Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
173 Pages«<169170171172173>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luckydevil  
#3401 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 6:50:30 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sdiceman Go to Quoted Post
Well, just a quick update. As I posted yesterday, I received the same letter as Deezy. I spoke to HRRD, as I was under the impression that I had cleared suitability last Fall, as I have received two preference sheets since then. They explained that I only “tentatively” cleared suitability, and they were waiting for my full background to come back before making a final decision. Unfortunately, that decision was not in my favor. It’s devastating after spending 24+ months in the hiring process. I am a 13-year former Federal law-enforcement officer who only left my career in order to be the caregiver for a dying family member. The fact that they make it so difficult to return to Federal employment is very unfair.

I’m so sorry. Did they give you a reason like Deezy?
sdiceman  
#3402 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 7:09:16 AM(UTC)
sdiceman

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post

I’m so sorry. Did they give you a reason like Deezy?

Thank you. They cited a “non-selection action” under 5 CFR 731.203 (b) in the letter, but they couldn’t or wouldn’t elaborate on the telephone or email correspondence as to the specific reason.
thanks 1 user thanked sdiceman for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 7/9/2020(UTC)
FederalJobDreaming  
#3403 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:31:32 PM(UTC)
FederalJobDreaming

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
To Deezy and sdiceman, I hope this just means something better is out there for you. Something you wouldn’t have the opportunity to experience if you got this job. I can’t imagine the disappointment and I’m so sorry to hear all this time and anticipation was in vain.
thanks 1 user thanked FederalJobDreaming for this useful post.
sdiceman on 7/9/2020(UTC)
Deezy  
#3404 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 3:58:50 AM(UTC)
Deezy

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Actually, because of the scrutiny into nearly every aspect of my life I've improved my financial situation immensely and improved my health substantially. As a result I found the woman of my dreams. Good luck to all of you. I hope, win or lose, you come out better!
thanks 4 users thanked Deezy for this useful post.
FewcherFed on 7/10/2020(UTC), Candidate84 on 7/10/2020(UTC), FederalJobDreaming on 7/13/2020(UTC), CaitieMFT on 7/13/2020(UTC)
FewcherFed  
#3405 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 4:28:58 AM(UTC)
FewcherFed

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sdiceman Go to Quoted Post
Well, just a quick update. As I posted yesterday, I received the same letter as Deezy. I spoke to HRRD, as I was under the impression that I had cleared suitability last Fall, as I have received two preference sheets since then. They explained that I only “tentatively” cleared suitability, and they were waiting for my full background to come back before making a final decision. Unfortunately, that decision was not in my favor. It’s devastating after spending 24+ months in the hiring process. I am a 13-year former Federal law-enforcement officer who only left my career in order to be the caregiver for a dying family member. The fact that they make it so difficult to return to Federal employment is very unfair.

I am sorry to hear that. We may not know the full story but it sure doesn't leave a lot of hope out there. Not that hope is anything you're suppose to display when trying to attain this job. Without having all the details, I can say, it seems as though this job is more extra in their hiring process than with others that carry weapons and have more responsibilities. Its interesting.
Candidate84  
#3406 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 5:19:08 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Deezy Go to Quoted Post
Actually, because of the scrutiny into nearly every aspect of my life I've improved my financial situation immensely and improved my health substantially. As a result I found the woman of my dreams. Good luck to all of you. I hope, win or lose, you come out better!

Someone who takes these kinds of lemons and makes lemonade is undoubtedly going to do well in life. Victory awaits! Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked Candidate84 for this useful post.
FederalJobDreaming on 7/13/2020(UTC)
GearUp  
#3407 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 6:55:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 214 post(s)
Very sorry to hear that folks didn't get selected. It's a tough job to get. There are, currently, less than 500 DI's worldwide. Our authorized DI staffing level isn't too much higher so the process is very very selective. DEA get thousands of applications for only a few vacancies. If you hadn't noticed the last announcement would close before the actual close date once 4,000 applications had been filed. Its tough to get the "thanks but no thanks" e-mail but not everyone can get selected. Just not enough vacancies.
thanks 7 users thanked for this useful post.
FederalDreams on 7/10/2020(UTC), luckydevil on 7/10/2020(UTC), Candidate84 on 7/10/2020(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 7/10/2020(UTC), Imw8ng4DEA on 7/10/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 7/12/2020(UTC), FederalJobDreaming on 7/13/2020(UTC)
Candidate84  
#3408 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:07:21 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Anybody from the August 2018 posting move forward beyond the final panel? I'm waiting on my full background..it started mid-May. Hoping that no news is good news. I'm sure the pandemic has slowed (halted?) the final panel meetings.
FinCrimesJD  
#3409 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:21:28 AM(UTC)
FinCrimesJD

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Candidate84 Go to Quoted Post
Anybody from the August 2018 posting move forward beyond the final panel? I'm waiting on my full background..it started mid-May. Hoping that no news is good news. I'm sure the pandemic has slowed (halted?) the final panel meetings.

There's a few of us in different stages from the 2018 group. After the panel, I went through medical and drug testing, as well as the background investigation. It's been several months now and radio silence, which is to be expected. Hopefully the coming weeks will have a prefetence sheet.
thanks 1 user thanked FinCrimesJD for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 7/14/2020(UTC)
Navychick101  
#3410 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:28:02 AM(UTC)
Navychick101

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I’m from the August 2018 group. So my background started in January 2020 and I haven’t heard anything about it. I called that number on the job announcement like 4 months ago and was told that if my background was done it would get sent to a suitability panel. They said that the panel wasn’t meeting right now because of COVID and that they had to meet in person. I’m guessing the panel is the final decider before we get preference sheets (pure conjecture on my part). I know a few other people received emails saying that they didn’t make it (that super sucks and I feel bad for them) so I’m wondering if that means the panel is meeting now?

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:29:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Navychick101 for this useful post.
Candidate84  
#3411 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:41:28 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Originally Posted by: FinCrimesJD Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Candidate84 Go to Quoted Post

There's a few of us in different stages from the 2018 group. After the panel, I went through medical and drug testing, as well as the background investigation. It's been several months now and radio silence, which is to be expected. Hopefully the coming weeks will have a prefetence sheet.

By panel I didn't mean the interview panel. I had my interview panel in April 2019. There's a final panel which apparently reviews your overall package after the completion of your full background investigation and determines if you made it. This is what I was told by my BI. Hope this clarifies...sorry about that.
Candidate84  
#3412 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:46:22 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Originally Posted by: Navychick101 Go to Quoted Post
I’m from the August 2018 group. So my background started in January 2020 and I haven’t heard anything about it. I called that number on the job announcement like 4 months ago and was told that if my background was done it would get sent to a suitability panel. They said that the panel wasn’t meeting right now because of COVID and that they had to meet in person. I’m guessing the panel is the final decider before we get preference sheets (pure conjecture on my part). I know a few other people received emails saying that they didn’t make it (that super sucks and I feel bad for them) so I’m wondering if that means the panel is meeting now?

That was a lot of useful info. Thank you! Yeah, I saw that a few rejections went out so I, of course, have been checking my emails far too often and driving my wife insane. It's better to forget you applied but when you've made it this far....it's kinda tough. I think those people who were rejected were from the June 2018 posting so I'm hoping that means we should hear kinda soon-ish...but it's so hard to tell. I know, I know..move forward and forget you applied but I'm kinda stoked, ya know? Thanks for replying.
AFerg85  
#3413 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:49:54 AM(UTC)
AFerg85

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm an August 2018 applicant. I completed my background investigation end of January, and haven't heard anything since. I reached out to my investigator a month or so ago, and she stated that she had finished and submitted my investigation "a while ago." I guess like others, I'm waiting on review from the suitability panel. Good luck to all still waiting, and to those recently not selected, keep your head up and keep applying.
thanks 1 user thanked AFerg85 for this useful post.
Critter82  
#3414 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:50:51 AM(UTC)
Critter82

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I’d honestly be surprised if they even have another academy this fall. Certain states are canceling schools due to Covid19. From a business management standpoint, I bet they are in a wait and see approach. Why hire all these new people, just to potentially send them home like the last class and pay them full salaries to do nothing? That’s my thinking anyways. Compound this on top of the already slow hiring process and I bet it will be next year before they do another class.

Anyone agree or disagree with my line of thinking?
thanks 2 users thanked Critter82 for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 7/14/2020(UTC), AlecN on 7/14/2020(UTC)
Candidate84  
#3415 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:12:18 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Originally Posted by: Critter82 Go to Quoted Post
I’d honestly be surprised if they even have another academy this fall. Certain states are canceling schools due to Covid19. From a business management standpoint, I bet they are in a wait and see approach. Why hire all these new people, just to potentially send them home like the last class and pay them full salaries to do nothing? That’s my thinking anyways. Compound this on top of the already slow hiring process and I bet it will be next year before they do another class.

Good thoughts. I think you are probably right. It doesn't make sense to grab a bunch of people and organize a class at a time when this pandemic is all over the place.
MerGr3y  
#3416 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:18:32 AM(UTC)
MerGr3y

United States

I'm from the August 2018 group too, and I last followed up with HR back at the end of March (my BI was completed in mid-March). They confirmed my background file is in suitability, and advised me that can take a year. Being in limbo is the hardest thing about this if you ask me! I have it pretty good with my current employer, they know about this job and still kept me even though they had to cut 1/3 of our staff due to the coronavirus. That and I work from home. That said, I'm really ready to settle down and buy a house but don't want to do that until I know where I'll be going long-term. The waiting game is super hard, but as others have said it does appear that there is some movement with the June group. My best wishes to everyone!
thanks 1 user thanked MerGr3y for this useful post.
Candidate84 on 7/15/2020(UTC)
CaitieMFT  
#3417 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:36:31 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Hey all,
Like GearUp mentioned, we’re teleworking right now so I wouldn’t expect much movement until things start opening back up again.
That being said, I just wanted to encourage everyone in the process to wait it out. I know it’s tough, but the job is totally worth it. Hang in there!!
thanks 4 users thanked CaitieMFT for this useful post.
luckydevil on 7/14/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 7/14/2020(UTC), FinCrimesJD on 7/14/2020(UTC), Candidate84 on 7/15/2020(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3418 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:37:21 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Critter82 Go to Quoted Post

I agree. I had received the preference sheet for DI55 and have been in regular contact with HR with having to redo my medical that expired. The last I spoke to them they had said there is no new set date for DI55 that was postponed. They were looking at early fall depending how things went so it definitely sounds like it is a wait and see before a final judgement on a date. I’m going to stay hopeful we can kick this pandemic by October and maybe just maybe I’ll finally make it off to training lol. 3.5 years and waiting here. Hang in there folks!
thanks 3 users thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Vjurado on 7/14/2020(UTC), CaitieMFT on 7/14/2020(UTC), Candidate84 on 7/15/2020(UTC)
TxChic  
#3419 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:52:40 PM(UTC)
TxChic

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I hope everyone is doing well. In an optimistic world; I work at a federal training center and they have begun to accept students based of the priority of the positions. Students have been arriving early to quarantine for two weeks prior to the start of class, then restricted to campus for the duration of training. I also have a close friend that is in the military that did the same sort of thing; they arrived early and in addition, the first two weeks were remote learning prior to physically convening in class. Who knows, depending on the duration of this social distancing/quarantining, maybe they will adopt a method to continue training. Stay safe everyone! (Btw, also Aug 2018 and was moving with the group until medical and had to be cleared, which happened around about Feb. I was churning until about three weeks ago when I finally received my eQIP. Most of my references have been contacted, so like stated above, there is some kind of movement.)

Edited by user Wednesday, July 15, 2020 5:43:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked TxChic for this useful post.
luckydevil on 7/14/2020(UTC), Vjurado on 7/14/2020(UTC), Candidate84 on 7/15/2020(UTC), MerGr3y on 7/15/2020(UTC), AlecN on 7/16/2020(UTC)
AlecN  
#3420 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:30:59 AM(UTC)
AlecN

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Question about the background investigation and suitability:

I recently contacted my background investigator and she said she had already submitted her report. I'm fairly optimistic, but nothing is for sure until I get the official job offer, preference sheet, and a school date. After background investigator told me that she submitted it, I reached out to my suitability contact. He said it was still in process as of May 5th, 2 and a half months ago, but will adjudicate as soon as he receives it and is able. He also said that due to covid, the suitability review team hasn't met because they "only meet in person to conduct reviews". Is there anyone else in this same situation and waiting for adjudication and review? Has anyone been here already and know of a "possible" timeline?

Again, due to covid, I am not chomping at the bit anymore and not expecting a lot of movement anytime soon. I'm staying positive and I hope that everyone else is too. Stay safe, get lots of sun, and make sure that you and your loved ones are taking lots of vitamin D. Google it if you don't know why.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed