71 times
Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Browsermidwest Go to Quoted Post
So, in summary from all the recent posts the 8/18 applicants may not even see themselves head for the academy until early or late 2021?
I say this cause, it would be foolish to expect that we'd attend summer 2020, given it'll take 6 months (maybe) to even do the BI - I know forsure it will not move that fast for us 8/18 given how things are moving and being relayed now.
I feel more confident to say that academy for us 8/18 applicants shouldn't think of academy til 2021.

This may have been answered before, but if you attend the academy and fail the first round, is that it?

And also, academy occurs roughly 2x a year now right?


I agree with you that you guys Aug 2018 group prob won't see a class until 2021 at best. BIs are taking about 6 month avg and as I learned a preference sheet doesn't guarantee you the class. Also, yes I was informed right now they are doing about 2 classes a year.
temeriti  
#3123 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 1:37:19 PM(UTC)
temeriti

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/2/2019(UTC)
Posts: 27
United States
Location: Colorado

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I probably won’t be as tactful as GearUp (love that dude), but I firmly believe that for the majority of situations, tact is just not telling the whole truth. And while I appreciate the diplomatic approach of the guy above me, I disagree.

I don’t understand it, at all. If things change THAT much for you, withdraw from the process. Because you (general you, not specifically you), with your stubborn desire to stay where you are and blatant ignoring of the hammering of the mobility agreement into your subconscious during the interview process, are taking time, resources, and available investigators/reps/etc away from those of us who would move to freaking Abu Dhabi to get this job...while also wasting the time of the many people working on your application.

Just something to think about. 🤷🏻‍♀️
thanks 2 users thanked temeriti for this useful post.
CrypticTemplar on 12/30/2019(UTC), Vjurado on 12/30/2019(UTC)
CaitieMFT  
#3124 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 6:07:41 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/17/2017(UTC)
Posts: 92
United States

Thanks: 97 times
Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Originally Posted by: temeriti Go to Quoted Post
I probably won’t be as tactful as GearUp (love that dude), but I firmly believe that for the majority of situations, tact is just not telling the whole truth. And while I appreciate the diplomatic approach of the guy above me, I disagree.

I don’t understand it, at all. If things change THAT much for you, withdraw from the process. Because you (general you, not specifically you), with your stubborn desire to stay where you are and blatant ignoring of the hammering of the mobility agreement into your subconscious during the interview process, are taking time, resources, and available investigators/reps/etc away from those of us who would move to freaking Abu Dhabi to get this job...while also wasting the time of the many people working on your application.

Just something to think about. 🤷🏻‍♀️


Totally agree. I understand that life circumstances change, but there are many points in the process where you have the opportunity to back out. You can always reapply if things change.

As for the wait, we’ve all been there. I know LuckyDevil and I applied at the same time, and I was totally bummed that they did not get the call when I did. The process is a journey, to be sure, but the end result is so worth it!

Hang in there, all, and hoping to see you all out in the field someday.
thanks 2 users thanked CaitieMFT for this useful post.
Vjurado on 12/30/2019(UTC), luckydevil on 12/30/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3125 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 8:19:40 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 313
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 71 times
Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: temeriti Go to Quoted Post
I probably won’t be as tactful as GearUp (love that dude), but I firmly believe that for the majority of situations, tact is just not telling the whole truth. And while I appreciate the diplomatic approach of the guy above me, I disagree.

I don’t understand it, at all. If things change THAT much for you, withdraw from the process. Because you (general you, not specifically you), with your stubborn desire to stay where you are and blatant ignoring of the hammering of the mobility agreement into your subconscious during the interview process, are taking time, resources, and available investigators/reps/etc away from those of us who would move to freaking Abu Dhabi to get this job...while also wasting the time of the many people working on your application.

Just something to think about. 🤷🏻‍♀️


True on that. I never thought of someone coming to the decision ahead of time to withdraw. I also was only considering a select few when I even stated maybe after 4 years things changed, but you are totally correct in then just pull out of the process. And ofcourse I was being a bit diplomatic in my response lol.
JT4091507  
#3126 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 1:40:10 PM(UTC)
JT4091507

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 12
United States

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi all, new forum member and November 2017 applicant here... I also received a preference sheet for DI 54 back in September, but have yet to hear anything. I contacted the hiring specialist in early December with whom I had been conversing the last year and she said that all necessary steps have been taken and that I am waiting to be selected for a class. She also said that she does not know when that will be "since selections are made outside of our department". She didn't give me a name or a department, but I am also just in the waiting game at this point.

I'm so thankful for all of you who have contributed such useful and hopeful information during this process...we seem to be in the home stretch!
thanks 4 users thanked JT4091507 for this useful post.
CrypticTemplar on 1/2/2020(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 1/2/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 1/2/2020(UTC), luckydevil on 1/3/2020(UTC)
FinCrimesJD  
#3127 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 9:13:29 AM(UTC)
FinCrimesJD

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/17/2018(UTC)
Posts: 55
United States
Location: SD

Thanks: 106 times
Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 18 post(s)
2018 applicant as you all already know. I just got the eQuip email. It's going to be a fun-filled weekend of documentation!
thanks 2 users thanked FinCrimesJD for this useful post.
Fedjob02 on 1/3/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 1/3/2020(UTC)
Fedjob02  
#3128 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 9:46:03 AM(UTC)
Fedjob02

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/12/2016(UTC)
Posts: 22
United States
Location: Chicago

Thanks: 21 times
Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FinCrimesJD Go to Quoted Post
2018 applicant as you all already know. I just got the eQuip email. It's going to be a fun-filled weekend of documentation!


Great way to start the new year!
thanks 1 user thanked Fedjob02 for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 1/3/2020(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3129 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 10:54:39 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2018(UTC)
Posts: 313
United States
Location: Southwest

Thanks: 71 times
Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FinCrimesJD Go to Quoted Post
2018 applicant as you all already know. I just got the eQuip email. It's going to be a fun-filled weekend of documentation!


Awesome! One step closer
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 1/3/2020(UTC)
Navychick101  
#3130 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2020 3:00:15 PM(UTC)
Navychick101

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/15/2019(UTC)
Posts: 35
United States
Location: Nashville, TN

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FinCrimesJD Go to Quoted Post
2018 applicant as you all already know. I just got the eQuip email. It's going to be a fun-filled weekend of documentation!


I got mine today too! I’m in the August 2018 group. Hopefully they start knocking some more of us out.
thanks 2 users thanked Navychick101 for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 1/3/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 1/3/2020(UTC)
Browsermidwest  
#3131 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2020 2:11:55 PM(UTC)
Browsermidwest

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/22/2018(UTC)
Posts: 54

Thanks: 20 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Heads up - I'm an 8/18 applicant. Before the Xmas/NYE break I inquired to my HR rep whether we needed copies of our exams for ourselves and was routed to the QTC handling scheduling to obtain a copy. As I filled out my release of information, I was told that I DID NOT complete all necessary exams and have to now go for a final medical/drug appointment.

I only bring this up cause some of my fellow 8/18 applicants got their eQuip and I did not. Seems there were issues on the clinics end as far as not completing the necessary exams for medical/drugs.

I don't intend to start panic for you all - but in case you're in the same boat as I and haven't heard anything yet either, might wanna check in.

I'm awaiting a date to finish my final medical/drug test now......

I'm not upset cause this process moves like molassess anyway. Just wanted to head's up. Good luck all!
thanks 2 users thanked Browsermidwest for this useful post.
Vjurado on 1/6/2020(UTC), Candidate84 on 1/7/2020(UTC)
Vjurado  
#3132 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2020 3:02:50 PM(UTC)
Vjurado

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2016(UTC)
Posts: 87
United States
Location: Louisiana

Thanks: 94 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
8/18 applicant here also. Completed medical 12/11 and drug screen on 12/13. Emailed HR re: eQip and was told they're still waiting on my test results (assuming due to holidays), then those would be forwarded to "suitability dept", and I would here from that dept directly.

Edited by user Monday, January 6, 2020 3:03:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Vjurado for this useful post.
Browsermidwest on 1/6/2020(UTC)
Candidate84  
#3133 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 6:23:47 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2019(UTC)
Posts: 27
United States
Location: Buffalo

Thanks: 57 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vjurado Go to Quoted Post
8/18 applicant here also. Completed medical 12/11 and drug screen on 12/13. Emailed HR re: eQip and was told they're still waiting on my test results (assuming due to holidays), then those would be forwarded to "suitability dept", and I would here from that dept directly.



Yup! Just did the same thing and was told the holidays may have slowed medical up. Don't freak out just yet. :)
thanks 1 user thanked Candidate84 for this useful post.
Vjurado on 1/7/2020(UTC)
Vjurado  
#3134 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 2:27:39 PM(UTC)
Vjurado

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2016(UTC)
Posts: 87
United States
Location: Louisiana

Thanks: 94 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Buffalo84 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vjurado Go to Quoted Post
8/18 applicant here also. Completed medical 12/11 and drug screen on 12/13. Emailed HR re: eQip and was told they're still waiting on my test results (assuming due to holidays), then those would be forwarded to "suitability dept", and I would here from that dept directly.



Yup! Just did the same thing and was told the holidays may have slowed medical up. Don't freak out just yet. :)


Lol! Not freaking out yet indeed! I figured I'd give it a couple of weeks.


temeriti  
#3135 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2020 6:00:23 PM(UTC)
temeriti

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/2/2019(UTC)
Posts: 27
United States
Location: Colorado

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I was freaking just a wee bit, lol, but then got mine this morning. Updated and signed, sent back. Yay progress! :)
thanks 1 user thanked temeriti for this useful post.
Vjurado on 1/8/2020(UTC)
Bookish7267  
#3136 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:36:44 AM(UTC)
Bookish7267

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/2/2018(UTC)
Posts: 22
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 8 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
May 2018 applicant
July 2018 written assessment
Received call for interview October 26, 2018
Interview/Oral assessment scheduled for November 14, 2018
Passed Oral assessment January 2019.
Received questionnaire & disclosure January 24, 2018
Received conditional offer letter February 07, 2019
Received/completed e-Qip March 15, 2019
Medical exam & drug test completed week of March 18-22, 2018.
April – additional medical paperwork.
May 2019 – passed medical, packaged cleared.
June 21, 2019 email from NBIB.
June 25, 2019 submitted references for interim clearance
July 2, 2019 meet w/BI
October 2019 receive and submit Location sheet for DI54
January 7, 2020 Received and completed SF 86C

Update: Per HR rep class DI54 has not yet been completely filled.

Update: I was just called with an FOE for class 54. The location they offered was not one I could accept. Yes, it was on my list (location #5). But my circumstances have changed (for the better) since I applied for the job and I just couldn't accept. I did ask if they had openings within my top 3 picks and the rep said he was only authorized to offer the 1 position/spot.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 8, 2020 12:57:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked Bookish7267 for this useful post.
sdiceman on 1/8/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 1/8/2020(UTC), JT4091507 on 1/8/2020(UTC), Rabbitsfoot on 1/8/2020(UTC)
Rabbitsfoot  
#3137 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 2:38:27 PM(UTC)
Rabbitsfoot

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/3/2019(UTC)
Posts: 20
Location: Maumelle,Arkansas

Thanks: 21 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thank you!
Candidate84  
#3138 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 5:32:31 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2019(UTC)
Posts: 27
United States
Location: Buffalo

Thanks: 57 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bookish7267 Go to Quoted Post
May 2018 applicant
July 2018 written assessment
Received call for interview October 26, 2018
Interview/Oral assessment scheduled for November 14, 2018
Passed Oral assessment January 2019.
Received questionnaire & disclosure January 24, 2018
Received conditional offer letter February 07, 2019
Received/completed e-Qip March 15, 2019
Medical exam & drug test completed week of March 18-22, 2018.
April – additional medical paperwork.
May 2019 – passed medical, packaged cleared.
June 21, 2019 email from NBIB.
June 25, 2019 submitted references for interim clearance
July 2, 2019 meet w/BI
October 2019 receive and submit Location sheet for DI54

January 7, 2020 Received and completed SF 86C

Update: Per HR rep class DI54 has not yet been completely filled.

Update: I was just called with an FOE for class 54. The location they offered was not one I could accept. Yes, it was on my list (location #5). But my circumstances have changed (for the better) since I applied for the job and I just couldn't accept. I did ask if they had openings within my top 3 picks and the rep said he was only authorized to offer the 1 position/spot.





What was the difference between the job postings between June 2018 and August 2018? Was federal experience required for the June posting?

Edited by user Thursday, January 9, 2020 5:34:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: structuring of question

Rabbitsfoot  
#3139 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2020 3:26:56 PM(UTC)
Rabbitsfoot

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/3/2019(UTC)
Posts: 20
Location: Maumelle,Arkansas

Thanks: 21 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The job announcement for May/June 2018 when I applied was for current or past FED employees and Veterans. I’m not sure how the August 2018 announcement was posted.
k30  
#3140 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 7:03:02 AM(UTC)
k30

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/27/2017(UTC)
Posts: 6
United States
Location: Florida

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Received my FOE today for DI Class 54 and received my number 6 location pick.
thanks 2 users thanked k30 for this useful post.
CaitieMFT on 1/11/2020(UTC), Rabbitsfoot on 1/11/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (30), SATXNez
179 Pages«<155156157158159>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.139 seconds.