Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
194 Pages«<188189190191192>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vjurado  
#3781 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:29:08 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Hello All
Quick question: I've been informed that my BI is pending, but I have not been contacted by an investigator. Isn't this the next step?
Thanks so much
luckydevil  
#3782 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:51:31 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 147 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vjurado Go to Quoted Post
Hello All
Quick question: I've been informed that my BI is pending, but I have not been contacted by an investigator. Isn't this the next step?
Thanks so much

It can take awhile for an investigator to contact you. Mine was pending in September of one year and I wasn’t contacted until November. Also, it depends if you already have a current clearance. I believe some who currently do were never contacted but don’t hold me to that one lol.
Vjurado  
#3783 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 8:48:15 AM(UTC)
Vjurado

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Hello All
Thanks so much

It can take awhile for an investigator to contact you. Mine was pending in September of one year and I wasn’t contacted until November. Also, it depends if you already have a current clearance. I believe some who currently do were never contacted but don’t hold me to that one lol.

Well, this is a surprise: I just received a call from investigator to schedule phone interview! That was quick. Whew!
luckydevil  
#3784 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 8:50:26 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Hello All
Thanks so much

Well, this is a surprise: I just received a call from investigator to schedule phone interview! That was quick. Whew!

Awesome!
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Vjurado on 2/23/2021(UTC)
marcellu5  
#3785 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 12:33:09 PM(UTC)
marcellu5

United States

Any one know how prevalent it is for people to pass the medical and background and be found unsuitable? I saw a person recently in the thread had that happen, which is unfortunate.
Prep  
#3786 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 11:22:27 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Good Afternoon,

I hope y'all are doing good! This is my first post. I got a tip from a friend this forum was here, and they recommended I check it out to see how everyone else is faring during their "wait". LOL I applied under the August 2018 announcement. I had my in-person interview (regarding my E-qip) with an investigator 2 days before the government went into shutdown mode for COVID. That was March 11th, 2020.

So here I sit and wait. It's encouraging to know I'm not the only one still waiting.
luckydevil  
#3787 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 11:26:11 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Prep Go to Quoted Post
Good Afternoon,

I hope y'all are doing good! This is my first post. I got a tip from a friend this forum was here, and they recommended I check it out to see how everyone else is faring during their "wait". LOL I applied under the August 2018 announcement. I had my in-person interview (regarding my E-qip) with an investigator 2 days before the government went into shutdown mode for COVID. That was March 11th, 2020.

So here I sit and wait. It's encouraging to know I'm not the only one still waiting.

Welcome to the group and the wait 😂
WinterPatriot  
#3788 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 11:32:16 AM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

United States

I received an interview invite today. Panel interviews are going to be held in the next two weeks, per HQ apparently. I applied in the summer of 2020 and did the proctored exam in August. I'm a little unsure of what do though -- I've since started a different 6c-covered job. It's not as investigation or enforcement based as I would like though, so I'm still really interested in the diversion investigator position. I just don't want to be disloyal to my current agency.
stimpy729  
#3789 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 7:49:23 AM(UTC)
stimpy729

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WinterPatriot Go to Quoted Post
I received an interview invite today. Panel interviews are going to be held in the next two weeks, per HQ apparently. I applied in the summer of 2020 and did the proctored exam in August. I'm a little unsure of what do though -- I've since started a different 6c-covered job. It's not as investigation or enforcement based as I would like though, so I'm still really interested in the diversion investigator position. I just don't want to be disloyal to my current agency.

Chances are you still have at least another year and a half to go before they offer you a position. It’s not being disloyal to your current agency. You can always go through the process and decline the job if they make you an offer if you end up liking your current job as you settle into the position. If nothing else the process will keep your interviewing skills current.
thanks 1 user thanked stimpy729 for this useful post.
WinterPatriot on 3/1/2021(UTC)
Candidate84  
#3790 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 5:19:35 AM(UTC)
Candidate84

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Looks like a new posting for DI went up.
agent05  
#3791 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 5:31:03 AM(UTC)
agent05

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Candidate84 Go to Quoted Post

Just saw that this latest posting requires a poly. What will happen to those that are halfway done with the process under a different announcement that does not require a pre-employment poly? GEARUP? Will they be asked towards the end to take it or it all depends on what step of the process they are at???
TxShortie88  
#3792 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2021 8:10:16 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 33 post(s)
An email went out stating that from this listing forward, the polygraph will be required. I would doubt anyone in the process will have to take it based on that statement. And its not in previous listings.

Originally Posted by: agent05 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Candidate84 Go to Quoted Post

Just saw that this latest posting requires a poly. What will happen to those that are halfway done with the process under a different announcement that does not require a pre-employment poly? GEARUP? Will they be asked towards the end to take it or it all depends on what step of the process they are at???

thanks 1 user thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
Vjurado on 3/2/2021(UTC)
GearUp  
#3793 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2021 8:41:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 673 time(s) in 225 post(s)
As I understand it, if you applied under previous announcements and are in the process you will not need to take the Poly. Only those who apply under the new or subsequent announcements will be required to do so. They can't add requirements to past announcements once you've applied.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Vjurado on 3/2/2021(UTC)
luckydevil  
#3794 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:19:12 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Hey all this is super tentative so please don’t bombard HR with questions lol but I spoke with them and next class is tentatively set for July 18th. Again, this is very subject to change at the moment, but hopefully that means we will be seeing preference sheets in the next few months. Again, they said that’s the date they are looking at but nothing set in stone yet.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:20:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
JGrozier23 on 3/4/2021(UTC)
WinterPatriot  
#3795 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:33:25 AM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

United States

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
As I understand it, if you applied under previous announcements and are in the process you will not need to take the Poly. Only those who apply under the new or subsequent announcements will be required to do so. They can't add requirements to past announcements once you've applied.

Are you able to discuss the possible reasons for this new poly requirement? I applied under the summer 2020 vacancy announcement, but am just curious.

Also -- do you happen to know if/when employment references are checked between the panel interview and the conditional offer letter? Does OPM or the DEA do the background investigation now? I'm just trying to figure out when I'd need to tell my current agency that I'm in the DI hiring process. I'm undergoing an OPM BI currently for my existing job. I'd rather my supervisor hear it from me personally, but also I'd prefer to wait as long as possible.

Thanks again for all the information you've provided in this thread, it's been very informative.
CrypticTemplar  
#3796 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 10:53:34 AM(UTC)
CrypticTemplar

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Haven't checked in on here in a while. Last I heard anything was MONTHS ago with a new preference sheet being to me. This was back in October or November last year if I recall correctly. Been stagnant since. Hopefully something gets traction soon. Just read luckydevil's reply about possible summer class coming up...fingers crossed
thanks 2 users thanked CrypticTemplar for this useful post.
Vjurado on 3/4/2021(UTC), luckydevil on 3/4/2021(UTC)
Prep  
#3797 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 6:50:11 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Hey all this is super tentative so please don’t bombard HR with questions lol but I spoke with them and next class is tentatively set for July 18th. Again, this is very subject to change at the moment, but hopefully that means we will be seeing preference sheets in the next few months. Again, they said that’s the date they are looking at but nothing set in stone yet.

Good Morning!

Just a scenario here: If I was going to be in the July class, then I should get the Preference Sheet sometime in April?

Also, once I do the Preference Sheet, will the only way I know I'll be in the (tentative) July class is they contact me and say "Hey, you're in the class!" and not hearing anything would translate into "You are not in the July class"?

Thanks for all your information! I've gone back a few pages and read all the posts, and you have a lot more info than I've ever gotten. I did have to reach out to my HR person about something recently. I questioned her then about the next steps after the BI is done. THAT was when I got the info on Preference Sheets (from them directly). Until then, I had no clue. I came here and saw everyone talking about them.
thanks 1 user thanked Prep for this useful post.
WinterPatriot on 3/5/2021(UTC)
Prep  
#3798 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 6:57:41 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Originally Posted by: WinterPatriot Go to Quoted Post

I wouldn't worry about being disloyal. Can't tell you how many times I've seen people bounce from position to position to position within a 6 month period. People are looking out for themselves and what is best for them. About a year after I filed for this position, I finally let my manager know what was going with this position and that they would probably be calling him, so he knows. He wasn't fazed. He knows this is how it goes sometimes. I know there might be an opportunity come up where I am to move up, and I've thought about whether it would be right to apply for it. I'm torn, but I don't worry about it too much b/c those opportunities have not come up yet. If they do, well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I've also got apps out at other agencies right now, so I mean, again-I'm trying to do what is best for me and my future. That's just my approach.
luckydevil  
#3799 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 7:14:13 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Good Morning!

Just a scenario here: If I was going to be in the July class, then I should get the Preference Sheet sometime in April?

Also, once I do the Preference Sheet, will the only way I know I'll be in the (tentative) July class is they contact me and say "Hey, you're in the class!" and not hearing anything would translate into "You are not in the July class"?

Thanks for all your information! I've gone back a few pages and read all the posts, and you have a lot more info than I've ever gotten. I did have to reach out to my HR person about something recently. I questioned her then about the next steps after the BI is done. THAT was when I got the info on Preference Sheets (from them directly). Until then, I had no clue. I came here and saw everyone talking about them.

Correct if you are eligible for the class you will receive a preference sheet. Ofcourse, this doesn’t guarantee you make the class. If you are selected for the class, you will receive a call with your final offer/location. If you didn’t make the class, they don’t tell you. Crickets equates to not selected lol. From my experience, if you aren’t called by 2 weeks before the class you didn’t make it. Most calls go out around the same few weeks. But sometimes some get called last minute. This is my 3rd class waiting on.

Edited by user Friday, March 5, 2021 7:15:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Prep  
#3800 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 7:43:49 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Good Morning!

Correct if you are eligible for the class you will receive a preference sheet. Ofcourse, this doesn’t guarantee you make the class. If you are selected for the class, you will receive a call with your final offer/location. If you didn’t make the class, they don’t tell you. Crickets equates to not selected lol. From my experience, if you aren’t called by 2 weeks before the class you didn’t make it. Most calls go out around the same few weeks. But sometimes some get called last minute. This is my 3rd class waiting on.

Thank you so much! May I ask you one more thing? Sorry, I know my HR person is slammed, and while she is extremely nice, I don't wanna press. LOL I tried to get some clarification from her on how the Preference Sheet work and what it was all about. She said-if I understood her correctly-that THEY would list some offices/cities and states where they had availabilities, and I would choose my top 3 and return it. Now, from what I've read here, it's kind of the opposite. I list my top 3 (or more, from what I've seen here) places and then they see if they have a spot available in one of those areas that I provide and if they have an opening, then off to class I would go. If not, well, I continue to wait.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed